The Ketchum Report

Frankly OS I am not sure it is part of the other study.

I suggested the *grooming video* be sent to Dr. Meldrum to the leader of the research group that obtained it and to the landowner and a post by masterbarber in the Premium area initially indicated it was but then we determined in the PMP thread that we were talking about two different videos.

I'll call the landowner that holds the rights to the video tonight and ask if they followed my advice and shared it with Dr Meldrum.

I don't think they did as I heard a while back from the leader of the research group that the landowner balked at sharing it beyond me.

I'd love to get it in Jeff's hands but can't forward it to him or share it with anyone since I've given my word to keep it to myself.

It is mindblowing for sure and brought me off of the fence. Changed my mind about the need to kill one as well.

Read some of my previous posts and you'll see I stated that no video would ever be enough to prove the existence of BF.

Well, with what I see in the *grooming video* I could not pull the trigger and no longer question the existence of BF. So how wrong was I with my previous analysis?

But this thread is about Dr. K's work so we should probably keep things there.

Look towards Indiefoot's post as he is in the know and is as stalwart of an individual as you'll find anywhere.

Heck, he has his own experiences, seperate from the Ketchum study and can be trusted.

Guest Tontar

HRP, yep, I'm with you on that. Patience is a hard one when there's so much on the line waiting. It will be nice to know what all the stuff is that isn't meeting the eye, if that stuff comes out when the report does. It would be SO nice if there wasn't always some sort of skullduggery involved, so many mysteries, so little transparency.

Anyway, back to waiting, and working...

Patience+my+ass.jpg

I suggested the *grooming video* be sent to Dr. Meldrum to the leader of the research group that obtained it and to the landowner and a post by masterbarber in the Premium area initially indicated it was but then we determined in the PMP thread that we were talking about two different videos.

I'll call the landowner that holds the rights to the video tonight and ask if they followed my advice and shared it with Dr Meldrum.

I'd love to get it in Jeff's hands but can't forward it to him or share it with anyone since I've given my word to keep it to myself.

It is mindblowing for sure and brought me off of the fence. Changed my mind about the need to kill one as well.

Read some of my previous posts and you'll see I stated that no video would ever be enough to prove the existence of BF.

Well, with what I see in the *grooming video* I could not pull the trigger and no longer question the existence of BF. So how wrong was I with my previous analysis?

I hope that you can find a way to get it viewable beyond yourself. I disagree with you that no video would be enough to convince someone. If it's real, it should look real. If it's fake, it should have faults that could be found. Good luck with it, hope you find success somehow. I got first dibbs if they ever let you show it.

Mail just came, Letters... arrived.

From what I hear behind the scenes it is going to come much sooner than that.

It has to, if she doesn't want to be "scooped" by Sykes/Meldrum. They've promised a paper by the end of the year, IIRC.

Which means the window is closing rapidly. Don't journals (like all magazines) have to have a final "galley" ready to go at least 3-4 months before the street date of the publication?

Dr. K is not going to risk her professional reputation and I think she has some good stuff. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Has she stopped "square pegging", do you think?

The continued promises of *soon* on FB postings do her and her study no favors at all.

Goes w/o saying.

My fear is that her report will contain some elements of ambiguity which will give the skeptics a day in the sun I guess. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Unless Smeja DOES have "one in the freezer", that's always been going to happen.

Heck, we could come up with a BF body, have it confirmed through DNA analysis, and proven to a scientific certainty and some would still claim it does not prove anything.

Preach it, Bro. HR!

Ah, to be in your shoes! I hope what you have seen is better than what was seen in the Temagami photos. I'm sure it is, but I think that several people were 100% convinced by those, ya know...

There has been no showing of "hoax" in those photos whatsoever, despite all the yakkity yak from the Skeptics.

If by some impossible chance it WERE a hoax, then it almost exactly duplicated what I saw that night at my friend's house, and that was long before I even HEARD of Temagami. THAT is what convinces me of their authenticity more than anything else.

Guest Tontar

There has been no showing of "hoax" in those photos whatsoever, despite all the yakkity yak from the Skeptics.

If by some impossible chance it WERE a hoax, then it almost exactly duplicated what I saw that night at my friend's house, and that was long before I even HEARD of Temagami. THAT is what convinces me of their authenticity more than anything else.

Why not argue your position of authenticity over on the Temagami thread where it has been fairly thoroughly discussed, and debunked? If you want to say you say a bigfoot with a Lubatti mask on, cool, do it over there, not in the Ketchum thread.

This should not be a race of who's paper comes out first. it should be about the truth on how they are truely real in our lives. I have no problem waiting since they are truely real to me.I just know that existance will no longer be in our heads or that we will be laughed at for telling the truth, that leaves a good feeling with my own existance and soul.

Why not argue your position of authenticity over on the Temagami thread where it has been fairly thoroughly discussed, and debunked? If you want to say you say a bigfoot with a Lubatti mask on, cool, do it over there, not in the Ketchum thread.

No, a bunch of Skeptics have pronounced it 'debunked', offering no evidence to support that claim whatsoever outside their pronouncements.

You are right, though, it's OT for the Ketchum report.

This should not be a race of who's paper comes out first.

