The Ketchum Report

Yes quite impressive, because in this day and time negativity is often broadcast much more readily than the truth. Also, if there were any failings from the study some one would have broken ranks and tried to make a name for themselves by spilling the beans... NDA or not. But since the study and report will bear the full burden and weight of truth demanded in this bigfootery society.... Then, IMHO the skeptics have now met their match, and no amount of negativity and volumes of negative posts attempting to discredit DMKS have worked.

Saying it ain't so will not stop the truth that has been dismissed for years.

Saying it ain't so will not stop the truth that has been dismissed for years.

You sound awfully confident that proof has been established, when it hasn't. Until the paper is published, it is little more than hearsay. Until someone sees and validates the Erickson videos and photos, they too are just stories. Neither story has established themselves as "truth".

Rather than waiting in anticipation of a groundbreaking scientific discovery, some of the comments sound extremely political, or cultural, or emotional, as if 'once the truth is known, all these naysayers are going to have to eat a lot of crow!'. Edgy sort of stuff, when all of this really ought to be objectively anticipated, tempered with the knowledge that "proof" and "truth" has been right around a hundred different corners for quite a few decades, in fact longer than some in here have even been alive! Long enough for several generations of sasquatch to have been born and died. Seems to me a lot of those things just around the corner have never come to light, and have faded into obscurity as another revelation has come upon the scene.

Sykes has a timeline that has been published, that he will probably stick to. December, isn't it? Three months from now? That time will pass fast on one hand, and horribly slowly on the other. I can't wait for the Sykes study to come out, as at least there will be some finality to it. The Ketchum report just goes on and on and on, with no end in sight. It's excruciating. And the longer it takes for it to come out, the more some people think that it has already proven something, which it hasn't. The only thing it has proven is to be a popular topic to talk about. ;-)

I don't see how there has been no new leakers recently. Her staff, submitters, Erickson, journal sources, other labs, etc.... Even our own US govt and military has leakers all the time. This had been silent for weeks now.

That is some kinda Iron Fist that journal has isn't it?

Nalajr

US Government workers: 22,461,691 (2008 data)

Dr. MK NDA's signers <1,000

Hmmm....not that I'm a big math guy, but which group do you think would have a higher probability of leaking info?

True Mike, to a degree.

I think there are times that each and every one of those folks have opportunity to leak info, and if we're likening the DMK study to 'government' leaks, well, it's not that terrible of a stretch. (contract negotiations come to mind)

Government workers are VERY carefully vetted before allowing access/exposure to sensitive information. On average, gov't employees are called up on to, and in fact DO keep secrets better than the general population.

There's no rating or comparison system that will detract from the fact, That the Ketchum group has had NO leaks yet. That is impressive.... You can't compare bigfootery to any other pursuit of happiness. This has never happened in the Bigfoot world. ( Unless some would want to compare the Patterson film ) ...... .So just admit it is impressive and gets under some folks skin..

Kinda, Like a giant hammer hanging over head....

Very impressive.. Indeed. Makes you wonder what's up.

Guest poignant

Rather than run around in circles arguing about how the embargo policies are interpreted by a journal such as Nature I decided to check for myself. I sent an e-mail:

"I read through the policy statement and it didn't seem to preclude confirming that a paper has been submitted or under peer review. If I submit a paper is it permissible to confirm with media that I have a paper in submission and if it does get into peer review is it allowed to confirm that fact as long as I don't discuss the contents of the paper?"

The reply I received:

"We ask that you not discuss your papers submitted for consideration as the review process is confidential. Though you are encouraged to discuss your work with fellow scientists and at conferences, our policy is that you not discuss any work submitted to Nature with journalists. As such, confirming that a paper has been submitted or is under review would mean discussing the work, which is counter to our policy."

Hopefully this can lay to rest the issue of, "OH MY GOSH, WHY WON'T SHE AT LEAST CONFIRM!????"

Take a breath.

You are a sleuth indeed ;)

There's no rating or comparison system that will detract from the fact, That the Ketchum group has had NO leaks yet. That is impressive.... You can't compare bigfootery to any other pursuit of happiness. This has never happened in the Bigfoot world. ( Unless some would want to compare the Patterson film ) ...... .So just admit it is impressive and gets under some folks skin..

Kinda, Like a giant hammer hanging over head....

Very impressive.. Indeed. Makes you wonder what's up.

No leaks? Have you not read He-who-shall-not-be-named's blog?

Tim B.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't know if RL's rumours are considered leaks, but there are definitely leaks from both Dr. Ketchum herself and Richard Stubstad.

his would be sources were a couple people on FB that claimed to have inside information, they were guessing themselves. he will print anything

to get people on his blog.

The article written about the secret group was utter tripe. I can state that as fact as I'm a member of the group. For me, that just underlined what most people already thought. He has nothing on the Ketchum study and no real insiders.