The Ketchum Report

Well at least the silence has been broken. She has certainly painted herself into a corner admitting she has proof. Let's hope she can deliver.

Guest parnassus

Here's the latest Lads & Lasses, form a whopping 15 mins ago..;)

Melba Ketchum

Ok, for the sake of time ( and I hope all of you understand), I will answer everyone publicly here. I keep getting a lot of emails from everyone wanting to know the status of the project. Though I cannot give details or timing, I will assure everyone that all is well and we are continuing to move forward. Good science cannot be forced or quickly completed. If it is not extremely thorough, then it will all be for naught and any paper rejected outright. So, I ask you to be patient and understanding and realize that extreme scientific overkill is required in order to convince a world full of skeptical scientists. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". This is what we are doing. When we started this, I thought we would be finished in a few weeks, but instead as Sasquatch are known to do, they threw us curve balls even with their DNA which can be as elusive as they are. Thank goodness we are past that! As a result, we have assembled a renowned team, each of us with our own specialties to make this project "extraordinary". If everyone will hang in there, I promise it will be worth the wait. We have the proof, now just give us the opportunity to present it in a form that will even convince skeptics. Thanks so much for all of your emails and support. Best wishes to all.

Translation:

I had to throw up my hands. It looked good in the beginning when Stubstad explained it to me but now I just don't know. It's very confusing. I haven't been able to put it all together into a paper that doesn't depend on one or two anecdotal reports. I sent all my results to someone who knows a lot more about primate and population genetics than I (and Stubstad) do and they will get back to me on what it all means. Until then I'm at a standstill.

Parnassus - It must really be tough to be right all the time lol. That's "War and Peace" you've read between those lines. Yes, it seems that she hit a wall, but maybe it's not as catstrophic to her case as you make it out to be. Perhaps is has not been completely rejected but she has been invited to revise and resubmit?

post-2298-005969900 1320413408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest slimwitless

Translation:

I had to throw up my hands. It looked good in the beginning when Stubstad explained it to me but now I just don't know. It's very confusing. I haven't been able to put it all together into a paper that doesn't depend on one or two anecdotal reports. I sent all my results to someone who knows a lot more about primate and population genetics than I (and Stubstad) do and they will get back to me on what it all means. Until then I'm at a standstill.

Really? You're the one hinting the paper was submitted to some journal known only to you. Get it together, man.

Edited by slimwitless

SSR Team

Translation:

Put those Claws away P..;)

Translation:

Translation:

Did you get your crystal ball on eBay or is there a specialty shop in your area? The preemptive strike never comes off well.

Guest parnassus

Really? You're the one hinting the paper was submitted to some journal known only to you. Get it together, man.

Did I? Or did you infer that?

Parnassus - It must really be tough to be right all the time lol. That's "War and Peace" you've read between those lines. Yes, it seems that she hit a wall, but maybe it's not as catstrophic to her case as you make it out to be. Perhaps is has not been completely rejected but she has been invited to revise and resubmit?

I don't see that in what she wrote. I could be mistaken. For example, the other day I bought too much Halloween candy. Live and learn.

Edited by parnassus

Guest parnassus

OK

OK

(Actually my pre-edit version was snarkier)

No, you really did that, but glad you asked.

LOL

OK

OK

(Actually my pre-edit version was snarkier)

BobbyO at the BFF posts this as a communication he received from Melba Ketchum:

Quote:

Ok, for the sake of time ( and I hope all of you understand), I will answer everyone publicly here. I keep getting a lot of emails from everyone wanting to know the status of the project. Though I cannot give details or timing, I will assure everyone that all is well and we are continuing to move forward. Good science cannot be forced or quickly completed. If it is not extremely thorough, then it will all be for naught and any paper rejected outright. So, I ask you to be patient and understanding and realize that extreme scientific overkill is required in order to convince a world full of skeptical scientists. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". This is what we are doing. When we started this, I thought we would be finished in a few weeks, but instead as Sasquatch are known to do, they threw us curve balls even with their DNA which can be as elusive as they are. Thank goodness we are past that! As a result, we have assembled a renowned team, each of us with our own specialties to make this project "extraordinary". If everyone will hang in there, I promise it will be worth the wait. We have the proof, now just give us the opportunity to present it in a form that will even convince skeptics. Thanks so much for all of your emails and support. Best wishes to all.

Translation:

I figured I better throw you a bone before I start getting more complaints in my BBB file.

I had to throw up my hands. It looked good in the beginning when Stubstad explained it to me but now it looks like he doesn't know a haplotype from a hole in the ground. It's very confusing. I haven't been able to put it all together into a paper that doesn't depend on one or two anecdotal reports ("Doc, I swear this came from a 9 foot hairy monster!"). I sent all my results to someone who knows a lot more about primate and population genetics than I (and Stubstad) do (AKA a derned skeptic), and they will get back to me on what it all means. Until then I'm at a standstill.

ps Nature-schmature...Paulides and I had fun in gay Paree on the money you sent in. Speaking as a vet, THE MAN IS A REAL "ANIMAL!" Thanks SOOO much! Beats the heck out of church camp in Oklahoma.