The Ketchum Report

Guest BFSleuth

.... if we believe every anonymous post we read, yeah we can get ready for a let down.... ;)

Guest OntarioSquatch

LOL looked convincing to me. June is right around the corner though. Doesn't matter much at this point.

Guest BFSleuth

True that Godot reference. Reading this thread reminds me of why I don't take long road trips with kids anymore...

Reading this thread makes me realize how much people want to believe....and how much money there is to be made. I think I will write a book about the sierra kills....nevermind mike green beat me to it.

BFF Patron

Sounds like something LTPE would "throw up", especially the part about Robert Lindsay sketches..... why would someone anonymously hock up this stuff at this late date? More melodrama?

Where does this come from Ontariosquatch?

Better question SY (for you btw) is, "How close does this post hit home?"...... :P

Someone who is in a position to know about certain details and feels that they should be part of the inner circle, but isn't?

BFF Patron

The longtabbingest distractor in the history of the BFF 1.0... :music:

Guest gerrykleier

Posted by anonymous:

"I just spoke with my contact regarding the paper submitted by Dr. Melba Ketchum and the time has come for this information to be released. First off the paper has a publish date of June 6, 2012- mind you there may be a delay regarding printing the actual hard copies of the journal but this puts the release date at no later than June 11.

Having read most of the drafts I can say with 100% certainty that there has been a campaign of disinformation regarding the paper. A person claiming to represent Dr. Ketchum and company often posts here. She does not bring the truth but only thinks she does as the biggest worry of Dr. Ketchum is that non-believers will anticipate the findings and have arguments tailored to refute her findings at the time of publication. It is very important that there is no opportunity for her to look like a fool, so the paper may make the rounds through the scientific community, without any preconceived notions. The person posting here and on other forums is a research assistant at the same lab but assigned to a different project. Her superiors call her “self-important†and they have used this trait as the basis for the disinformation campaign.

I can tell you all this. Part of the delay regarding the peer review process has dealt with the integrity of the samples that were tested and how they were collected. For example the Yeti hair purportedly found by Josh Gates has been dismissed and any mention of it removed from the paper. The reason for this being the fact it was discovered in a manner consistent with providing entertainment and not scientific study and research. In addition, a complete step by step depiction of the Sierra Kills incident has been included in the paper. This revision took a great deal of time as the events of that day had to be verified as best they could in order to ensure the integrity of the sample. Any and all illustrations or drawings have been removed- hence the release of sketches through Robert Lindsey (whose writings are mentioned with him be credited in a foot note related to his research on the Sierra Kills incident). The reason being that sketches from memory may have been influenced by fear, excitement and any other number of emotions and a false recollection depicted in a drawing could undermine the entire paper.

The question the paper attempts to answer is “does Bigfoot or Sasquatch exist� It does so by showing dna evidence of an unknown primate. The process of elimination and supporting evidence allows the conclusion to be drawn that this unknown primate is in fact Bigfoot. However there exists no proof that Bigfoot or Sasquatch represents the only undiscovered primate. Right now a revision regarding “Flores Man†is the final holdup."

Do any Journals have a publication date that coincides with the 6th or the 12th?

GK

Guest spurfoot

I don't have any confidence whatsoever that the person posting about a 6th June release actually knows anything. It sounds like a hoax. A date in early June does make sense though.

Sounds like something LTPE would "throw up", especially the part about Robert Lindsay sketches..... why would someone anonymously hock up this stuff at this late date? More melodrama?

Better question SY (for you btw) is, "How close does this post hit home?"...... :P

Well I haven't been a part of any disinformation campaign. It does have an air to it similar to LTPE or Lindsay. There was a poster here that might fit who anonymous describes, but it would be speculation on my part to name them. I don't know of any publication date.

Guest OntarioSquatch

edit: I have June 6 and 11 marked just in case anonymous is correct

Edited by OntarioSquatch