The Ketchum Report

there's zero evidence attributing wilderness deaths to bigfoot. nor does it jibe with the "accepted wisdom" that they fear humanity and our cameras. this strikes as similar to the moral panic around recreational drug use in the 1920s where sheriffs in small-town America attributed hashish use to insanity and decapitation.

Not true. As demonstrated numerous times. All you need do is type "agressive bigfoot" or "killer bigfoot" or similar into your search engine of choice. Plenty of reports of lethal encounters w/bigfoot.

Ever see "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"? I think a significant cross-section of our citizenry will think along those lines, especially with certain media outlets fueling the fire.

Not true. As demonstrated numerous times. All you need do is type "agressive bigfoot" or "killer bigfoot" or similar into your search engine of choice. Plenty of reports of lethal encounters w/bigfoot.

oh there's plenty of "accounts", just like there used to be plenty of accounts of marijuana use turning people into cannibals and car thieves with a predilection for jazz music.

Guest scooterdad

oh there's plenty of "accounts", just like there used to be plenty of accounts of marijuana use turning people into cannibals and car thieves with a predilection for jazz music.

I like jazz

" .... with great and well founded caution .... "

The ones who die are the ones who throw caution to to the wind.I agree with JDL that these creature are very intelligent or they would not have been able to survive this long. If they are an apex preditor then we do need to worry. What makes us believe that we as a people are not driving them into a corner. We all know how a a animal that is corned will react but if the discovery does happen to make them a part of our being. What makes us think that they will not defend them selves by all means posible, just like a bird does with a yound one when a person nears a nest. Knowing that this is all speculation .All the cards should be on the table when discovery does make it's way to the media. there is no such thing as a gentle bigfoot because like humans there will be your typical bad ones. it makes no differance where you meet them but a matter whether they are in a good mood. again speculation.

ReeferMadness_04.jpg

I doubt any of the supposed death to BF are actually caused by BF. The deaths probably could have been attributed to other animals or other known causes.

Once there is a unique DNA signature by which to attribute to bigfoot some cases could be solved which could be cold and unsolved at present. Imagine what impact it could have in the field of forensics.

Guest OntarioSquatch

When bears and mountain loins attack, they tear up clothing and leave behind evidence. Whatever is currently kidnapping people in forests is picking them up and carrying them off. When bodies are found it's often discovered the clothing was removed somehow. That's why I think people need to know Bigfoot is out there and in the exact same parks where people go missing.

Search "Yosemite missing people" and you'll get a disturbing number of missing persons cases that happen at the park. It's just south of where the sierra kills happened.

http://www.nps.gov/y...s/pencasar1.htm

http://www.nps.gov/y...eldsar2012a.htm

http://yosemiteblog....ng-skier-found/

http://yosemiteblog....-missing-hiker/

http://yosemiteblog....ral-lakes-area/

http://yosemiteblog....joshua-gunther/

^I have no doubt that BF can and occasionally WILL prey upon people, but there's nothing in any of those particular links to indicate that they are among the unlucky few.

Guest OntarioSquatch

That's totally true. There's no good indication in any of the reports. Well, except for maybe a few.

Guest Peter O.

Ontario, I see a couple things wrong with the first two missing cases: I haven't hiked in Yosemite, but the first guy had a BMI > 34 and could have become overexerted and/or injured. In the second case, the group went on a short day hike after discovering he was missing! With friends like that...

Anyway, Anno Squatchini maybe it'll be possible to start the AT in March or April?

^I have no doubt that BF can and occasionally WILL prey upon people, but there's nothing in any of those particular links to indicate that they are among the unlucky few.

Personally, until there is a confirmed report of anyone getting eaten, I would assume that BF would prey upon people in the sense of territorial aggression. If humans were seen as a food source, there would be more problems. OTOH, in a starvation situation even humans will consume each other. Sucks to be the cabin boy.

Edited by Peter O.

While growing up along the west coast, I have fished, camped and hiked many of the same areas of Yosemite Park and the Sierra Nevada Mountains in general. I couldn't recall anything happening out of the ordinary, strange or unusual.

Now fast forward several decades of adult life and then having several Bigfoot encounters in north Texas and Oklahoma. I now recall a time I got spooked deer hunting while sitting in a large rock formation on the side of a hill. I remember the powerful feeling of being watched. Another time, I found a doe that appeared to be gut shot. Now I remember the wound was more towards the front part of the sternum.

I don't support any efforts of harming the Bigfoot in any way, but having said that, I still remain somewhat prepared and never go into the woods without at least one large caliber handgun prudently tucked away on my person. That habit saved my life about two years ago when three feral Pit Bull dogs attacked me while alone in the woods without a place to run, hide or climb.

Unexpected things have and will continue to happen in the secluded areas of the U.S. By not having any plan of defense in place is taking a big chance. Young, strong people are coming up missing with no traces of them found, plain and simple. It seems certain areas of the U.S. have a long history of this...who knows for sure what is going....

Guest MikeG

Folks,

there is a thread called (something like) Missing 411 where the subject of BF-related disappearances is being discussed. Please head over there for that discussion.

The Ketchum Report thread is supposed to be about the Ketchum report, believe it or not.

Please stick to the subject.

Mike

Guest Transformer

So the Ketchum report proves bigfoot to exist, simply because DNA exists. Based on recent rumor, it may prove that bigfoot is an extant hominid known to the fossil record.

So there's a new thing in the woods, manlike, but not a man, monstrous in aspect because of this combination of traits.

Now its behavior has to be characterized, which one can't easily do from DNA alone.

How are people going to react when they find out that they are not only the ultimate lukers and exhibit the behavior of ambush predators, but that they are also comparable in intelligence to humans?

[/baseless speculation personal experience]

The experienced hunters of which the vast majority have never had anything that even remotely comes close to a sasquatch encounter in BC will laugh and continue on doing what they do in the bush without even thinking about such a creature. Hard to say what those who have excitable imaginations and too little experience will do. If you spend your life in the wilderness and never come across anything different than the normal animals and their sign why should you think you are all of a sudden going to find something different just because some DNA is found somewhere far away that may be different? DNA alone will not prove that the animal known as sasquatch exists.