The Ketchum Report

LOL (for your delievery of your respsone) Darrell!

That's kind of funny if you think about it.

I wonder how many calls that poor receptionist has fielded.

3) Why cant somebody just call Ketchum and ask a simple question: Did you submitt a paper for publication and did it pass the peer review process?

I've talked to her several times and in person once. I believe there is a paper in review on putative sasquatch DNA. The tone of those conversations has always been positive. I think any word on acceptance will be just prior to actual publication.

Guest gerrykleier

I've talked to her several times and in person once. I believe there is a paper in review on putative sasquatch DNA. The tone of those conversations has always been positive. I think any word on acceptance will be just prior to actual publication.

Just to be obvious, I take this to mean that to the best of your knowledge, the paper has not been accepted for review at this time. Feel free to correct me!

GK

Just to be obvious, I take this to mean that to the best of your knowledge, the paper has not been accepted for review at this time. Feel free to correct me!

GK

Ketchum said on her FB page before it was taken down that they were "revising" the paper, meaning that it had at least passed preliminary review with challenges.

Edited by Mulder

Guest gerrykleier

Ketchum said on her FB page before it was taken down that they were "revising" the paper, meaning that it had at least passed preliminary review with challenges.

That was a while ago now. Just wonderin'...

GK

Just curious as to how you know that it meant the "paper" had passed preliminary review with challenges."

Couldn't it also mean that her and a couple of her associates read the paper before they were to submit it and decided that it needed work, maybe a LOT of work and so they decided to redo the whole thing? Isn't that scenario just as likely as yours?

Or that it was rejected and they were going back to try and fix the problems. That would also be a possibility wouldn't it?

Nalajr

or had been rejected.

No, that it was being revised at the request of the reviewers. Translated into "layspeak", that's: "It's pretty good, but there's some issues we'd like you to address before we sign off on this". That is not a rejection. If Ketchum for whatever reason make all the necessary changes, then it might be rejected.

Just curious as to how you know that it meant the "paper" had passed preliminary review with challenges."

Because that is what Ketchum said in one of her statements, and I have no reason to doubt her. Now that may or may not be the current status of the paper, but she isn't saying much of anything right now. So the last official word from Ketchum has to stand as the status unless and until new, vetted information comes in.

Couldn't it also mean that her and a couple of her associates read the paper before they were to submit it and decided that it needed work, maybe a LOT of work and so they decided to redo the whole thing? Isn't that scenario just as likely as yours?

Or that it was rejected and they were going back to try and fix the problems. That would also be a possibility wouldn't it?

Nalajr

Not based on Ketchum's own statements.

GK

To the best of my knowledge at this time, the paper is not rejected. I think it has been in review for a period of time sufficient to reject it if it did not have the impact value most Journals would die for.

^Someone said pages and pages ago that the longer a paper went from time of submission, the more likely it was to ultimately be published. If there was nothing of import to the paper or if the study was flawed in some way it would have been actively rejected long ago.

Could you post a link to the statements you are claiming that she made about the "paper?"

I'd like to read those myself.

Thanks

Nalajr