The Ketchum Report

Here are some other Melba FB excerpts from my own collection:

I am glad I didn't see them until after most of the data was in. I needed to prove

it scientifically to myself first as a former skeptic before hitting the field

and actually observing them. I had no fear, the ones I encountered were

peaceful and gentle. I keep going back. I know why so many people love doing

this now.I saw one silhouetted between me and a white gooseneck trailer in

bright moonlight at about twenty-five yards. It was about ten feet tall as it walked

by. I was awed at the appearance, so graceful and silent and so tall. You cannot

appreciate all that they are until you see for yourself. I hope that when our

data is out, it will afford protection for our hairy friends. They do not deserve

to be hunted or captured. Everyone needs to step back and take a Jane Goodall

approach.

Edited by Christopher Noel

Guest BFSleuth

Frankly, I've been following this fairly closely and unless severely mistaken, I am unaware of any such claims of video or photographic evidence coming from her/Dr K's *lease*.

I think there is video and photographic evidence included in the report but as I understand it this is provided by a secondary source and is an additional add-on/corroborative evidence to her study.

Several pages back there were numerous posts talking about it and why she refused to post the pics and videos. There were even people questioning her fortunate find on a piece of property that she leases. Before her FB was shut down, she said posting the pics and video wouldn't do any good as the people would pick it apart and not believe it anyway so she is just not going to post it.

Here are some comments from Dr. Ketchum about her having video evidence (of course the links don't work anymore since she deleted her facebook page):Dr. Melba Ketchum

I didn't say that I didn't have pictures either. I just don't take a camera when I want to interact with them. I do have good video that I will show at a later time....after the paper publishes.

I believe HRP nailed this one.

Nalajr, notice in the quote posted by Didi that is boldfaced that it doesn't say she took the video. It says, "I don't take a camera when I want to interact with them."

Along with DNA some submitters also included video and/or photographic evidence.

I'm not taking anyone's word on anything. I am merely relying on what he SAID to the PRESS when the study was announced. They said the results would be made available to the public. In one single press conference they have released more information than this study has in 3 years, I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt on their word for 6 months, NOT 3 YEARS without a shred of concurring evidence to suggest ANYTHING is actually going "as planned."

I can totally understand that bringing up these VALID questions makes a lot of you uncomfortable, if it makes you feel better to attack me or anyone else raising the same questions, that's OK. That won't make the questions stop though.

Nalajr

I will give you all one thing, you can sure come up with a different excuse for every single day of the year and on a moments notice too. I shake my head wondering even if you all are believing the stuff you post.

So now the study is so earth shatteringly unique and controversial and has such a high number of skeptics that EVERYONE involved has to be SUPER-T-DUPER secret and tight lipped. Is that the new one now?

I wonder if there is someone at this "journal" that gets every submission on their desk and then declares a "CODE FORCE RED 43 PROTOCOL" when a really controversial paper WITH proof comes in? And then a Journal-Wide email blast goes out to ALL employees mandating a total LOCK DOWN on ALL info and comments about said study and a Special Journal Secrecy AIDE is dispatched to the author(s) and Peer Reviewers to shadow them 24 hours a day until the study is published making sure that CODE FORCE RED 43 PROTOCOLS are NOT breached in ANY WAY and if there is a leak to implement the Special Security Addendum Part C to get it quieted down as fast as possible. Man I'd like to have that job.......

Nalajr

Nothing of substance will ever come of the Ketchum Report!

I would love to see her videos and photos of the Sassy's she captured on her lease. I think that would go a long way to placating a lot of the nay sayers and those that are getting on her. If she posted photos and videos that were really good, as good or better than PG, many people would take note of it and be willing to give her a lot more time without being critical of it. Will it silence everyone, no. It would help her out a great deal though. I don't know why she said she had that data if she didn't plan on letting people see it to bolster her credibility and efforts with this study.

I think more information is always better than little or no information.

