The Ketchum Report

^*drum sting* That was Particle Noun! He'll be here all week folks! Two entirely different shows at 7 and 9! Thanks for coming, and don't forget to tip your waiter!

Guest Particle Noun

Thought we could use a little humor, emphasis on little.

Edited by Particle Noun

I cannot believe you actually said the above...

That's OK, you don't believe much of what I say, anyhow.

Of course her reputation would suffer. Hoax one result and no result from that day forward is free of taint, and it can cast doubt on previous results. The reasoning being that if a person has been shown to hoax once, there is every possibility that they have hoaxed before, and simply not been caught.

Maybe to a bigfooter. But if I am getting my dog's or cow's DNA checked, why would I care what she does to a bunch of goofy folks that believe in bigfoot, anyway?

Reputation is everything in business.

So, she isn't worried about her reputation with her "regular" customers, when they find out the she is really into bigfoot?

And for your last line, that says more about your thought process than it does about Dr Ketchum. No legitimate scientist is afraid to give an issue of science a fair and objective hearing.

First off, you don't know Dr. Ketchum's thought process any better than mine, so once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Not everyone is as enthused with Dr. Ketchum's bigfoot DNA work, like you are. My point was (and you know what my point was ;) ) she could run the risk of loosing some of her mainstream DNA business if any of her clients thought she was off her rocker, doing bigfoot DNA analysis.

I think its time to call a digging implement a shovel.

Just a little fun from one of my all time favs,

Guest Peter O.
  • After sufficient time, either gradually stop talking to the public, or claim that the journals will not publish your paper because of bias against bigfoot, but that you still want to protect them. Move forward with "protection" group (money).

Ah, the ol' protection racket. ;-)

Guest Thepattywagon

I just wanted to have a post on page 200. :)

All I know is that if I had BF running around on my property, and had viewed a group of them, I'd put the "Gone Fishin'" sign on my DNA lab door and spend every waking moment in an attempt to get some HD video of one or hopefully all of them.

But that's just me. Other than that, I don't have a clue as to her reasons for any of her actions. I just hope she does get published.

Guest BFSleuth

Frankly, I would be worried about loosing my mainstream DNA testing business if my customers found out I was in the bigfoot DNA testing business. ;)

I had to laugh when I read this last line of your post.

Have you tried Googling "melba ketchum" lately?...

...you can't even finish spelling "melba k...e....t..." before suggested "Melba Ketchum bigfoot dna" pops up as the third option, along with several other bigfoot related search suggestions.

I don't think that at this point it would be possible to separate herself from bigfoot DNA study...

My opinion on the fb page going away was in reaction to Oxford news. It's no coincidence that once that news broke, posts on the page slowed to a halt then disappeared. I mentioned in that thread on day 1 that it is full on panic mode in Texas now.

I have a few questions in my mind:

1- has anyone seen or know any new developments on Erickson footage? Is he still active in the bigfoot scene? RL had rumors a while back, but he has gone cold as ice on leaks.

2-I know some submitters to the project are members here and signed a NDA. Do you get updates about the project and it's progress? If so, who does the info come from? Was there any sort of "out" for you in the NDA so you could be free to discuss if the project was not out within a time frame? Did you get any of your sample back? Feel free to inform if possible.

3- on C2C when Ketchum and Paulides originally asked for samples, she did defer some questions to Paulides. Read his blog and site and he requests questions about the project come to him because she "is too busy working on the project to take time to answer". Is he the #1 man in charge like I have stated? Does he determine where and how it all goes down? I think he is the "boss" in this.

I think some of us here need to realize, Ketchum didn't just have an epiphany one day and set out to prove bigfoot.

Not that it matters or anyone cares...

But as of now I have made a personal resolution. I will no longer click on this thread, let alone post in it, until some news actually breaks.