The Ketchum Report

I hate to go look... but I don't see what he could possibly leak. There's nothing there to leak! They (the powers that be in the Protection Group) won't even tell the members what the plan is because the members can't be trusted due to the few bad apples. It's frustrating.

I hate to go look... but I don't see what he could possibly leak. There's nothing there to leak! They (the powers that be in the Protection Group) won't even tell the members what the plan is because the members can't be trusted due to the few bad apples. It's frustrating.

Yep, we reap what we sow, sad to say just because it's written on a forum, don't make it so. Sad, so sad. But that's the life in the fast lane of believers vs. skeptics.

She is learning fast isn't she... Kudos to her.

All the best to Dr. Ketchum. She has, all along, done the correct thing.

I certainly wish Dr K all of the best and given some of the info I've received on the matter am quite confident that she has something really cool and will release it when the time is right and some extraneous matters align.

But I don't think she has done the correct thing all along.

The entire PR of this issue has been handled VERY poorly IMHO and as such has invited much of the scrutinous controversy hitting her from all sides of the debate.

One can only claim info will be released *soon* so many times, with nothing being released, before *The Boy Who Cried Wolf* scenario creeps into peoples minds.

I'm convinced she has something substantial. I just wish the PR over the issue had been handled a little more professionaly.

I'm sure it is difficult to use social media as a way to converse with fellow enthusiasts of bigfoot, without it being painted as public relations, and discussing findings with the media, but it seems to depend on how you want to look at it. My employer discourages employees from posting about their work or work activities on FB, because it is considered bad PR, and in a way that is a good point, but if people feel she should be more open and transparent about what she feels she has, then they are asking for the cart before the horse or to sabatage her own work in peer review because every bit of it she's done on BF would be in that process.

Get that friend. I suppose it is the constant promises of *soon* that never come to fruition and some squirrely things being done with the FB account, (like closing it at times) that I'm talking about.

Really bad handling and the actions have turned off many proponents and provided fuel to skeptics.

Not asking for the cart before the horse and perfectly willing to sit by patiently as I have a certain measure of confidence in the eventual outcome.

I'd rather they just be honest and say they've met a stumbling block or two and will release the info when they can than to hear of *impending important updates that never come* or constantly unfulfilled promises of *soon*.

Not going to please, or be enough for the skeptics, but the proponents and fence-sitters would probably appreciate the candor and accept it.

Guest slimwitless

Is she a member here.

Sally is a member, although I'm not sure she's advertised it anywhere. I'm also not sure she's ever posted here - I haven't checked. I only know from a little cross-referencing of user names from a BlogTalk chat room (and verified with a PM). It was the very first "radio" interview with Justin Smeja and she was there trying to manage the chaos.

Edited by slimwitless

After listening to Derek's interview which was really good, I might say. I kind of understand why this is all being handled the way it is. I know they exist I know they are around where I reside. I can wait and I can wait a long time if the end result is discovered and existence recognized by science.

The only thing I know is that she was hired because of her experience with PR on an article for Smithsonian magazine. That's why it amazes me that no one thinks she's publishing in Smithsonian. Especially with all the rumors about the skeletons in the basement.

Tim B.

Guest Transformer

^A press release is an authorized statement submitted to the major media and outlines the information wished to be made public at that time. Is there any actual press release that has been submitted to the major media regarding Dr. Ketchum and her DNA analysis? If so, could somebody please direct me to it? If not, why have a person who supposedly does press releases just muddle about in Facebook posting mostly what appeared to be erroneous or conflicting statements?

Surely there is no imbargo on a press release that would state the facts that we have been led to believe:

1) Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Melba Ketchum is investigating samples of what may be the DNA of a cryptid creature called Bigfoot or sasquatch which have been submitted to her from around the US.

One of the samples is from a creature said to have been killed by Mr. Justin Smeja who was investigated by Fish & Game officials without any formal action taking place.

2) Dr. Ketchum has claimed to have seen these legendary creatures and has no doubt in her mind that they exist.

3) Dr. Ketchum is extremely motivated to preserve these creatures and has taken some preliminary steps to raise attention and possible funding for such a project.

4) Dr. Ketchum is hoping to have her research (which is augmented by many geneticists from major universities in the US) in a major science journal soon.

Does that sound about right? Are there any factual errors? Is there anything that is contrary to the NDAs or supposed imbargo rules with the above?