The Ketchum Report

Guest slimwitless

An honor I could have lived without, let me tell you, so far I'm batting a 1000 in being wrong. :lol:

And now you know why I feel bad about our bet.

Guest Jodie

Oh now wait a minute there buster, I said "so far", as long as the final conclusion is right it doesn't matter how I got there. :lol:

Guest slimwitless

There's an Internet radio show out there that discusses one of the "feral human" domain names registered in Ketchum's name. The host requested a comment from Dr. Ketchum via a Facebook PM. Apparently she responded and asked that he not read too much into it. She said she tasked someone with registering appropriate domains and that person let their own views influence some of the choices. I looked and found twenty-five domains registered on the same day in February, 2011 - nearly half had a "feral human" angle.

<speculation>

Between those domains and the copyright filings, I'm left to wonder whether their own opinions about what they had didn't evolve as testing progressed. Let's pretend the human mtDNA rumors are true. Without the completed nuDNA testing that might show - as JerryWayne put it - an "ancient homo/modern homo hybrid or sub-species of modern human", they may have acted prematurely. Later, when the nuDNA/genome results came in and/or other experts joined in the analysis, the picture changed. In any case, if feral human is the big revelation, why deny it so vigorously? Why start a group to preserve the "species"?

</speculation>

I just went to Robert Lindsay's blog to check out some examples of him quoting my friends at the BFF, and so I took a quick stroll through the content. I need a shower. Now I know what you guys were talking about.

Guest BFSleuth

slimwitless, I think you nailed it when you said, "I'm left to wonder whether their own opinions about what they had didn't evolve as testing progressed."

From the first mtDNA results I'm sure that with additional sequencing they have developed and modified their direction of research. It sounds like quite the exploration. Given that they registered an array of web sites notes that they had a variety of possible expected results at that time and they wanted to make sure they had nailed down the domains for whatever the end result would be.

Guest Jodie

Sounds logical to me, so if she refutes human of any kind then perhaps my guess is closer to the mark, Slim. I can see wanting to protect it if it is in a transitional state between developing human like intelligence versus what we have already seen with the other great apes.

I don't think it necessarily has to be a different version of us to do that even though we have no precedent for it that anyone agrees on at this point on the planet. Of course, it could be nothing more than a genetic mess with wishful thinking involved if that is the direction they are headed in with the conclusions of this study.

+1 for inc1's eloping news (not sure if you eloped, or kidnapped Jodie though)

+1 for notgiganto's "pencil thins + cham-pan-ya glasses" somewhere above.

both much needed humor this morning... on 2nd cup of coffee, and still growling at everything that moves near me...

Can anyone give a summarization or update of the last few days? I have vowed to only check in on this Ketchum thing once every week or two.

Can anyone give a summarization or update of the last few days? I have vowed to only check in on this Ketchum thing once every week or two.

Another statement from Ketchum that the paper is progressing through the process and that she sees it as being out in the near to intermediate term followed by a whole bunch of baseless bashing and speculating by the Skeptics.

Same Stuff, Different Day.

Guest MikeG

You didn't miss anything Drew.

Well, other than the road-kill adult male sasquatch that has been handed in to the Smithsonian and is now on public display. Apart from that, nothing at all.

Mike

You didn't miss anything Drew.

Well, other than the road-kill adult male sasquatch that has been handed in to the Smithsonian and is now on public display. Apart from that, nothing at all.

Mike

lol, pretty good......wonder if this will show up in lindsays blog now too...."leak from secret source confirms BF yadda yadda"..... B)