The Ketchum Report

SSR Team

I most certainly am not interested in that Guy's views on stuff other than BF, i stayed away from his thoughts on BF for long enough as i thought it reminded me of an Old Woman's meeting and was nothing but " he said, she said " rubbish. ;)

Dr K told me at the end of May via email that the final revisions were complete and the paper was being handed back in.They were looking for additional photo/video materials to include with the publication.

Edited to add....

I am not a DNA submitter and am not under an NDA.

Indie, FYI....she told me exactly the same thing around the same time. ;)

KB

So I guess we can infer that the paper finally passed peer review, with all associated revisions successfully completed, about seven weeks ago. All now depends upon the journal's publication time table, which we can't know.

Edited by Christopher Noel

I get the impression that the journal is saying if there are people out there collecting DNA then there should be good photos/videos.

Chris, that is my take, I think the holdup has been nit-picking and hoping for a video like what HRP describes to go with the publication. Now wouldn't that be something? Unless Sykes has told them to stall her paper until he is done :tease:

Edited by indiefoot

Hmmm, I would assume the journal would (through Melba, Adrian, etc.) already have preferred photos/video lined up long ago, and the current stage would just be about securing any necessary permissions/copyright releases.

BFF Patron

So maybe that bullet-proof vid. HRP has access to could be the lubricity that free's the frozen bolt. If I owned that vid. I'd be looking for a platform now and not later given the current discussion (unless I was against proving the existence of the primate or being).

Edited by bipedalist

Why would you need photo/video witch can be extremely hard to authenticate, when you have organic tissue samples that were sequenced and authenticated ?

I think it is the complexity of study and the ramification's to science world is the reason it's taking so long. There is other issues with releasing this information,

When released, it's going to leave many government entities with egg on their face.

Guest Particle Noun

On a prosaic and pedestrian level, it makes sense to me that the Journal would want the article to be as high profile as possible, assuming the science is good. They may want to deliver a eye-popping article, and so are trying to find film and photos to add to the article to give it 'sizzle' (incredibly lame term, I realize).

Guest BFSleuth

My understanding is that the video/photo evidence was supposed to be directly linked to particular samples. In other words, the journal would be looking to have additional information about how the samples were collected. I may be wrong with this, and it may simply be that the journal is looking to add additional great video or photos of the subject, irregardless of whether it is connected to actual samples.

Guest Particle Noun

That would make a tremendous amount of sense, especially if some of that photo/video evidence comes from the Erickson project, where reportedly there is direct evidence tied to some of the videos and photographs.

Chris, that is my take, I think the holdup has been nit-picking and hoping for a video like what HRP describes to go with the publication. Now wouldn't that be something? Unless Sykes has told them to stall her paper until he is done :tease:

Yeah, that would be something, and there wouldn't be a better time to release such a video, maybe HRP could give us a hint if that is likely.

BFF Patron

Why would you need photo/video witch can be extremely hard to authenticate, when you have organic tissue samples that were sequenced and authenticated ?

I think it is the complexity of study and the ramification's to science world is the reason it's taking so long. There is other issues with releasing this information,

When released, it's going to leave many government entities with egg on their face.

It's called the package, tied up with a nice, neat little bow. B)

Guest Particle Noun

You have to have something purty for the journalists who need to digest this into palatable chunks for public consumption. Clear(ish) photo's and videos will do that in spades. Paragraphs of talk about Devinsonian man and Heterozygotes won't.

He's not kidding Bobby. If you go there, only read BF related stuff. Anything else and you will need a shower. There's a reason RL banned the word "creep" from his blog. And I suspect it's because people used the term to describe him. Seriously, he banned the word "creep".

He may have banned the word 'dynamite' also as a poster once commented, based on his avatar, on something more than a passing resemblance to Napoleon Dynamite.