The Ketchum Report

A possible conclusion based on the content of this 200+ page thread is that Dr. Ketchum's report will have modern human DNA that will be augmented by sighting reports and other information to argue for a feral human identity for Bigfoot or a near modern human explanation behind Bigfoot phenomena. The modern human DNA will either be identifiied by Dr. Ketchum and her co-authors, or identified as such by later critiques of the report by interested scientists.

Edited by BFSleuth
Rule 3A violation

Guest Check
There was the dashcam video from the Carolinas. Too inconclusive for the public to take seriously, though.

Do you have a link to that footage? I'd be interested in having a look if you do. Thanks.

A possible conclusion based on the content of this 200+ page thread is that Dr. Ketchum's report will have modern human DNA that will be augmented by sighting reports and other information to argue for a feral human identity for Bigfoot or a near modern human explanation behind Bigfoot phenomena. The modern human DNA will either be identifiied by Dr. Ketchum and her co-authors, or identified as such by later critiques of the report by interested scientists.

Another would be that there is proof of bigfoot in the DNA.

BFF Patron

It was the feature piece for one of the Finding Bigfoot episodes. A google search would probably turn it up.

It's the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Deputy---Georgia--- video with citizen ride-along to which you refer, I'd link but I'm off topic as I am.

OK. I've had the knowledge dropped on me earlier in this thread. So there is a conspiracy which exists to keep an American primate secret. How does it work? How can Dr. Ketchum, Jimmy Chilcutt, Jeff Meldrum, the BFRO, FB/FB, Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet and the Bigfoot Forums be allowed to operate utterly unmolested?

There are a three major possible answers to that, and I make no claims as to which might be the case in the event the conspiracy is real:

Possibility 1: The individuals, groups, etc that you mention are legitimate , but to date have been ineffective at changing public opinion. The PTB (powers that be) are content to allow them to continue to operate so long as that remains the case. The purpose would be to make people ask the very question you did: "How can there be a conspiracy if it's being openly talked about by [insert list]?"

Should anyone start making serious inroads towards changing the status quo, the PTB have multiple options for dealing with that potentiality with varying degrees of subtlety, ranging from arranging for the work to be discredited by the perceived referees of truth (journals, institutions, etc), to a quiet visit to the persons, groups, etc to "make them an offer they can't refuse" in order to silence them, to truly brute force tactics up to and including "eliminating" the problem entity as a consideration by destroying their reputation or in some cases literally.

Possibility 2: None of the entities are legitimate, and are all part of a carefully crafted disinformation campaign to give the appearance of openness on the issue while strictly controlling any real progress or information disclosure.

Possibility 3: A mix of the above.

Guest Darrell

^ IMO, maybe there is nothing there and the conspiricy theories and paranormal conjecture is the only way some in the phenomena can explain why one cant be found. And if our government is good enough to keep a lid on them there are dozens of governments that cant so why nothing from any of those?

Another would be that there is proof of bigfoot in the DNA.

Im open to that. Unfortunately any evidence to support that is, at least to this point, not forthcomming and IMO does not exist. Maybe if the report is ever published.

Edited by Darrell

^You're assuming (as usual) that one HASN'T been found. Plenty of reports of finding them, just not one brought back or put on unequivocal public status (yet).

Listening to Paulides on C2C right now. He is pushing his book again. It's painful to listen, he just rambles and talks in circles with no conclusions. Now, I understand why this "Ketchum Project" is being handled like it is.

What evidence is there of a government conspiracy regarding bigfoot, in either Canada or the US? What levels/departments of government are supposedly involved? Has anyone initiated a freedom of information request on bigfoot? If so, what could be gleaned from the censored papers that were returned?

RayG

OK. I've had the knowledge dropped on me earlier in this thread. So there is a conspiracy which exists to keep an American primate secret. How does it work? How can Dr. Ketchum, Jimmy Chilcutt, Jeff Meldrum, the BFRO, FB/FB, Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet and the Bigfoot Forums be allowed to operate utterly unmolested?

