The Ketchum Report

and there positive results are???

They published their research and it was accepted as sound although some question the genetic implications for actual interbreeding of Neandertal /Cro magnon. But for the most part, they all either established a new species or established their relationship to HSS through genetic research. The genetic research continues on the hobbit, but it's thought to be a new species of homo at this point.

Maybe you should stop engaging in "turf guarding".

Truth is not the exclusive province of "authorized" truth tellers.

The data's validity will rise or fall on it's own merit, not because of who prersents it.

Amazingly, I've seen you quote the research of these individuals that I've listed to suit your bias in various discussions on this forum. If the data ever sees the light of day as promised indeed it will either rise or fall on it's own merit, but based on your comment above, you don't sound particularly optimistic.

Ok, part of his thesis contradicts itself. On the one hand, he says the bodies were squirrled away to "preserve" the Ketchum Study...on the other hand, he says that it's a "race to be first". If the holder of the bodies wants to help Ketchum, why didn't they simply give the bodies TO Ketchum?

I'd ask on RL's blog, but I'm not sure I even want my IP addy anywhere near his stuff again...now he's changed physical rape to "mind rape" in regards to the "missing time" incident and Ketchum...

Someone please find this guy and slap some sense into him!

What's really annoying is that his description of the "scientific" reaction and attitude is very spot on...

He knows his reign of being the king of leaking sources, is about to abruptly end, and the end of RL in the Bigfoot blogging world.

That might be a bigger celebration than the published study !

Really - cause she spoke at his "Primal People conference" this year ---- and Melba did say she went to Arla's property.. LMAO. I am not going to argue with you - but apparently people don't keep track of the "goings on" and "who hangs out with who" on facebook.. LMAO. Like I said - rock on. :)

Melissa, I discussed this in length with Arla. Melba went WITH Arla to a property, but NOT her property.Oh, and Melba didn't come to the conference but did it by phone instead. Maybe the confusion was from the fact the phone conversation was not as clear. Of this I can absolutely verify and will if you want. Also, yes Melba told me the story as well on PM's on FB. I have that in her text to me and I can ask her to copy and paste if you want. I actually texted Arla prior to stating this to make sure she was OK with me setting the record straight. She said please do.

PM me if you want to discuss further. I can give you phone numbers to call and get the facts correct if you want.

Rock on! ;)

KB

• Upvote 3

Amazingly, I've seen you quote the research of these individuals that I've listed to suit your bias in various discussions on this forum. If the data ever sees the light of day as promised indeed it will either rise or fall on it's own merit, but based on your comment above, you don't sound particularly optimistic.

Frustrated is more like it. I've known for quite some time (because I was told by someone in the know) that Ketchum was very likely to have the DNA goods but write a crap paper around it. I was hoping I was wrong, but...

Guest VioletX

Frustrated is more like it. I've known for quite some time (because I was told by someone in the know) that Ketchum was very likely to have the DNA goods but write a crap paper around it. I was hoping I was wrong, but...

don't know the whole story Mulder, but, if it has had revisions etc. and is ready to publish can we be a little optimistic?

Greetings; I've not logged-in here in quite awhile.

I'm optimistic about the report. A short time ago I listened to in interview of Dr. Todd Disotell of Cornell University concerning the Ketchum press release. It was on the internet "Bigfoot Show," downloadable as an mp3 at http://is.gd/bfs043 or

http://www.bigfootproject.com/bfs/bfs_043_rss.mp3

. The hosts of the show seemed unnecessarily abusive toward Ketchum and repeated various spurious rumors about her, and I was not impressed by them. Disotell seemed reasonable and professional. He is very skeptical of Ketchum's claims, and explains why (science by press release, no previous published research papers, the difficulty of the experiments, etc.). But he makes quite clear that he really can't know whether her claims are valid without looking at her data -- in other words, her claims could be valid.

Disotell did say the alleged hybridization 15,000 years ago made no sense to him, but it was clear it made no sense to him because he assumed Ketchum was implying that a functioning hybrid animal could result from the mating of [a] humans who had crossed the Bering land bridge around 15,000 years ago with a highly divergent primate that had existed in North America from a far earlier time. If so, the two 'species' would necessarily have been too far apart, genetically. But Disotell apparently did not consider the possibility that the pre-hybrid Sasquatch came into North America at around the same time as the modern humans, and was therefore far more closely-related to modern humans. Jeff Meldrum has suggested Sasquatches and Yetis may be the same species (see the footprint comparison paper on his relic homonid site). So there is no reason to think the pre-hybrid sasquatch was isolated in North America starting several million years ago. Thus Disotell's criticism of the relatively recent hybridization ("makes no sense") is based on an unnecessary, and almost certainly incorrect, assumption. The hybridization could even have occurred in Asia, before the sasquatch migrated into North America.

Oh, and one other thing. Disotell made it clear that one can indeed determine that a new (or rather, previously unknown) species exists from its DNA alone, and one can tell approximately where on the family tree it should be located. That is exactly what happened in the case of the Denisova homonid -- all we have is a tooth, a bit of fingertip, and DNA.

Edited by Oak

This study is far from the same thing, comparing this to other research, is like comparing apples to hand grenades.

Lighten up. It. Was. A. Joke.

People are way too serious and uptight around here.

It pains me to say this, but RL has not exactly been wrong in all of this. In fact, he's the very reason for two of the longest threads on the first page; this and the Sierra Kills thread. Much of what he has said either panned out or at least prompted clarification, but either way he has actually been a... *gulp*... pretty reliable source in all of this.

