The Ketchum Report

That's unfortunate. Rehashing issues with BBB complaints.... gahhhh!

Here's a quick fix.... google "Better Business Bureau scam" and see what you come up with, or better yet search this thread with that search term for links to some devastating news articles and videos regarding BBB practices (especially the 60 Minutes piece about "pay to play" for better ratings).

Moneymaker isn't the only one. The paleoanthropologist I mentioned several pages back is now flogging the BBB trouble since I proved he was wrong about the AFDAA and about claiming that her business did not exist.

ScienceCritic, on 27 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

and there positive results are???

They published their research and it was accepted as sound although some question the genetic implications for actual interbreeding of Neandertal /Cro magnon. But for the most part, they all either established a new species or established their relationship to HSS through genetic research. The genetic research continues on the hobbit, but it's thought to be a new species of homo at this point.

Very impressive, CTfoot, my hat is off to them, I love that type of work.....

But, that misses my point... What were their results when sequencing purported Sasquatch DNA?

"Contaminated, end of study.."

It seems that The Talking Points for the academic scientific community, is still the archaic "contaminated end of study".

BTW, what would their findings have been, IF they had received the same set of samples that Ketchum got...

Does Contaminated, end of study, ring a bell?

Sooooo, IMHO, how would they have been better choices?

Nuff Said

SC

If she decided to move forward past the mtDNA in nuclear DNA sequencing based on SNP. Then I have to wonder what interpretations she made based on these unique factors found in the nuclear DNA so yes, I would have asked for the experts listed in my above reply to validate my results, and she might have for all we know.

Edited by CTfoot

I see Matt Moneymaker has resorted to tweeting about Ketchum's record with the extortion racket commonly known as the Better Business Bureau.

If she beats him to the discovery of Bigfoot the next knocking sound you will hear in the woods won't be Moneymaker's bat against a tree but his head instead banging in frustration and grief.

Guest BFSleuth

Moneymaker isn't the only one. The paleoanthropologist I mentioned several pages back is now flogging the BBB trouble since I proved he was wrong about the AFDAA and about claiming that her business did not exist.

I've also seen that various news articles and blogs since Dr. Ketchum's press release have been rehashing the issue, likely as a result of extensive journalistic research by googling "Ketchum dna" or something along those professional lines. Any careful review of the BBB complaints vis a vis issues with patent claims and timing thereof can quickly find out the spate of complaints happened right around the time she had to start subcontracting work. Even a cursory review can ascertain that the spate of complaints quickly dried up to a trickle that is comparable with most any business.

Guest thermalman

If she beats him to the discovery of Bigfoot the next knocking sound you will hear in the woods won't be Moneymaker's bat against a tree but his head instead banging in frustration and grief.

I'd hate to see a healthy tree get hurt! :lol:

Guest gerrykleier

I've also seen that various news articles and blogs since Dr. Ketchum's press release have been rehashing the issue, likely as a result of extensive journalistic research by googling "Ketchum dna" or something along those professional lines. Any careful review of the BBB complaints vis a vis issues with patent claims and timing thereof can quickly find out the spate of complaints happened right around the time she had to start subcontracting work. Even a cursory review can ascertain that the spate of complaints quickly dried up to a trickle that is comparable with most any business.

I never heard anything good about the BBB from any businessman. It comes up rarely, but the reaction is always negative. They do try and get you to join and PAY!

GK

Edited by gerrykleier

Guest thermalman

I own two companies, and BBB is always after me to join. I do list with them, without the pay option, and am happy to say I have A+.....if that means anything to anyone. The pay option only gets you BBB accreditation. :)

Edited by thermalman

It's not an exact analogy, HODS, but the best I could come up with.

Better analogy, how could you tell from any given two copies of an identical blueprint that they were drawn in different ways? You couldn't.

Mulder, you've taken you point on such an esoteric route that I don't even know what talking about anymore.

And that the complaints were about timely delivery, NOT about the quality of the work.

Mulder, you've taken you point on such an esoteric route that I don't even know what talking about anymore.

It's not that esoteric. The point is that it is functionally impossible to determine if similarities in (to continue my example) the dna for bipedal adaptations are the result of being born from a biped of genus Homo or being born from a biped of some other genus, because the dna "blueprint" for bipedalism in primates would be the same due to the identical nature of their function.

So the presence of the bipedal gene sequence does NOT necessarily indicate that the creature is from genus Homo, as it can easily be from any other bipedal primate.

But, that misses my point... What were their results when sequencing purported Sasquatch DNA?

"Contaminated, end of study.."

It seems that The Talking Points for the academic scientific community, is still the archaic "contaminated end of study".

BTW, what would their findings have been, IF they had received the same set of samples that Ketchum got...

Does Contaminated, end of study, ring a bell?

The techniques for removing contaminates are much better now and improving everyday. If they get a mitochondrial sequence, specifically the CO1 gene, that is used as a species identifier, then there would be a need to look further. I believe Melba felt that what she had was human with a certain SNP present that caught her attention. If you will refer back to the links I posted for SY there is plenty of discussion the GenBank web site why that is not reliable indicator of anything. If she ignored that flag then I wonder what else was overlooked when doing the nucLear DNA so my answer would be yes, I would have most definitely consulted those that were successful before in validating what I had, and she very well may have done that.

I don't think it was just an SNP in mtDNA that got her looking at both parents of the samples CT. One of her first results for Paulides is a good clue IMO.