The Ketchum Report

SSR Team

2 Minutes ago..

Melba Ketchum

I really appreciate everyone's very kind words, support and well wishes. I know everyone will be as glad as I am when we are finished with phase I. Of course, the continued research will go on for years but not under such pressure.

What would be the DNA results if I took some of my blood, and mixed it with blood from a chimp or gorilla or any ape? Put it in a test tube, shake it up and mix it, and submit to Melba. What would that be for a result? I know very little about how the testing works.

I often wonder that myself, can anyone enlighten us on the subject

Guest LissingMinx

Since they can take mixed multiple human samples and ID the individuals that contributed, I would think a mixed species sample, if not too degraded, would easily be IDed as human and gorilla/chimp contributors. It would NOT present as an individual with mixed genes.

Think forensics.

Since they can take mixed multiple human samples and ID the individuals that contributed, I would think a mixed species sample, if not too degraded, would easily be IDed as human and gorilla/chimp contributors. It would NOT present as an individual with mixed genes.

Think forensics.

BFF Patron

Phase one is prob. dna science, phases two plus will probably be phenotypic descriptions, morphology of hair/tissue, behavioral attributes, voice analysis of sound file captures, etc etc the sky is the limit. A five part paper would not surprise me: Roman Numeral I on-deck hopefully.

could phase one be identifying/ confirming the presence of an alternate humanoid and phase two etc. would be defining habitat and characteristics?

Tim B.

Guest Thepattywagon

Would defining habitat and characteristics fall within Dr Ketchum's purview?

If not, seeing as her area of expertise is DNA testing, would her services be required for anything further than the DNA study?

I think they referred to a second stage before that would involve testing teeth, bones and other material that didn't come from living specimens. I believe the only exception would be General's sample which has been included in the first stage of testing.

I am just speculating here, but I think if there is a phase two it will still be about the DNA. Phase one might just be about one part of it, the proof part, which will pave the way for the rest of it, which is likely to be about how it ties in with it's closest relatives.

I am just speculating here, but I think if there is a phase two it will still be about the DNA. Phase one might just be about one part of it, the proof part, which will pave the way for the rest of it, which is likely to be about how it ties in with it's closest relatives.

I would suppose some folks are watching how the participants in this first go around are treated after disclosure, before they decide if they want to participate in future efforts.

Guest parnassus

Oh no......I feel an impending shadow of dread lurking on the horizon.

Baton down the hatches....I fear a Parnassicane is about to strike us forthwith. unsure.gif

I can feel it...I can feel it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUhofAajHDA&feature=related

you are seriously tuned in to me. LOL

I started a post but s-canned it. I can't even guess what the heck she is talking about and my post would have just been something that I thought was funny but no one else would. Something like: "That's what the Challenger engineers said."

You just had to egg me on....