The Ketchum Report

So either her paper will prove the existence of an undiscovered primate in North America or it won't... in either case, I wonder what life After Ketchum's Paper "AKP" will be like. I'm fine with waiting for facts, you know, if there are any to be had. :) Will her paper, if it passes peer review, demonstrates the existence of an undiscovered primate, and all that jazz, satisfy any of the hardcore skeptics on BFF?

Richard Stubstad passed away :(

My cousin died today also, and he was so hoping to see the outcome of the ketchum DNA studies. Not because he was involved in them, just that he was fortunate enough to witness these creatures on several occasions in his lifetime, and wanted the species to be identified and ultimately protected. RIP Cousin D. and Mr Stubstad.

James, I think it possible NOT to be a undiscovered primate, maybe another undiscovered type of hominid.

KB

Technical detail: hominids are primates, just a different branch.

And RIP Richard...maybe you know the truth now.

My cousin died today also, and he was so hoping to see the outcome of the ketchum DNA studies. Not because he was involved in them, just that he was fortunate enough to witness these creatures on several occasions in his lifetime, and wanted the species to be identified and ultimately protected. RIP Cousin D. and Mr Stubstad.

My condolences to you and your family, Skunkfoot

Terrible news.... although I would not be surprised if a certain less salubRious bLogger used it to his advantage for yet another tabloidesque 'exclusive' :/

*n

This is an interesting read, and something I never thought I would see:

http://news.yahoo.co...-190641079.html

While the article claims that most Scientists would be appalled at this, the percentage rates see rather alarming.

Could this be yet another obstacle that the Ketchum camp must overcome. It just seems like the Bigger money leads to bigger frauds. Amazing.

Edited by Skunkfoot

Technical detail: hominids are primates, just a different branch.

Hi Mulder, yes sir you are correct, I am suggesting they could be a completey DIFFERENT branch for the ape/human split of approx 2,5 million years ago. Maybe they are a new branch previously un-discovered.

KB

This is an interesting read, and something I never thought I would see:

http://news.yahoo.co...-190641079.html

While the article claims that most Scientists would be appalled at this, the percentage rates see rather alarming.

Could this be yet another obstacle that the Ketchum camp must overcome. It just seems like the Bigger money leads to bigger frauds. Amazing.

This has been a problem much bigger than the institution would care to admit for some time. I first became aware of it by reading "Wrong : Why experts keep failing us--and how to know when not to trust Them" by David Freedman

Hi Mulder, yes sir you are correct, I am suggesting they could be a completey DIFFERENT branch for the ape/human split of approx 2,5 million years ago. Maybe they are a new branch previously un-discovered.

KB

That's one theory, to be sure.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I re-read the info Richard Stubstad posted on his website and it's pretty clear to me now that all three of the samples he paid for to be analysed by Dr. Ketchum had modern human mtDNA (homo sapiens sapiens). But he didn't know if there was hybridization involved or not. Also, the sample he calls sample 3 had mtDNA that was notably different from the samples he called samples 1 & 2. Meaning there is probably good genetic diversity.

None of the three samples had any exact matches from GenBank. Samples "1&2" had 9 close matches and sample "3" had 5 close matches. I don't know how he got that info, but I trust it's legit lol

Edited by OntarioSquatch