I tend to agree with Mulder's reply to this question. Very little has been actually revealed through these, or any other public sources, to be honest I'm sick of watching Finding BF cuz nothing is ever discovered except new reports of sightings along with the associated faces and scenery. If some conspiracy exists, the perps would be ok with these entities because they maul over the same crap and the yawning public tends to think maybe that's all there is to see--convenient! Don't forget, too, anything on TV is edited and we'll never know what all has been discovered then "censored"....and as far as the BF Forums, we're just a bunch of squatch enthusiasts/junkies hashing out our opinions; often quoting "sources" that support our thoughts. Nothing conclusive enough to harm a conspiracy.... of course, religion and politics are taboo; go figure.....

FYI- Tontar- Kitakaze and myself are part of a government conspiracy. However, it is not the CIA, it is the NSA which cuts our checks. Neil Burgstahler blew our cover a few years ago.

Edited by Drew

What evidence is there of a government conspiracy regarding bigfoot, in either Canada or the US? What levels/departments of government are supposedly involved? Has anyone initiated a freedom of information request on bigfoot? If so, what could be gleaned from the censored papers that were returned?

RayG

As with most conspiracies involving the government, the evidence is primarily anecdotal, and far from presumptive.

The difficulty is that information control is so one-sided, with the government able to tell everything, nothing, or something in between and we the people having to take on faith that we are not being lied to.

That the government engages in conspiracies is obvious and indisputable. It's part of their job description in many cases. That the government engages in a conspiracy in relation to bigfoot is highly possible, but ATM not definitively provable.

I tend to agree with Mulder's reply to this question. Very little has been actually revealed through these, or any other public sources, to be honest I'm sick of watching Finding BF cuz nothing is ever discovered except new reports of sightings along with the associated faces and scenery. If some conspiracy exists, the perps would be ok with these entities because they maul over the same crap and the yawning public tends to think maybe that's all there is to see--convenient! Don't forget, too, anything on TV is edited and we'll never know what all has been discovered then "censored"....and as far as the BF Forums, we're just a bunch of squatch enthusiasts/junkies hashing out our opinions; often quoting "sources" that support our thoughts. Nothing conclusive enough to harm a conspiracy.... of course, religion and politics are taboo; go figure.....

Arron, let me be clear, I am not accusing this forum, Dr Meldrum, et al of being part of a gov't led/operated conspiracy. I said that it was possible that some or all of them were. The same result you talk about is just as possible from earnest, decent people struggling with too little conclusive data and too many misconceptions on the part of the public.

FYI- Tontar- Kitakaze and myself are part of a government conspiracy. However, it is not the CIA, it is the NSA which cuts our checks. Neil Burgstahler blew our cover a few years ago.

Care to jump in with something actually constructive to the conversation?

Care to jump in with something actually constructive to the conversation?

You just listed 3 possible government conspiracy possibilities, I responded with an actual accusation that was leveled at myself and Kitakaze by Neil Burgstahler, I would maintain that my factual representation of the NB accusation is more constructive to this forum than your wild theory.

There are a three major possible answers to that, and I make no claims as to which might be the case in the event the conspiracy is real:

Possibility 1: The individuals, groups, etc that you mention are legitimate , but to date have been ineffective at changing public opinion. The PTB (powers that be) are content to allow them to continue to operate so long as that remains the case. The purpose would be to make people ask the very question you did: "How can there be a conspiracy if it's being openly talked about by [insert list]?"

Should anyone start making serious inroads towards changing the status quo, the PTB have multiple options for dealing with that potentiality with varying degrees of subtlety, ranging from arranging for the work to be discredited by the perceived referees of truth (journals, institutions, etc), to a quiet visit to the persons, groups, etc to "make them an offer they can't refuse" in order to silence them, to truly brute force tactics up to and including "eliminating" the problem entity as a consideration by destroying their reputation or in some cases literally.

Possibility 2: None of the entities are legitimate, and are all part of a carefully crafted disinformation campaign to give the appearance of openness on the issue while strictly controlling any real progress or information disclosure.

Possibility 3: A mix of the above.

Really? your telling me to add something constructive? really?

Edited by Drew