The Ketchum Report

It is not more efficient to create genes De novo than it is to repurpose what's already there. Epigenetics and microRna give a lot of flexibility to the already existing blueprint.

For any two similar ladders, how could you tell from looking at the blueprints that they were drafted by different designers?

I don't want anyone to mistake this for a personal attack, but there are certain clues in Ketchum's appearance that while she knows what she is doing in most respects, she has a tendency to overreach as she does it. The accurate yet not blended enough eyeshadow - and the lipliner going way way waaay over what is justified. Technique correct, scope not so much, determination nevertheless impressive.

It is going to be an interesting paper, and first, but I think Sykes' will be more on the money.

While I think your analogy is a huge overstretch, I can't deny that I suspect your conclusion may be correct.

Guest VioletX

Icicle...really?? This isn't the 1950's.

Btw, Icicle, I apologize if I sound harsh, I get the point you were trying to make. But Melba, (and if we are honest...other BF community women ...and men), has all ready been judged for her appearance and degraded in other ways leading up this and it could get worse for her.

For any two similar ladders, how could you tell from looking at the blueprints that they were drafted by different designers?

Nature works by trial and error, not some Gaia grand plan.

Guest thermalman

I don't want anyone to mistake this for a personal attack, but there are certain clues in Ketchum's appearance that while she knows what she is doing in most respects, she has a tendency to overreach as she does it. The accurate yet not blended enough eyeshadow - and the lipliner going way way waaay over what is justified. Technique correct, scope not so much, determination nevertheless impressive.

It is going to be an interesting paper, and first, but I think Sykes' will be more on the money.

WOW....!! Give me a BREAK! :o +1 Vx....No need to apologise.

Melba's appearance has nothing to do with her work! She's been doing DNA for 27 years. Post your picture, and let us judge your appearance. Sheesh.

Edited by thermalman

Guest slimwitless

I see Matt Moneymaker has resorted to tweeting about Ketchum's record with the extortion racket commonly known as the Better Business Bureau.

Btw, Icicle, I apologize if I sound harsh, I get the point you were trying to make. But Melba, (and if we are honest...other BF community women ...and men), has all ready been judged for her appearance and degraded in other ways leading up this and it could get worse for her.

But Disotell's funky hair shave gets a pass? Are women in science held to a separate standard? This isn't directed toward to you BTW Violet, I'm just throwing this out.

WOW....!! Give me a BREAK! Post your picture, and let us judge your appearance. Sheesh.

Agreed. Not only that, use of makeup varies by region in the U.S.

Guest BFSleuth

I concur. However, in interest of presenting herself in the best possible way it would help to avoid interviews with those damnable built in cameras on a computer (Skype in this case)... they rarely give a flattering angle and the lighting can be less than optimal...

But, that misses my point... What were their results when sequencing purported Sasquatch DNA?

"Contaminated, end of study.."

It seems that The Talking Points for the academic scientific community, is still the archaic "contaminated end of study".

BTW, what would their findings have been, IF they had received the same set of samples that Ketchum got...

Does Contaminated, end of study, ring a bell?

The techniques for removing contaminates are much better now and improving everyday. If they get a mitochondrial sequence, specifically the CO1 gene, that is used as a species identifier, then there would be a need to look further. I believe Melba felt that what she had was human with a certain SNP present that caught her attention. If you will refer back to the links I posted for SY there is plenty of discussion the GenBank web site why that is not reliable indicator of anything. If she ignored that flag then I wonder what else was overlooked when doing the nucLear DNA so my answer would be yes, I would have most definitely consulted those that were successful before in validating what I had, and she very well may have done that.

Edited by CTfoot

Nature works by trial and error, not some Gaia grand plan.

It's not an exact analogy, HODS, but the best I could come up with.

Better analogy, how could you tell from any given two copies of an identical blueprint that they were drawn in different ways? You couldn't.

Guest BFSleuth

I see Matt Moneymaker has resorted to tweeting about Ketchum's record with the extortion racket commonly known as the Better Business Bureau.

That's unfortunate. Rehashing issues with BBB complaints.... gahhhh!

Here's a quick fix.... google "Better Business Bureau scam" and see what you come up with, or better yet search this thread with that search term for links to some devastating news articles and videos regarding BBB practices (especially the 60 Minutes piece about "pay to play" for better ratings).

Guest thermalman

Another nut! Just because she has DNA and he has NOTHING! "Here squatchy, come here squatchy"...... :lol:

I sometimes wonder if his initials, MM actually stand for Mental Midget?

Edited by thermalman