The Ketchum Report

Guest JVDBogart

Oh ok, but STILL, he should have slammed the door in his face and hid under the bed until he was gone. Does Biscardi pay big bucks to be first on internet search sites I wonder?? That can be the only explanation!

BFF Patron

I think Biscotti drives around the country just picking up on the advertising and grandstanding wherever there is the smell of a Bigfoot story that might hit the local papers. He did however market Burnette's book on his site for awhile as I remember.

But right, I think Bigfoot internet traffic for somebody doing a search for help is driven to those with the most tags and ingenuity. Burnette figured out what he got into with that outfit but it was too late by that time....

Guest JVDBogart

I think you nailed it! He is just super proactive and constantly searching the internet for anything Bigfoot related in the news. Then he simply contacts the person first and feeds them a load of crap like he is the number one authority on Bigfoot. If they were never interested in the subject of Bigfoot before, then they are probably just clueless. They would be grateful for the fact that someone believes them and is willing to listen to them and blah, blah, blah. You get the idea I am sure.

Guest gerrykleier

The book was a fun read if considered as part of the whole Bigfoot phenomena though I remained unconvinced of the central thesis... The skull was completely unbelievable as a BF skull even in the grainy, hard-to-make-out-any-clear-details reproduction in the Book-quite unlike the clear photo posted here earlier.

What I remember most about the Book was that he liked to talk about his love life quite a bit more than you would think was necessary in a Bigfoot Book and that he complained throughout of the expense involved in feeding the BF tribe day old bread and vegetable discards which he bought in bulk from supermarkets then hauled up and over several ridges to his feeding station. Truthfully speaking, his irritation at this expense and labor rang quite true! Even if there were no BFs, I think he was doing all that stuff just like he reported! He was mad in the Book at various DNA labs too, as I recall, including somebody in Texas. Melba, I guess...

The Book is worth reading to the completist. If true, the story about the dying Baby BF is astonishing. If a bunch of hokum, he (or we) are lucky it's not been picked up by the skoftics who would use it like a stick to beat all other Bigfoot Books into a state worse than the abandoned 'baby'!

GK

The baby story is to far fetched,why didn't he take pictures, some hair samples,etc... "I had a baby bigfoot and gave it back to it's mother" and that's it ?

After he makes statements about the baby and BF in the video, he keeps looking away from the camera/camera man, that is usually the actions of someone

being deceptive.

If it came back positive from Dr. K, wouldn't she use it in the report and have him sign a NDA ?

"I sent melba ketchum a skull which I beleived to be a primate perhaps bigfoot, she never sent my results for over three years to this day she has not sent my results her technician told me I had human dna in my test results they have never sent my results. This means that the mitocondria for an ape, or chimp or bigfoot would light up the same as human . I beleive Melba Ketchum is stealing all the evidence for her own benefit. She does talk shows on bigfoot and is a thief as far as I am concerned if anyone know how to help me sue her or wishes to take action against her and dna diagnostics please contact me at *********@hotmail.com or call me at 828********..Thanks TOM BURNETTE"

You receive a skull. You do DNA analysis. You determine it is human. I think you have a duty to report this to the police. A lot of missing persons out there.

You receive a skull. You do DNA analysis. You determine it is human. I think you have a duty to report this to the police. A lot of missing persons out there.

This ^

Guest gerrykleier

The baby story is to far fetched,why didn't he take pictures, some hair samples,etc... "I had a baby bigfoot and gave it back to it's mother" and that's it ?

After he makes statements about the baby and BF in the video, he keeps looking away from the camera/camera man, that is usually the actions of someone

being deceptive.

If it came back positive from Dr. K, wouldn't she use it in the report and have him sign a NDA ?

Just to be clear, I did not believe him when I read the book, so I didn't bother to watch the vid!

GK

Guest vilnoori

Tom may or may not have had a baby bigfoot, but the skull pictures that he posted were clearly deer, that had had most of the outer parts apart from the cranium removed or chewed off. I did an image search and here is a photo comparison of a deer skull and Tom's purported baby bigfoot skull:

tomburnetteskullcomparic.jpg

A primate skull would have been much rounder, a baby one would have had many cartilage sutures between the cranial plates and would have looked quite different in any case:

orangutan baby skull

http://www.boneclones.com/images/bc-208_web-lg.jpg

chimp baby skull

http://www.boneclones.com/images/bc-207_web-lg.jpg

human baby skulls, various ages

http://www.boneclones.com/images/bc-182-set_web-lg.jpg

As you can see, it is nothing like.

tomburnetteskullcompari.jpg

Although I made an own thread, I think the information is better placed here. I think its likely that the seemingly present human DNA in the BF DNA might gain a similar outcome. Namely making unknown DNA (could be anything) to unknown "hominid". Combine that with the fresh BFSteak and its obvious that this "hominid" is still alive, or at the furthest the sierra kills were the last. But it makes BF nearly a must exist "cryptid".

"The human family tree just got another — mysterious — branch, an African “sister species†to the heavy-browed Neanderthals that once roamed Europe.

While no fossilized bones have been found from these enigmatic people, they did leave a calling card in present-day Africans: snippets of foreign DNA. ..."

Easy to read Version: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/early-africans-mated-with-mystery-species-of-humans/2012/07/26/gJQAxFzZBX_story.html

Cell Article: http://download.cell.com/pdf/PIIS0092867412008318.pdf?intermediate=true

P.S. I think the Cell article is a good example of what the Ketchum study will look like.

As interesting as it is, this is also somewhat worries for me. Originally we all thought that the different races of people acquired their traits after they became Homo Sapiens, now it seems like all different kinds of people are just Homo Sapiens mixed with other Homo genes. I wonder if this will cause discrimination in the future.

@zoala:

I think in this regard it was helpful that, as I think to remember, the europeans were the first to get called "mixed". Nobody thought of that as might be something negative. But you are wright that in that it would have driven the racist idea of african "ape like men" forward, if it would have been found out first. But in the end it would just have hardened the idea for a few sick people that think in that lines anyway. I dont think it would have bothered the majority.

But than, I am european, and this might be a different issue somewhere else.

Guest BFSleuth

Regarding the issues of BBB complaints, I think I reviewed these over six months ago when the issue of BBB complaints against Dr. Ketchum's business last surfaced on this thread. If you look at the complaints you will notice that the great bulk of them occurred in a flurry in 2010. Since that time there are less than a handful.

Reading through the complaints I have the impression that:

1. Dr. Ketchum is running a high volume business of low dollar transactions. They are likely processing hundreds of requests per months, possibly thousands.

2. In a high volume retail business like this it would be surprising if they didn't have a few disgruntled customers that would file complaints.

3. The spate of complaints in 2010 seem to be related to their efforts to use a new subcontractor for some of the work during that period of time, and likely they had communication problems that amplified the problem with their customers. This looks to have been resolved by the end of 2010.

IMHO raising the issue of BBB complaints against Dr. Ketchum at first blush seems to be an exciting avenue for discrediting her for a skeptic, but any critical and rational reading of the complaints and the pattern of complaints quickly evaporates the issue.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the Ketchum Report, DNA, etc.....