The Ketchum Report

Guest BFSleuth

Folks, regardless of your thoughts of Sally or Dr Ketchum, there has been tireless work being done around the clock by many. Sally, Dr Ketchum and hundreds more are all STILL dedicated to seeing the fruition of the release and eventual protection of this species. I would hope all will respect that and not de-rail this thread into personal Vendetta to either one.

Word to the wise: while it may be a source of amusement to speculate on the issues that separated Sally and Melba, both are still members of the BFF (although neither have posted here in quite a while).

I would guess that the blog posts by the infamous one and the bad Evidence blog, had a hand in the friction.

Edited by zigoapex

Speculation is a slippery slope. Diehard skeptics and "believers" who haven't had an up close encounter of their own are all squabbling at the bottom of that slope. I can do without the personal stuff. I couldn't care less about who is working for who and someone fired this person etc... My only hope is for a very scientific paper that a. - has all the data to back up the claims and b. - once and for all demonstrates the existence of Sasquatch. All this other crap is nonsense.

Hell, I thought it was just a sign that the paper/study/research didn't have a real need for a PR person at this point, my thoughts went no further than that for speculation. As far as I know Sally seems to be a regular person with no particular axe to grind. I never heard of her until this year. You can spin all kinds of "maybe's" but I bet it goes no further than that in reality.

Someone commented that they hoped Sally and Melba were still friends, but "Severed ties" donotes more than just putting an end to the professonal relationship, doesn't it? If I severe ties with someone I work with, that's it, I am done with that person... no more going out for lunch, calls on the weekend to say, "Whatcha doin' this weekend?", etc...

But like others have said... that is beside the point. The results of the study is all that really matters. Hopefully, this will have no impact whatsoever on the release of the paper.

I would seriously doubt that it would impact the results in any way what so ever. All of this is just a side note in the ongoing story, and for all I know , all they ever had was a working relationship. Sally lived a few states over from Melba, it's hard to maintain a friendship long distance.

^^^

Probably the other direction. They are going to need a lot more than one person doing PR on this and probably had to hire a company that deals on a larger scale.

If Sykes is going to start a study himself, he had to have a good reason to start one. And i'd bet that he had some communication with Ketchum or other professionals involved. nobody is going to start a study of this nature on a hunch or hearsay.