Nalajr

I misspoke in my earlier post when I referred to you all attacking me. That didn't come out properly and I wasn't able to get my idea written the way I was thinking.

I don't believe anyone is attacking me or piling on or anything like that, so forgive my reckless accusation in that post. I'll try and watch closer what actually ends up in my posts.

Sorry for that statement.

Nalajr

There will be no decent photos or video released from the Ketchum camp, related to the report or otherwise.

Guest MikeG

I've never understood why people make unsubstantiated assertions.

"I think X because Y" is a format that has served humans well throughout history, or at least since the Greek classic period.

Mike

@ Nalajr

Your on this thread barking at everyone about their beliefs about Ketchum and the study, you made so many assumptions about what she did and did not do,

and firing away with CAPS LOCK BOLD TEXT in every other sentence, like it's going to help change people's minds on what's going on.

Your facts are no better than anyone else's on here, it's a waiting game for everyone, and very few people that are directly involved knows when it will be released.

The only thing that is going to change when you yell and argue with everyone is your blood pressure.

Edited by zigoapex

Speaking of blood pressure, I often wondered what a sasquatches appropriate vital signs would be and how they would compare to ours.....sorry if off topic, just something to toss around hile we sit and wait for the report....and wait.......and wait.....and wait.......and wait......

Guest Peter O.

Speaking of blood pressure, I often wondered what a sasquatches appropriate vital signs would be and how they would compare to ours.....sorry if off topic, just something to toss around hile we sit and wait for the report....and wait.......and wait.....and wait.......and wait......

From what little I know about biology, my guess would be slower metabolism, lower heart rate, lower body temperature. They would also need less sleep. It has to do with size--elephants have lower heart rates, while our pets have higher body temps than we do and sleep for a bigger chunk of the 24-hour day. Bigfoot's Mileage May Vary, of course.

edit: There's also individual variation and physical conditioning effects. Miguel Indurain, during his Tour-de-France days, had something like a resting heart rate of 19, which is lower than an elephant's.

Edited by Peter O.

Here are some comments from Dr. Ketchum about her having video evidence (of course the links don't work anymore since she deleted her facebook page):

Dr. Melba Ketchum Yes, MSK responding. I have been very fortunate to obtain a good site in the last year. I have seen them and have learned volumes about them. Never even thought I would see one. I was so wrong. They are truly amazing! This makes me so much more determined to get protection for them. So, not only do I have DNA, but now have massive field experience.

20 februari om 10:39

Dr. Melba Ketchum I have a lot of samples and yes I have evidence. I can't imagine how this is going to go..... What an uproar there will be, no doubt.

25 april om 15:19

Dr. Melba Ketchum I will address what I have learned eventually, but the paper has to come out first.

Dr. Melba Ketchum

I didn't say that I didn't have pictures either. I just don't take a camera when I want to interact with them. I do have good video that I will show at a later time....after the paper publishes.

Unfortunately I didn't copy the post with her explaining why she probably wasn't going to show the video anymore.

I still think the Ketchum study will come out (against all odds) and I see no problem with the delays. I also cannot see how she would be able to hoax so many contributors. Wouldn't they have found out by now it it was all a hoax? The PR is a mess, that's for sure.

I appreciate this post Didi68. + 1

I believe HRP nailed this one.

Nalajr, notice in the quote posted by Didi that is boldfaced that it doesn't say she took the video. It says, "I don't take a camera when I want to interact with them."

Along with DNA some submitters also included video and/or photographic evidence.

All that says is IF she wants to interact with them she doesn't take a camera. What if she's not looking to interact but to (say at a distance) get video or pics. It doesn't state wether she has or has not taken video or pictures, just that she has it. The way I read though I thinks she's saying she personally took video. Remember she was taking pictures of stick structures, so she does have a camera on her at least some of the time. Edited by squating squatch

BFF Patron

So now they are in the waiting period. Sounds like that could mean they are close to embargo period or in it (or so we can hope). Final revisions submitted perhaps?