The Ketchum Report

I did submit hair samples for which I elected anonymity. I did sign a chain of custody statement and was offered privacy and a choice to donate (or receive back) any remaining sample and I chose to donate. The submission agreement was short and sweet assigning the lab the right to analyze the sample and use the data for the study. I did not sign a "Nondisclosure Agreement" as such. I imagine b/c there is nothing for a submitter to disclose other than they submitted a sample and to say such publicly now is just one's choice, not much you can do with it, but hope!

I haven't a lot of hope for my sample, but took the opportunity as I have to believe many did. But, I will have no results, nor do I expect any personally, until his work is completed and published.

Testing is free, Dr. Sykes is a brilliant geneticist, and we are talking about BIGFOOT lol ...

I am thrilled to even be allowed this hope really!

As for other submissions I don't know....just the internet chatter we all read, perhaps Justin has sent a sample, and Rhett, and many others...I feel confident Dr. Sykes is so world renown and offering such an unprecedented opportunity to everyone that he shall succeed obtaining 20 samples of good quality/quantity and also provenance...and we shall hear something soon.... although I have some trepidation about the outcome for BFs...or even BFers!

Edited by apehuman

Just curious and thinking out loud, but at what point do the NDAs become null and void?

lol...some are "null and void" the minute they are signed for a variety of legal reasons, some become so over time because of behaviors of either party or outside events, and some have the term built in specifically...all though all are subject to certain standards developed in contract law and such...that make answering that question impossible...when is any contract null and void....? If a submitter/signer is having regrets or doubts now getting an opinion from an attorney is the obvious choice and cheaper than one might guess, but it's all about the particular facts of the document and the people and so on...

Cool apehuman.

Can you describe how you obtained your sample and why you felt it was of a BF?

Thanks.

If the sample is good that will be part of the submission, the specific event data you seek now, so I will refrain until he has results. If the sample is no good, no one will care..lol so it seems prudent to just wait anyway! As for just the general thread of my experiences I have posted here in Habituating Bigfoot the most.

Edited by apehuman

Yeah, NDA's are the new plausible deniability. Whenever things get too rough just fall back to the defensive position behind the wall of silence. In recent years we see BF research and NDA's go hand in hand, it wasn't always that way. They are now a running joke cited whenever someone stonewalls.

The only thing a NDA in BF research should be doing is protecting identities that want to remain anonymous and keeping research site(s) integrity.

Edited by Woodswalker

Guest OntarioSquatch

Mr. Cutino sent in a sample of Justin's steak to Brian Sykes and is expecting results in the future. The Olympic Project, TBRC, Rhettman Mullis all have samples sent to Oxford as well.

Guest spurfoot

It occurs to me that Ketchum and Sykes will attempt simultaneous publication as companion papers. It makes sense. If so, it also provides a guess as to the probable date: November.

Edited by spurfoot

Guest Transformer

I'm sure a world renowned geneticist like Dr. Sykes doesn't care a bit about what Dr. Ketchum does.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Staff Edit

Weren't you just talking about civility towards members in the Motivations thread? Dr Ketchum is a member.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Please don't quote the post directly preceding

That's one of the more dubious ( less informed). statements, I have read on this post.

Sykes is in this debate BECAUSE of Ketchum. Because, right Now, Science has to do something ... Sometime, or fall further on our academic face.. Bigfoot Science cant Live on skepticism alone .....That's what is so sad.. Skeptics and speculation, have slammed the scientific community door on any new or old Bigfoot evidence, and scores of encounters.....

Where oh where is a new Jane Goodall type ....... IN the scientific Bigfoot community ???? I guess, that person is Still buried in FEAR, of the speculative world of the skeptics....

Or more likely, hiding from them..

At this point, skepticism and/or speculation on any available, grasping straw is all the scientific academia, have left...

BTW, ..... Show me one scientific Academic study on Bigfoot as visible as the new Sykes study.

Now reason why it is so visible ....... IMHO, It is visible Only because the skeptical response is engrossed in defacing Ketchum.. And will embrace ANY scientific study hoping to beat her to the punch... (Jealously )

BTW she IS A Member of the Scientific community.. she is a professional scientist practicing and surviving in the Real world, not the tenured world of ego found in the Academic world... . Of. Course, That' might be one reason for the scorn.............. Professional jealously ... But never fear, She won't lose her position in the practicing veterinary scientific world ( or tenure) if she works on this Bigfoot project......

If she succeeds (watch out for November ...i'm just saying again ) she will embarrass the skeptical scientific community. Thats why Sykes is in this, he knows the results and will save face for the ( do no Bigfoot research) scientific world, and he will be part of the BIG SHEEEW ( as Ed would say ) ......... The scientific world is just grasping at any straw to try to enhance their ( our ) fragile ego... But Sykes knows the study is coming, AND her results....... " He ain't dumb ..... " this will be a BIG SHOW..........? He will back her play....

To this point, Sadly, The constant skeptical response to volumes of available Bigfoot evidence (that has been out there for centuries), has always been skeptical, skeptical skeptical ...

Where, oh where, is the scientific curiosity, when it comes to Bigfoot.... It happened for Gorillas.

Just think! Only Big-footers have been carrying the load until now. The world is at this point because of them,sad to say, not our academia persona....

The scientific academic world is Still lost, or hiding in fear, from skeptics and speculation., ( except for Sykes) .. I guess, that's all they (we) have left...

Leave it to a professional ( not tenured ) Scientist, ( out in the real world ) to find Bigfoot.... And finish the job. Sad to say, It's always been there for the taking..

Of course this is just my own speculative humble opinion... Lol...

BTW, IMHO. ............ "Book em Daniel" .........

Guest OntarioSquatch

Brian Sykes has been in close contact with one of Dr. Ketchum's sample submitters and other major Bigfooters and knows there is a discovery to be made. So he didn't randomly decide to take on this study :)

Edited by OntarioSquatch

QUOTE:

"To this point, Sadly, The constant skeptical response to volumes of available Bigfoot evidence (that has been out there for centuries), has always been skeptical, skeptical skeptical ...

Where, oh where, is the scientific curiosity, when it comes to Bigfoot.... It happened for Gorillas."

Sadly for many, it has been hoaxed right out of them. NOT saying anything to do with Ketchum. Just others who shall go unnamed here.

He is a famous guy, but he is basically following in her footsteps. At least his initiation of a similar study should give us all hope that hers is real enough to be imitated by the likes of him. And if she hits too many snags, maybe his will come through.

Brian Sykes has been in close contact with one of Dr. Ketchum's sample submitters and other major Bigfooters and knows there is a discovery to be made. So he didn't randomly decide to take on this study :)

Really? And which submitter might this be? This submitter couldn't have shared much information with Sykes without breaking the NDA, surely not sample results. Edited by squatting squatch

Give me a break..."volumes of available bigfoot evidence." Hiding under our noses, in a country of over 300+ million people, is a breeding population of 8 ft+ 600lb+ man apes. Yet we our unable to get 1 unambiguous photo? Do explain please.

Enough of this bashing science crap, there is no agenda, show proof and they willhappily look into it.

Edited by denialist