The Ketchum Report

I'm still wondering why none of this has made its way into the main-stream media. I remember that years ago Newsweek had a paragraph on the new underwater photos allegedly showing Nessie and several months later there was a press conference releasing the pictures.

My guess is that the media must be sought out first. On the other hand, maybe the articles and interviews have already been researched and ready for pub. when the paper has been published, especially by writers and outlets sympathetic to Bigfoot lore.

Mr. southernyahoo, any media types snooping around your front door? Any rumors of media interest?

Jerry, I'm guessing there has been some degree of effort to keep the media out of the know for the time being. Any self respecting DNA scientist is gonna wanna make darn sure they have something before blowing the whistle; otherwise, they could end up being just another charismatic public fool. I don't blame her there, as much as I would love to know what's up with the "evidence".

so wait, people still believe this report is coming out? That it's going to state something other than completely human DNA?

No one in the media is going to get all excited at this point. The GA Boys pretty much put the kibosh on media interest in "serious" BF reporting.

Ketchum is going to have an uphill battle getting it in front of reporters if/when published.

Guest BFSleuth

Actually, there have been mentions in the press about this:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/03/bigfoot-sasquatch-tv-movies-commercials.html

"Even some scientists are getting involved and are conducting DNA testing of purported Bigfoot hair and tissue samples. The results of this long-gestating and highly controversial study are in peer review now, according to its Texas-based authors, on the way to possible publication in a scholarly journal."

I've also seen a blog or two and some off off news articles that also mention DNA testing, but not as specifically as this particular article. As noted earlier in this thread, the normal procedure for a major study will be for the news embargo to be lifted the day of the publication with some journalists given advanced copies of the study to prepare their articles.

so wait, people still believe this report is coming out? That it's going to state something other than completely human DNA?

Yes, barlow, there are people that haven't seen fit to trash the reputations of the scientists involved.

BFF Patron

That post of the latimesblog was worth the link to the Skittles commercial for sure --hadn't seen that one (now I know about the little Sasquatch).....

The Hyundai commercial in Canada for the Superbowl was pretty good also.... reminded me about how good it was.

New Stride whitemint not too shabby for an albino Yeti either.

Guest Cervelo

No one in the media is going to get all excited at this point. The GA Boys pretty much put the kibosh on media interest in "serious" BF reporting.

Ketchum is going to have an uphill battle getting it in front of reporters if/when published.

If the science is good and the PR person has a clue it should be a slam dunk! ;)

Mr. southernyahoo, any media types snooping around your front door? Any rumors of media interest?

I haven't noticed any news vans on my street, but I suspect they don't have my name. There is a way to check IPs that hit our website though, and some are assigned to universities and the like.. :)

While the media would undoubtedly cover the release, it's really not my thing, just looking for some resolution.

Guest gershake

http://www.facebook....359075637446173

"People keep complaining that I have a public FB page and answer some questions about the project. They criticize me mercilessly, calling me a variety of adjectives and claiming I am only a veterinarian, not a scientist. It is a no-win situation for me. On one hand I have literally hundreds of people clamoring for information and on the other, I have people saying how unprofessional it is for me to have a public FB and even mention my research in public prior to publication. If it hadn't been for people leaking results early in the study and stirring up people with an interest in BF, I would have pulled this off without anyone knowing until it came out, which is how it was supposed to have been. But, since it is already out there, I am making an attempt to give people as much information as I dare as it seems the majority would rather have a little info than none. You can please some of the people, some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time so I am trying to keep most of you happy."

Edited by gershake

Guest Cervelo

^^^^^

Mulder help me out isn't this one your special pleading for intullectually dishonesty wrapped in some sort of straw man thingy capped off with a side order of fallacy du jour?

Edited by Cervelo

Hahaha, sure people may be complaining about her FB page but not too much complaining ON her FB page. Selective access to the 100% non critical crowd will do that.