The Ketchum Report

Guest BFSleuth

Am i missing something, has she ever said that it was coming out on a Thursday then Hoosierfoot ?

Thursday 2:00 PM Eastern Time is when embargo lifts for some of the key journals we are watching.

SSR Team

Edit : To avoid confusion.

Thanks Gershake for the link.

Edited by BobbyO

As much as I hate speculating on all of this I think the May 5th date of the conference is pretty key. if she skips out on attending (especially after doing so in Honobia) it isn't going to look good. If the report is coming out I would expect things to be ramping up to a fever pitch pretty soon. I can't imagine what she would have to say at the conference if the paper isn't out by then.

Guest Particle Noun

I don't think this is "it"...read the keywords associated with it...

No, that was decidedly not the paper. In fact, I'm willing to bet that site doesn't even report on the journal it will be released in, so may not be worth watching.

The article we were watching for turned out to be this:

=3&search[sort]=date+desc&search[channel_id]=106"]Long-Held Genetic Theory Doesn’t Quite Make the Grade, Biologists Find

NYU biologists have discovered new mechanisms that control how proteins are expressed in different regions of embryos, while also shedding additional insight into how physical traits are arranged in body plans. Their findings call for reconsideration of a decades-old biological theory.

But Sally has been adamant that we should be looking for a 2PM EST release time, and that one was Noon, so that right there made me doubt it would be the one.

Edited by Particle Noun

Jerry, "Ok, I have read you opinions. My not responding in kind is not indicitive of whether i agree with or oppose any of your stated views."

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove comments regarding prior deleted content

OK, folks...

Please keep the comments in this thread about The Ketchum Report.

There have been several deletions because the posts were not discussing the thread's subject, but other members.

Reminder - Dr. Ketchum is a member here. Derogatory comments directed at her personally will not be tolerated!

The next edits or deletions I make will result in punitive action.

Check for a PM, Hoosierfoot. It'll be there directly.

Yes, you may discuss the report, lack thereof, Facebook comments, etc. You're also free to speculate on the results. However, comments like someone "playing someone like a fiddle" is another way of calling someone a fraud or of being deceptive in order to fool everyone. This will not be tolerated.

The warning has been placed and there will be no others. Post accordingly or you will be dealt with.

Guest BFSleuth

Thank you for posting that again. I thought it interesting her comment:

"The NDA was required by this project because of the involvement of many people who have no experience with the research and peer-review process. You don't have to tell a scientist that they can't talk about research they plan to publish. However, when a project involves lay people, an NDA ensures the journals' expectations of confidentiality. Contrary to rumor, Melba's NDA only gives her the rights to the results of her work - the samples still belong to the original submitters, who will all be ultimately recognized."

Based on Parn's previous explanation regarding the embargo itself, which seems to be regarding the relationship between the journal and journalists, then it seems the NDA's are what may be driving the lack of prepublication disclosures of information.