The Ketchum Report

Guest VioletX

Ketchum just posted this link on her Facebook page:

http://www.indiegogo...isQuestProject1

and said the following: "I think this is a good cause. I am curious as to how the results will come out, how about you?"

Now go read the article.

Turning a pyramid into a power plant?

Anti-gravity technology possessed by the ancients?

Yeah this bigfoot DNA study ain't looking good IMO.

Now I'm a huge history and anthropology buff and some of the most interesting new findings are pushing back the dates of human firsts including populating the western hemisphere. It will also not surprise me if someday they do identify an ice age fairly advanced maritime culture. But most of the ideas in that article are nothing short of fantastical bunk.

Yeah. Not looking good.

Um... she posted it re the Peruvian Elongated Skulls specifically. That is not so "out there" is it?

Edited by VioletX

Guest craichead

For someone who considers herself a scientist it is. I'm an armchair anthropologist (minor in college) and enjoy reading up on it quite a bit and admittedly also have a special interest in more fringe topics, but this stuff is out there to the extent that it's ridiculous.

Guest VioletX

For someone who considers herself a scientist it is. I'm an armchair anthropologist (minor in college) and enjoy reading up on it quite a bit and admittedly also have a special interest in more fringe topics, but this stuff is out there to the extent that it's ridiculous.

Are strange and unusual skulls fringy? They are tangible and could warrant some serious study.

Guest toejam

Fact is this species is as real as you are. I'm not an armchair critic. I'm out there, involved, experiencing a plethora of activity as well as gaining evidence along the way.

People that THINK they know the truth are in for one big surprise in the future. This species can literally run circles around you and you wouldn't even know they were there.

I mean literally to the extreme.

Edited by toejam

Guest toejam

Understandable. This isn't small news. It's huge and changes everything. Situations like that take time and it's an uphill battle. Obstacles are bound to be there.

In the end the truth will reveal itself. It only comes down to when.

Guest Jack Wild

If I were advising a scientist who is supposedly close to publishing a peer reviewed research paper on a controversial topic that, if published, will bring intense scrutiny from peers and the media, I would suggest that forays into the elongated skulls of Peru, and pyramid powers at this juncture are ill-advised. I had serious doubts all along about this report's validity, but now I am convinced it is just another rabbit hole. I'll be thrilled to be wrong, but my interest lies in the study of an unidentified bipedal primate. I am not into some guy carrying his laptop with camera around in what has to be one of the most laughable intros into a study anyone's ever seen. If my students produced that video I would laugh at their keen sense of humor and then tell them to do it over because it lacked any sense of planning or forethought.

Please tell me what you would be feeling right now if you were the editor of a respected journal, and you found out that on the eve of releasing one of the most earth-shattering reveals in the history of modern biology, that the lead author was dabbling in this stuff? This seems to be failing the smell test...and it's not Sasquatch your smelling.

This is just more speculation. How are we to know Dr Ketchum, isn't relaxing her Brain from the overload that several years of an "earth shattering" scientific study would bring? Ask yourself, how do you unwind? How do we know anything about what the good Dr is thinking?

Pure speculation, thats all this is. This whole thread has been a wonderful opportunity to put ourselves in her shoes. And judge, what we would or wouldnt do in her situation. Fantasy. And the criticism is far from constructive. But those are the opportunities that this thread has afforded us. Frankly we should be thanking the Mods here, that they have allowed half the stuff to be opined.

It serves as a catharsis of sorts for us, and our impatience and frustrations at not being in the "know". just my 2 cents. I intend on resuming my patience. Like a chopping block, I can wait.

Guest OntarioSquatch

The genesis quest project has nothing to do with Dr. Ketchum's study, yet people are connecting them. I don't even know what to say lol...

Guest Jack Wild

Clearly I failed to make my point. I didn't say she is connected to it. It's a question of discretion. How much media scrutiny would someone get after publishing a DNA report of the nature some are expecting. Would a scientist want their crowning achievement to be derailed as reporters begin asking this person whether they believe the genesis quest should be explored further. It's a matter of credibility. This entire thread has as a backdrop the excitement that if this report is real, the study of Sasquatch will earn the credibility many in this forum believe it deserves. How does a Facebook post adding credibility to the genesis quest help solidify credibility for the report? Therefore, I question the legitimacy of the overall claim. But, it the report does pan out, watch the attacks that will come regarding the credibility of someone suggesting these other topics are legitimate.

Please tell me what you would be feeling right now if you were the editor of a respected journal, and you found out that on the eve of releasing one of the most earth-shattering reveals in the history of modern biology, that the lead author was dabbling in this stuff? This seems to be failing the smell test...and it's not Sasquatch your smelling.

If I were intellectually honest, and I'd done the due diligence and found the science of the paper to be sound, I'd shrug and move on.

Bringing up any other topic in an attempt to besmirch Dr Ketchum's reputation, intelligence, or integrity, or to cast doubts on her study, is shoddy argumentation bordering on the unethical.

This is just more speculation. How are we to know Dr Ketchum, isn't relaxing her Brain from the overload that several years of an "earth shattering" scientific study would bring? Ask yourself, how do you unwind? How do we know anything about what the good Dr is thinking?

Pure speculation, thats all this is. This whole thread has been a wonderful opportunity to put ourselves in her shoes. And judge, what we would or wouldnt do in her situation. Fantasy. And the criticism is far from constructive. But those are the opportunities that this thread has afforded us. Frankly we should be thanking the Mods here, that they have allowed half the stuff to be opined.

It serves as a catharsis of sorts for us, and our impatience and frustrations at not being in the "know". just my 2 cents. I intend on resuming my patience. Like a chopping block, I can wait.

+1

Sure, and that's what some people said about tall hairy people living in the woods!!!! LOL

Guest craichead

I have a science background in my education and career. i can consider fringe topics and many things that could be improbable. But I can't consider things that are so fringe that they break basic laws of physics.

So by that I can find an interest in bigfoot -- I can't find an interest in the notion that the ancients generated power from pyramids and had anti-gravity technology. To me in the end, the fact that the ancients did the things they did without modern technology is incredible enough of a story.