The Ketchum Report

Guest VioletX

I must have missed the chicken!!! Could you clue me in please?

It's soooo easy to get behind if you leave the computer for a few seconds.

I wasn't aware that that was allowed.

Seriously, if you are someone who knows interviews are coming and you don't want to be a part of it, then you hire a spokesperson, or team up with someone who will handle the PA/PR aspects of your release.

If you are going to make ANY appearance, you have to be prepared to do so. This means not only be prepared to speak about and knowledgeable of your subject, but you have to appear properly.

When I taught public speaking at Indiana University, appearance was one of the major factors that students were judged on. If someone does not appear to be what they state they are, then public perception will be off.

This is why MM now has a beard- he had a stylist tell him it owuld look better for his show, and the other characters on Finding Bigfoot all have the appearances they do- someone styles them that way.

It has been my experience, since I was at Hard Copy on, that many men and women involved in fringe areas, hell most people not involved in Media, do not know how to style or present themselves well.

I think what we are seeing that here. Public perception of this will be affected by the fact that some of the people involved are not well styled. This is already an uphill battle, I wish people would realize that and try to make a little effort to make certain aspects of it more acceptable to the masses.

St. G-

BFF Patron

Bipedalist, I'm thinking it was a planned leak also. That's why I said a couple days ago that her response was different compared to past leaks. Maybe this was essentially dipping a toe in to test the media waters and see responses? Maybe to get folks thinking about the "what if" it is real? Paulides indicated Igor wasn't part of the team. Maybe he is a pawn they are using here.

Paulides also did not identify Igor by name in his C2C talk of Nov 25 mentioning the leaker just said it was a Russian or words to that effect. I thought that was very respectful; and incidentally, also could have indicated even though not under NDA or part of the team, he (Igor) may have been part of a strategy. Just a hunch, little does it matter if she's got the goods and the ability to make sense of them in a write-up.

This is the last time I am going to say this. Her physical appearance on the video in question was the result of a series of deliberate, questionable, choices. That is, they are personality driven. Now, I know that ideally personality has no place in a scientific paper, but ask yourself why you think she was turned down by Nature. I can tell you right now. The conclusions drawn in her paper are not supported by her data. It is a faultline that runs all the way through. Am I surprised people's personalities show in both the image they choose to present to the world and the science they choose to present to the world? No. Should I be? I'd be more surprised if they didn't.

Wow such a bold statement by someone that probably doesn't have a preprint. Or do you?

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

snapback.pngicicle, on 28 November 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

It was decades ago and I hated modelling. It was the fastest way to get out of a one horse town in the post industrial north of england. Gave it up for more artistic pursuits soon as I could. It is soooo not my fault. <wail>

And now I've landed someplace full of forests. With things that lurk in them waiting to rip my head off. A little research seemed in order..

Get yr 75 posts, pay yer $20 and become a Premium Member.

You'd have fun in the Tar Pit.

GK

Man you had to go and butter that toast didn't you, :blink:

Edited by bipedalist

This thread is like a pit full of starving wolves, snarling and snapping at any and all possible data that comes from Dr. Ketchum. Sadly, the only "data" has been empty calories so we're all still starving.

This thread is like a pit full of starving wolves, snarling and snapping at any and all possible data that comes from Dr. Ketchum. Sadly, the only "data" has been empty calories so we're all still starving.

For all the opportunities threads like this may provide for discussing substantive topics, this is total sideshow until a refereed paper is available for all to read.

'icicle' wrote:

"Anyone who really feels the need to see what I look like can send me a PM and then friend me on Facebook".

Kinda busy with all this bigfoot stuff at the moment but thanks for the offer...

Edited by tuckybuzzard

This is the last time I am going to say this. Her physical appearance on the video in question was the result of a series of deliberate, questionable, choices. That is, they are personality driven. Now, I know that ideally personality has no place in a scientific paper, but ask yourself why you think she was turned down by Nature. I can tell you right now. The conclusions drawn in her paper are not supported by her data. It is a faultline that runs all the way through. Am I surprised people's personalities show in both the image they choose to present to the world and the science they choose to present to the world? No. Should I be? I'd be more surprised if they didn't.

Have you seen Disotell's mohawk? What does that tell you?

Guest slimwitless

That is the very opposite of the jist of it. Specially as Sally Army is almost required where I come from, for a scientist. Practically a uniform. As in look how poor I am. I must be really smart. Or something.

Sally Army? She was Ketchum's first publicist, right?

Am I the only person that finds all this enormously entertaining?

Have you seen Disotell's mohawk? What does that tell you?

It tells me that he, like Dr. Ketchum makes certain very definite choices regarding personal appearance. The difference is, I believe that he much better understands those choices and how they affect perceptions better than she does.

St. G-