Do I feel the need to take a shower every time I visit his blog? Of course. Is some of what he posts sensationalist crap just to drum up attention? Undoubtedly. But to me he has become the "Jose Conseco" of Bigfoot- the insufferable creep who turns out to be right for all the wrong reasons.

Why do I bother to post this? Because I believe he is RIGHT about the Sierra Kills bodies. Way back when this all started, it was because he reported that Ketchum was using DNA from two BODIES, then there was a huge scramble to correct that report, which was then replaced with the completely unbelievable story that they went back several weeks later and couldn't find the bodies, but found a nicely filleted slice of meet off the thigh. I could never quite buy that story, and now I am 100% sure they have the bodies. RL reported it, he has described Bobo's behavior exactly the same way I saw it, and Ketchum's behavior only makes sense if they have undeniable proof.

I believe there's a good chance we get the slam-dunk, all-inclusive, full-package Bigfoot report complete with HD footage, full DNA sequencing, and bodies. The only thing left to squabble over will be where he fits on the tree and whether Ketchum interpreted the DNA correctly, but the question of existence will be answered.

Knowers, I believe you are about to be vindicated; I certainly am rooting for you!

I also just caught the C2C clip from Sunday night with Paulides and George Knapp. Paulides indicated when asked for a timeline of publication- 7-10 days. Given the previous info when Sally was Melba's mouthpiece that it would publish on a Thursday, indications would be to publish tomorrow 11-29? Purely speculation. I am still skeptical this will publish. My tipping point to say "Bigfoot is 100% real" will be when it is the headline story on Drudge, local newspapers, major news outlets etc. Also noticed Knapp stated he is under Nda and can't reveal all he knows. I'm betting if it publishes it will be a foreign source. Anyone know what leading journals are in Europe?

Oh, and one other thing. Disotell made it clear that one can indeed determine that a new (or rather, previously unknown) species exists from its DNA alone, and one can tell approximately where on the family tree it should be located. That is exactly what happened in the case of the Denisova homonid -- all we have is a tooth, a bit of fingertip, and DNA.

Sure you can, by using the mtDNA alone, which is another reason the hybridization angle seems so unlikely. But as Disotell said, if the paper is ever published anywhere, be that a journal or in some self published format, we will have to see what she did to come to that conclusion.

Melissa, I discussed this in length with Arla. Melba went WITH Arla to a property, but NOT her property.Oh, and Melba didn't come to the conference but did it by phone instead. Maybe the confusion was from the fact the phone conversation was not as clear. Of this I can absolutely verify and will if you want. Also, yes Melba told me the story as well on PM's on FB. I have that in her text to me and I can ask her to copy and paste if you want. I actually texted Arla prior to stating this to make sure she was OK with me setting the record straight. She said please do.

PM me if you want to discuss further. I can give you phone numbers to call and get the facts correct if you want.

Rock on! ;)

KB

I stand corrected on the "Conference". When I am wrong I admit it. I forgot she phoned it in. I am not going to get into a back and forth about Melba and her "associates" - but suffice it to say - Melba uses specific verbiage - used by others - and that is NOT a coincidence. She admitted to "going to a property with Arla - but not her property," well see this is the problem. Most people would call that "semantics". If anyone thinks the people in the media are so slow they won't pick up on this stuff - you're just wrong. Do you honestly think Dr. Meldrum just pulled that comment about the "psychic conversations" out of the thin air? Heck no. I have known him for a long time - even if he is joking - there is a reason why he is saying it and that reason is most likely because the people Melba has chosen to surround herself with say these things - and I am betting Melba has too. When Melba first started her DNA work (sample collection process) Dr. Meldrum was firmly behind her and helping her get the word out.. Now all of the sudden people think for no apparent reason he is making these comments to out of simple jealousy? C'mon people. Dr, Meldrums area of expertise is in the anatomy. I could see where he might be miffed if someone beat him to the punch on that paper - but I really don't think he has a dog in the DNA fight - other than getting good solid results.

On another note we have this from the "spokesperson":

We did the press release due to a leak of information.,This was why we had no choice but to do the press release.

They had a choice. The choice was to remain quiet as others do when information is leaked. This statement in and of itself makes me think this was an organized "leak." Honestly I have never seen so many leaks coming out of a group of people who are doing work like this.

I guess we will see what happens next.

Incorrigible1 - as much as I would love to get into a conversation about what you just posted - I fear it would be the last thing I ever did on this forum... So, I will sit here and watch the fireworks others light off. LOL.

BFF Patron

I think it is possible it was a planned, leak-event. There was a point before 2013 where something has to be said to indicate things were still on-track was my interpretation. Guess we'll never know. So much of what is being dissected is being taken out of context to make very little of this discernible for the mass of people even interested in it.

I think it is possible it was a planned, leak-event. There was a point before 2013 where something has to be said to indicate things were still on-track was my interpretation. Guess we'll never know. So much of what is being dissected is being taken out of context to make very little of this discernible for the mass of people even interested in it.

Bipedalist, I'm thinking it was a planned leak also. That's why I said a couple days ago that her response was different compared to past leaks. Maybe this was essentially dipping a toe in to test the media waters and see responses? Maybe to get folks thinking about the "what if" it is real? Paulides indicated Igor wasn't part of the team. Maybe he is a pawn they are using here.