The Ketchum Report

Admin

and the you know who's...

• Upvote 1

I'm a little confused. How many here are honestly thinking this is great news? Are you at the point where you will politely tell your friends, who think you are crazy that this is about to prove that you are not crazy? I'm personally not feeling confident enough for that yet.

Am I the only one here that is thinking the same thing GuyinIndiana has posted? Am I just being too cautious and negative? I think it's great we finally got some news, but this doesn't seem like that great of news. It seems like Igor said something because he is frustrated that it has been denied. Also, haven't they been saying they can't say anything until it has been accepted, but now they are spilling the beans even though it hasn't been accepted?

Guest thermalman

This news is far superior than the many blobsquatches than a lot of people end up believing.

We've got reputation, research, technology and results. :) It's more than anyone on this forum can give us at the moment, or has in the past.

Edited by thermalman

Well, according to the blog of "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", who seems to also be he-who-is-right-more-often-than-not, at least the initial version of the paper didn't pass peer review because Ketchum apparently wandered into the territory of subjects that can't be discussed here. If "You-Know-Who" is on the right track, then if she self-censored as much as this forum does, and had real world "moderators" to keep her "on topic", then this would have been published long ago.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are rumours of human-sasquatch hybrid people living on native-american reservations. Rhettmann Mullis investigated that and might have found one or two people for Brian Sykes to analyze DNA from.

I'm a little confused. How many here are honestly thinking this is great news? Are you at the point where you will politely tell your friends, who think you are crazy that this is about to prove that you are not crazy? I'm personally not feeling confident enough for that yet.

Am I the only one here that is thinking the same thing GuyinIndiana has posted? Am I just being too cautious and negative? I think it's great we finally got some news, but this doesn't seem like that great of news. It seems like Igor said something because he is frustrated that it has been denied. Also, haven't they been saying they can't say anything until it has been accepted, but now they are spilling the beans even though it hasn't been accepted?

You aren't the only one wondering, my friend.

The total absence of mainstream science from the field means we're dealing with all amateurs. (Even the scientists with mainstream jobs paying the bills are amateurs when it comes to this.) This release has already been shoddy beyond belief, by scientific standards. And the problem with that is that the mainstream will sigh; say, sheesh, yet another circus; and back further away, even if there's worthwhile stuff in there somewhere.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but that's the way it looks at the moment.

For my money, watch the TBRC. They are where the sasquatch field is at right now.

Admin

I disagree. If they sequenced complete DNA from three samples as it is being claimed in the press release:

In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid

That is a complete sequence, mDNA + nuDNA, it is a game changer, pending peer review.

Edited by gigantor

Well, according to the blog of "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", who seems to also be he-who-is-right-more-often-than-not, at least the initial version of the paper didn't pass peer review because Ketchum apparently wandered into the territory of subjects that can't be discussed here. If "You-Know-Who" is on the right track, then if she self-censored as much as this forum does, and had real world "moderators" to keep her "on topic", then this would have been published long ago.

... too late to edit my post, but I wanted to add that if Ketchum publicly speculates about anything other than indisputable DNA test results, then she's going to be written off and portrayed as a kook no matter how good the science is. Metaphysics, stick structures, and habituation claims should not be on the table.

Edited by shoot1

I disagree. If they sequenced complete DNA from three samples as it is being claimed in the press release:

In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid

That is a complete sequence, mDNA + nuDNA, it is a game changer, pending peer review.

And no other studies coming up with different results. Do you think Sykes came to the same conclusion?

Edited by Woodswalker

Admin

And no other studies coming up with different results. Do you think Sykes came to the same conclusion?

No idea. We'll just have to wait and see.