The Ketchum Report

Guest gerrykleier

RL says the paper has passed peer review.

GK

Edited by gerrykleier
......link removed

Guest MikeG
Mike, as a point of clarification, are you saying that it is against the rules to say that any particular person is a member of the "Ketchum Team" on the chance that they might be a forum member?

Isn't that like saying that you could not disclose Dr Meldrum (also a forum member) as a member of his university's faculty?

I am saying that it is against the rules to connect the forum names of members of the BFF with real names of Ketchum team members, or to give any information which might enable someone else to work out the connection for themselves..

Just as it is against the rules to give away ANY connection between any member's forum name, and their real name, their occupation, where they live etc.

As it happens, Meldrum and Ketchum are members here under those names, so there is nothing to give away there, but there will zero tolerance for anyone who otherwise gives away personal details of members.

Mike

RL says the paper has passed peer review.

GK

RL can't make up his mind. In May he said if the paper hasn't been published by the first of June then forget about it, it's not happening. On that interview with "bigfoot tonight" I'm pretty sure he said his contacts within the Ketchum camp had dried up. So now where is he getting this info from? I think he's just repeating rumors. Edited by MikeG
...quote amended

Yes, it's pretty clear RL is grabbing at straws on this one. A commenter on her FB page doesn't quite qualify as an inside source to me. Hey, it is Thursday though, for all who watch for release! Har har.

Being that this is speculation, let's make it real as it can get by using the DNA . Now on the bone's of Lucy were they able to extract DNA ? If they were and it is in the data system ,what if it was compared with the DNA of Lucy.would we not have a living ancestor that should be dead.

I woke up today watched the history channel program of ape to man and kept thinking about that. It would be a great discovery if these creatures some how had some kind of link to us. They would be a living missing link and that would change the way we think of our selves. A natural primitive us living in the wild now in this time.

SSR Team

So when did Linda become the spokesperson for Melba's study. From what I remember of the public fb page, she was just a supportive fan, Not in the know. Sorry but i'm not going to rely on what she says. And who is this " somebody on the team"? How do you know they are apart of the paper. as far as I know Melba asn't confirmed any of this.

Cool, as per Mike's clarification, no rules are broken when saying that it was Linda who said that about the paper being " done ".

I was under the impression that she was " part of the team " due to her direct involvement with the FB group ( wasn't she at Admin level or at least had the ability to add people to the group ? ) and her role in that.

So now where is he getting this info from? I think he's just repeating rumors.

Or the same place as i got that info i posted about from too maybe. ;)

Bobbyo, you probably know more about Linda's status on the fb group than I do (since its not up anymore, I'm having to go by memory), But How can Linda Announce that the papers done with the journal embargo still in effect or for that matter even know at what stage with all the nda's in place. So if she can post that its done, why can't Melba confirm at the very least that the paper is ready. I don't see how Linda could get this information and be posting about it without breaking the journal rules and nda's that Melbas claiming. It don't make sense.

Edited by squating squatch

Dr K told me at the end of May via email that the final revisions were complete and the paper was being handed back in.They were looking for additional photo/video materials to include with the publication.

Edited to add....

I am not a DNA submitter and am not under an NDA.

Edited by indiefoot

BFF Patron

Well I guess that settles that. ^

Guest BFSleuth

Being that this is speculation, let's make it real as it can get by using the DNA . Now on the bone's of Lucy were they able to extract DNA ? If they were and it is in the data system ,what if it was compared with the DNA of Lucy.would we not have a living ancestor that should be dead.

I woke up today watched the history channel program of ape to man and kept thinking about that. It would be a great discovery if these creatures some how had some kind of link to us. They would be a living missing link and that would change the way we think of our selves. A natural primitive us living in the wild now in this time.

I would have to do some research to confirm this, but I believe that the oldest DNA that has been sequenced is about 30,000 year old Neanderthal DNA taken from a tooth. Lucy is millions of years old and I don't think that there would be any usable DNA left in those bones.

Guest Peter O.

Dr K told me at the end of May via email that the final revisions were complete and the paper was being handed back in.

I am not a DNA submitter and am not under an NDA.

Do you know the title of the paper?

I am confiming what someone else who knows her personally said. If she wants to spank me she knows where to find me.

See now I'm confused. All we've heard from Ketchum is she can't say anything about the paper because of the journal and nda's. Now we are finding out that she is talking about it. So what's the deal? Is she breaking the rules or are the rules not as stringent has we were lead to believe?

Edited by squating squatch