You're right, it shouldn't be, but it is at this point. Ketchum is out of time. She either needs to "fish or cut bait" as the saying goes. Sykes/Meldrum has the edge in professional credentials and journal credibility and will not have anywhere near the problems with "peer review" as a result.

sorry to hijack the thread puff, but do you think its time for sas to start warming up the grill for hunsters steak dinner? :nyam:

Guest VioletX

HRPuffinstuff,

OT again, but if Meldrum did not get the Grooming Video we will not mind if you share it here, that is if you get permission :thumbsup:.

Edited by VioletX

Guest COGrizzly

Puff, BobbyO and any others that would like to elaborate.

I know the "grooming video" is the guys property and has the choice to NOT share. But that doesn't mean that I personally do not understand it. Can't the video location kept secret? If it is "mindblowing", and it were mine, I'd copyright it and start making money hand over fist. Who doesn't like more money?

Why the Ketchum report has not come out yet is beyond me as well. But, guess there's plenty I do not get.

I think that withholding evidence is a crime against knowledge. If someone is sitting on 'the proof', then it is their DUTY to present it so that knowledge may be served and the issue settled.

*EDIT* Not that I'm holding it against HR. My beef is with the rights holder who is denying us evidence and knowledge.

Edited by Mulder

Guest OntarioSquatch

Mulder, the Temagami photos are fake bro. Sometimes the skeptics are right. Personally I would like to see who scoops who on the Sasquatch DNA results. Someone's gonna get scooped. That much is for certain 8)

sorry to hijack the thread puff, but do you think its time for sas to start warming up the grill for hunsters steak dinner? :nyam:

Where in the heck have you been brother? Great to see you back as there is a lot of new and exciting things going on.

Dunno if Sas will be firing up the grill or not but we are VERY close to proof I think.

Hit me up in a PM. I'd love for us to catch up a bit.

Puff, BobbyO and any others that would like to elaborate.

I know the "grooming video" is the guys property and has the choice to NOT share. But that doesn't mean that I personally do not understand it. Can't the video location kept secret? If it is "mindblowing", and it were mine, I'd copyright it and start making money hand over fist. Who doesn't like more money?

Why the Ketchum report has not come out yet is beyond me as well. But, guess there's plenty I do not get.

I get that COG. Part of me wishes I hadn't been sent the video and the other part of me is awfully glad I got it as the mystery is now solved for me.

Those who have been around for years know that I was alway's on the fence and leaned towards belief.

Well, the *grooming video* changed my life and point of view.

The interesting fact COG is that the landowner who holds the copyright to the video had heard stories of BF on their familial land from his dad and grandad for years but didn't really take it seriously until his son saw a couple last Fall while deer hunting.

He then called in a research group and they obtained the *grooming video*.

It's amazing and crystal clear.

But the landowner is not someone who is really interested in BF and feels no obligation to share the video. In fact, he has put the clamps on it as he fears his familial land being overrun.

Me, when I saw it, suggested we get it into Meldrum's hands as I thought it could be part of their study that is running concurrently with that of Dr. K.

He balked and since he holds the copyright on it can sort of dictate the sharing of it.

For instance, I would never break my word that I gave when first approached with the film, but even if I did, I could not post it here as our Rules & Guidelines would forbid my doing so.

Yes, the Chief Administrator here has to follow the same rules as everyone else does.

I hope when I visit the property in November that I can get the landowner to at least send the video to Dr. Meldrum.

I wish he would allow it to be shared with all of The BFF members.

It's by far the best video I've ever witnessed and moved me off of the fence as it is clear, lasts for over 7 minutes, depicts two animals that have no clue they are being filmed, and blows the PGF away.

But, he is pretty staunch in not releasing the video.

When I visit the site in November I'll have to sign an NDA.

I'll do so as I'm not getting any younger and just want to see one in person myself.

I'm convinced this is my best shot at doing so.

Back to Dr K's report, I think she should just go ahead and release what she has in light of the other study that is coming out in the Fall/Winter.

I've heard that there were attempts to fit a square peg in a round hole and that was a primary reason for the delay.

I've also heard that NDA's and jockeying among a couple of sources of her study have delayed things.

That's why I said we need to be patient.

She's got something that she feels confident about and is too smart to ruin her reputation with a bunch of hooey.

If she is not quick then the other study will scoop her. They are focused and have laid out tentative dates as opposed to just continuously stating *soon*.

Best case scenario for me would be if Dr. K releases her info and the other study supports her findings with their evidence.

Worse case scenario would be if there is ambiguity/subjectivity in Dr. K's study as that would present fodder for those more skeptical.

I don't believe we can get too caught up in a timeline and try and impose that on Dr. K. But she has to know the other study is serious and might beat her to the punch.

It's a fun and exciting time for we Bigfooter's.

Personally I would like to see who scoops who on the Sasquatch DNA results. Someone's gonna get scooped. That much is for certain 8)

Other studies may get a hold of the same type of biological samples, but they'll have the same work ahead of them if they don't know exactly what Dr. K. found. I'll bet that they'll need equivalant data to publish. Once this is all played out, it will be interesting see who actually had their pegs and holes crossed up.