The Ketchum Report

Guest Tontar

Doesn't sound like it is about the Ketchum project. So I wonder what could possibly shake the bigfoot world to its very core? I wonder if he's late to the gate with the Biscardi video trailer.

I really hope RL is not about to publish video of a group torturing Bigfoot.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove political content

BFF Patron

Waterboarding?

I am reminded after seeing the 'steak' photo that the recovery of lice from the hide might yield good data since they are bound to their host and might give an accurate date for LCA, if in fact all the mtDNA is contaminated by recent human maternal lines. I just hope Melba, et al had the wisdom to look into this.

I am reminded after seeing the 'steak' photo that the recovery of lice from the hide might yield good data since they are bound to their host and might give an accurate date for LCA, if in fact all the mtDNA is contaminated by recent human maternal lines. I just hope Melba, et al had the wisdom to look into this.

I am hoping this as well, could be interesting!!!!

Guest BFSleuth

The picture of the "steak" was interesting. Of note was his comments about the takedown of the FB page, probably to reduce the hassle of dealing with "imposters and trolls" rather than having anything to do with impact on her paper. Then this:

"When will the study publish? No one seems to know. Ketchum recently said it will be out within the year. It is indeed at a journal, and that journal is a major journal, a huge journal. The journal has a big reputation to uphold, and they have a lot at stake in publishing such a wild article as this. In other words, if the science is bad, it could make the journal look pretty bad. So the reviewers want the article to be as perfect as possible so it will nothing will come back to haunt them later. They are always asking for more changes, even little changes. They have sent back requests for rewrites of as few as a 2-3 paragraphs or as little as a single paragraph. Ketchum recently had to do another small rewrite."

This might explain why Dr. Ketchum indicated that she thought she was close to publication but had a few "false alarms", or more likely high expectations only to have a minor rewrite request.

BFF Patron

Bill Dranginis was on-to this circumstance of particular lice being found on putative Bigfoot hair long ago. If Ketchum misses the boat on eggs/nits or lice; and, they were present on evidence provided her (Smeja or others) then shame on her because a precedent had been set. Hopefully all would not be lost though as the care and packaging and icing of the samples preserved whatever was there. Microscopic study of hair morphology would have been one of those things screened for in advance and they should have been picked up if present. Problem being there was a long time between shooting and recovery (if the chronology as provided is accurate).

Edited to add: science is science, journals are just that.... journals; if a journal needs Ketchum for a reputation, we are all in deep trouble.... no disrespect to Melba implied.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest OntarioSquatch

Will SnowWalkerPrime have crow to eat?

Will we have crow to eat?

I think I can smell the crow.

Guest slimwitless

Faulty memory? (Although it is consistent with Justin's early description and comments that the adult and child were very different). Artistic license (look at the name of the jpeg - how many iterations are there)? Juvenile-specific trait? Mother's nose? Recessive gene that skips a generation? Varying degrees of hybridization?

No idea, really.

Edited by slimwitless