The Ketchum Report

I wonder if Sykes and others involved in the Oxford study have any idea of Ketchum's results or if they are waiting to hear like everyone else?

Edited by chelefoot

Guest shoot1

I wonder if Sykes *started* the Oxford study because he not only has inside information but is also aware of the difficulty of having Ketchum's results published. Once he publishes something it might be less risky / more acceptable for a well known journal to roll the dice and publish her paper.

Could be......Here's what Sykes says.........

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2886880/posts

"I'm challenging and inviting the cryptozoologists to come up with the evidence instead of complaining that science is rejecting what they have to say," said geneticist Bryan Sykes of the University of Oxford.

I'm not sure he knows much from the way that sounds, So I did write to them to answer the challenge, I've got crickets so far.

Guest slimwitless

Did you offer them some of your hair samples? Do they know it tested positive in another study?

I agree with shoot1. I think Sykes knows more than he's letting on.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Rhettman A. Mullis already knows what Sasquatch is from Dr. Ketchum's study and says it's an exciting conclusion. I know Sykes has had conversations with Meldrum. And Meldrum is in on insider info. They have cases of hybridization that they are already looking at. It's almost as if Sykes knows the final outcome, but maybe he's just well prepared lol.

Meldrum did not seem to know what distinctions Ketchum et. al. have found from my conversations with him, and from his comments at the conference in May, he considers what information that is available to be premature rumors.

Did you offer them some of your hair samples? Do they know it tested positive in another study?

I agree with shoot1. I think Sykes knows more than he's letting on.

I gave them the information/ description they wanted according to their requisites on their web page.

BFF Patron
....They have cases of hybridization that they are already looking at.

Actually, don't you mean they have cases of alleged hybridization in historical context that they are looking at?

If not, what are your sources or is it rather hunches?

And as I remember it was Mionczynski that weighed in about the coyote issue in the Sierra Kills.

I'm sure if Sykes is in the primatology pipeline, that associated labs that have done testing for/with Ketchum have been involved with him too in the past. Between that and Meldrum prob. sharing some insights into what could be

offered to beef up the research of others, I'm sure he has connected some dots and is not just performing an exercise in Santa's workshop. *< conjecture>*

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Gilbert Syndrome

You guys brought this beast to life to talk about money without mentioning the money college level researchers make via tenure? For shame. There is no such thing as a pure scientist. It's all about the money...

Tim B.

True, but there's a difference between potentially saving lives/curing illness, and messing around in the woods screaming into cupped hands attempting to attract a fictional creature.

Welcome to the forum Gilbert.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and that you read around this subject as widely as you can.....

Mike

True, but there's a difference between potentially saving lives/curing illness, and messing around in the woods screaming into cupped hands attempting to attract a fictional creature.

Who is doing that? BF is not a fictional creature. I should know because I've seen one.