The Ketchum Report

Guest FuriousGeorge

It better be fresh crow. None of this crow people have been saving in the freezer since 2010.

Supposin' this is all really going to come to pass...(somebody pinch me).... Those sasquatches are gonna be so busted. Time they should wise up and stop hiding already.

So

Someone should be delegated to inform the bigfoot community--by which I mean the actual bigfoot peeps. Maybe Dr. Bindernagel should have the honor.

Now, all the skeptics going to have a heaping plate of cold crow, I expect. But I guess I better wait until the article is published or I might have to eat crow, myself.

Edited by MikeG
.....to bring into compliance with rule 3B

Let me repeat something I've already said.

I am a skeptic.

At this point in time and having read, researched and investigated the evidence/information for decades, I have come to the conclusion that BF most likely does not exist.

If BF is proven to exist, I will have no crow to eat and no comments to revisit.

If BF is proven to exist I will simply update my conclusion to the new and proper conclusion.

Why would I have any crow to eat?

Seriously. I have never understood that. Why is this always some kind of competition? Why would I have to eat crow for not accepting something that's not proven until it's, well......shucks and golly gee..... proven? Makes no sense. This talk of skeptics having to eat crow if BF is proven actually harms the proponents side. It screams "belief system" as opposed to objectivity. If BF is proven I will for sure be dancing in the streets, but crows have nothing to fear from me.

Even if they did want pics or videos, wouldn't that simply be a few mouse clicks away from getting it to them? It's not like they are wanting her to dub it to VHS.

Copyrights would have to be ironed out.

I'm still betting on some kind of website submission on a membership basis. Why else have the videos? The people that are going to be reading this journal are not the kind of people that care or are impressed by pics and videos.

Nalajr

No I think scientists expect that there would be some reliable images to evaluate. Good provenance is as important as clarity if not more important. Why else would so many people complain that you never get to see one? Perhaps they have, but have always dismissed the provenance.

Guest Shaun

Let me repeat something I've already said.

I am a skeptic.

At this point in time and having read, researched and investigated the evidence/information for decades, I have come to the conclusion that BF most likely does not exist.

If BF is proven to exist, I will have no crow to eat and no comments to revisit.

If BF is proven to exist I will simply update my conclusion to the new and proper conclusion.

Why would I have any crow to eat?

Seriously. I have never understood that. Why is this always some kind of competition? Why would I have to eat crow for not accepting something that's not proven until it's, well......shucks and golly gee..... proven? Makes no sense. This talk of skeptics having to eat crow if BF is proven actually harms the proponents side. It screams "belief system" as opposed to objectivity. If BF is proven I will for sure be dancing in the streets, but crows have nothing to fear from me.

As someone that has witnessed 'something' I can't identify I consider myself something of a believer. But, I still read a lot of comments and material I'm extremely skeptical about. I would think there are a lot of people like me that won't expect the crows to take flight in fear of consumption. As always there are extremes on both sides that will love to say 'I told you so', but I hope they're in the minority.

If the Dr's paper is published in a respected scientific journal, I propose this thread be locked, a new thread on "Ketchum teams findings", and a general amnesty for previous posts.

In other words, move forward.

Yeah Shawnw. That goes along with my point too. If Ketchum delivers, why on earth would anyone say "I told you so".

What does that mean? That, back before there was proof, someone told me they existed and I dared to not take their word for it? I'm sorry, but I need to base my concept of reality on as much evidence as possible. Me not taking someone's word for because the "told me so" isn't a defect on my part.

Also, for me, there's nothing in this thread or the entire board that I would have to take back. Today I do not think BF exists. If tomorrow proof comes, then I will think BF exists.

Changing ones mind when new discoveries happen isn't just necessary, but fun too. This is how we learn.

Edited by WTB1

Guest BFSleuth

This talk of skeptics having to eat crow if BF is proven actually harms the proponents side. It screams "belief system" as opposed to objectivity. If BF is proven I will for sure be dancing in the streets, but crows have nothing to fear from me.

In fairness to the proponent side of thing, there is a range of "belief" if you will. There are proponents who are witnesses, who have seen the creature with their own eyes and have absolutely no need to believe the creature exists. They know. Then there are proponents who have reviewed the evidence and have arrived at the conclusion that the creature either is likely or very likely to exist.

It would be very tempting for proponents to find some of the more bombastic and absolute quotes from skeptics and bring them back up as a reminder. True skeptics whose posts strongly reflect the good tradition of the term, that are open minded and ready to change their opinion in the face of confirming evidence, I'm sure will be welcome with open arms from the proponent side. There may be issues with some of the more ascerbic skoftic posts that have sought to belittle the proponent side of the debate.

I'm just hoping that after the report is published we can all take a deep breath, read the report with comprehension, and start a new debate regarding the implications of the report and the next stages of the quest for knowledge of these creatures.

If the Dr's paper is published in a respected scientific journal, I propose this thread be locked, a new thread on "Ketchum teams findings", and a general amnesty for previous posts.

In other words, move forward.

Speaking as a member and not a moderator:

I would propose that instead of locking this thread, we create a new forum titled DNA Findings (or something like that). Then move both this thread and the Sykes thread to the new forum. New threads can be started that discuss the results, how BF has managed to stay "hidden" all this time, what this means in terms of taxonomy and human position in the animal kingdom, whether there are other bipedal cryptids to be confirmed, etc.

Speaking as a moderator:

It is my sincere hope that this thread (or others) don't devolve into a series of personal attacks. The last thing the moderators would want to have to do is be overwhelmed by the need for a flurry of moderator actions, raising warn status's, handing out suspensions, etc. The publication of Dr. Ketchum's report will in all likelihood create a flurry of activity on this forum, let's just make sure it is positive activity!

Yeah BFSleuth.

There is a difference in a proponent who believes because they've had a clear sighting. To them I say:

1. I don't know what you saw.

2. You lucky sum-biches! :-)

Guest BFSleuth

:D true that.... however, some of the witnesses might disagree with the lucky aspect of the encounter, as some are still dealing with issues of PTSD.

I would like to add another cautionary note as a moderator in the event of the publication of the Ketchum Report. In order to read the actual report you will need to either be a subscriber to the journal or purchase a copy from the journal (usually about $20 per article). If you don't then you are relegated to reading about the report in the media. PLEASE DON'T POST COPIES OF THE ACTUAL REPORT OR OTHERWISE VIOLATE ANY COPYRIGHT RULES OF THE BFF.