The Ketchum Report

Guest BFSleuth

My opinion on the fb page going away was in reaction to Oxford news. It's no coincidence that once that news broke, posts on the page slowed to a halt then disappeared. I mentioned in that thread on day 1 that it is full on panic mode in Texas now.

Did you actually see a reduction in the number of posts on her official FB page? Were you counting the posts, and if so could you provide the count rate before and after the Oxford news broke? How long were you counting the posts on the FB page?

While you did indeed mention that "it is full panic mode in Texas now" do you actually have information about said panic and what data or interviews have you done to ascertain that fact?

It sounds to me like you've woven speculation into some kind of sieve pretending to be a bucket.

Guest Darrell

My opinion on the fb page going away was in reaction to Oxford news. It's no coincidence that once that news broke, posts on the page slowed to a halt then disappeared. I mentioned in that thread on day 1 that it is full on panic mode in Texas now.

Can one speculate that when another study, that may be better fincanced and led, put a dog in the fight that Ketchum decided to tap out and avoid negative academic scrutiny of her report?

Does anyone know if Robert Lindsay's impending "Earth-shattering" Bigfoot article (that apparently will "rock the Bigfoot world to it's very foundation") have anything to do with the Ketchum Report?

Hoosier - you bring up good questions about NDA's.

I have a question for the NDA'ers....when do they expire?

Of course it's speculation and guessing. Just like every other commenter on here! Only difference is unlike some members, I have no problem admitting it. But, I will say I think my 100% speculation is spot on this topic.

I would point out though, the fb page has the date on each post. Also she would post on twitter as well, which I where I would see each post. I can count posts. Zero is less than before. Twitter is still up if you would like to see and count firsthand?

Guest MikeG
I have a question for the NDA'ers....when do they expire?

Speaking in general terms about NDAs, (and not these particular examples, of which I know absolutely nothing), they don't necessarily EVER expire. The NDAs that I have had people sign bound them to secrecy until I gave permission for them to go public. Some of them will remain in place in-perpetuity.

Mike

I was told by someone I trust to know the truth that the revisions asked for are completed and the paper has been handed back in to the journal. Now we wait for publication.

That is neither speculation or guessing. If the source of my information doesn't know what's going on, no one does. My inquiries as to how long after final submission to publication have returned suggestions of a couple weeks to several monthes.

I appreciate what Sally has done for gratis, but I hope a PR organization with some expertise in the the field comes in at this point.

Edited by indiefoot

Indie - What add'l work would Melba have to do regarding the paper if it's at the journal?

Or perhaps her focus is on the protection end at this point, trying to get that ship ready to launch when the paper is published.....

Hmmm....

Guest Darrell

Speaking in general terms about NDAs, (and not these particular examples, of which I know absolutely nothing), they don't necessarily EVER expire. The NDAs that I have had people sign bound them to secrecy until I gave permission for them to go public. Some of them will remain in place in-perpetuity.

Mike

The NDA I signed before they let me come home from Iraq in 2009 was good for 99 years. The one I did with Blackwater in 2007 was good for 50 years.

Guest Tontar

I wonder if at some point the Ketchum report will just become irrelevant in the shadow of the Oxford study. Interest will grow for the Oxford study, and media attention will swing that direction. People will start discussing it more and more, the dates have been specified so there is a solid timeline to follow. Feelings about the Erickson video is mixed, there's been commentary suggesting it is fake, and so if Ketchum does nothing for a while, goes underground, silent, attention will migrate over to Sykes/Oxford, and Ketchum might be able to quietly slip away in the night, folding up in the end due to some unforeseen conflicts. Face saved as much as possible, and life goes on.

Guest BFSleuth

Can one speculate that when another study, that may be better fincanced and led, put a dog in the fight that Ketchum decided to tap out and avoid negative academic scrutiny of her report?

Of course it's speculation and guessing. Just like every other commenter on here! Only difference is unlike some members, I have no problem admitting it. But, I will say I think my 100% speculation is spot on this topic.

I would point out though, the fb page has the date on each post. Also she would post on twitter as well, which I where I would see each post. I can count posts. Zero is less than before. Twitter is still up if you would like to see and count firsthand?

Absolutely one can speculate. That's the nature of forum discussion.

Personally I prefer speculation that is based on some kind of evidence, something like "based on X and Y I come to the possible conclusion of Y". Thus far when reading anything that Dr. Ketchum has actually posted on FB, or her post on this forum, there has been no mention of anything that could be interpreted as "tapping out" in light of the Oxford study. Instead, when I read what she has said it seems that the report is finished and waiting for a publication date.

If I wanted to speculate further on another tack from your posts, I would say that the world of DNA analysts is a small one. It would be likely that Dr. Sykes et al may have been involved with peer review of the Ketchum report or at least they would have been aware of the report through the blogosphere. It may have been that Dr. Ketchum and Dr. Sykes have been in direct communication. If any of the above speculation is true then it would be reasonable to think that part of the motivation for Dr. Sykes et al to initiate their efforts was based on the work of Dr. Ketchum.

As for the speculation that Dr. Ketchum et al would be in "panic mode", if I were in their shoes I would be delighted to have the Oxford study underway. It would be a good thing to have another high profile scientist take up the same work I am doing and would help replicate my work and only add greater credibility to my efforts.

As for speculation on the reasons for taking down the "official" FB page it may simply be in preparation for launching their web site and recognition that there hasn't been much to be gained by keeping it and it is a duplication of effort from her personal FB page. The posts from Dr. Ketchum on both the personal and official pages have been nearly the same, so it would be reasonable to think that it was simply dividing the message stream between two pages and it would be better to consolidate it into one page for the time being.

Does anyone know if Robert Lindsay's impending "Earth-shattering" Bigfoot article (that apparently will "rock the Bigfoot world to it's very foundation") have anything to do with the Ketchum Report?

If you visit the site...get what you can from the comments.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove an unapproved link

Guest BFSleuth

Sounds like Lindsay's tease about a possible upcoming article if he can find a way to ethically publish...

... he noted this in the comments:

"I can’t say right now what it will be about, but you should find it interesting. I think believers will find it interesting for sure. It is sure to stir up a wild hornet’s nest of debate on the Net."

Guest OntarioSquatch

"This Bigfoot post will rock the Bigfoot world to its very foundations"

^This should be interesting

Sounds like Lindsay's tease about a possible upcoming article if he can find a way to ethically publish...

... he noted this in the comments:

"I can’t say right now what it will be about, but you should find it interesting. I think believers will find it interesting for sure. It is sure to stir up a wild hornet’s nest of debate on the Net."

I didn't think that was ever a problem for him. He seems to publish what he wants. NOT saying he is unethical....!