The Ketchum Report

I agree with icicle and St. George.

IF I have something to say to the world, the facts in my message are

extremely important; but I have an opinion, a message of principle

as well. Why am I talking to the world? I want people to know the

facts of the matter and to agree with my principled conclusions.

I seek communication AND agreement.

My appearance and presentation are at least as important as my

message. For if people don't like how I look and sound, chances

are they won't even hear the facts I present, and they will not

agree with me.

i.e., They won't care if Bigfoot is real or if he's hunted with guns.

The persistent ridicule will continue.

You'd be disappointed if I did. I used to model for Elite when they were still Premier in London. I've also worked as a makeup artist. You really think people's appearance is totally divorced from their personality? If she was a dwarf, sure. Not her doing. If she had one leg, sure. Probably not her doing. Painting on lips that aren't there? Her doing. A deliberate choice.

If you make deliberate choices like that, you will make other deliberate choices like that. Her appearance is not the issue. Her judgement is the issue.

OMG, she may be on the cusp of the most significant primate discovery ever and you're judgment of her is completely focused on her lip gloss? Wow!

OMG, she may be on the cusp of the most significant primate discovery ever and you're judgment of her is completely focused on her lip gloss? Wow!

Perhaps we should wait and see if I'm wrong first. :)

Because when someone looks bad, and is representing the entire community, they make everyone look bad. When I worked for Hard Copy, we would almost always try and find the "worst looking" or as we called them "most newsworthy" subject to interview for various pieces. People want their stereotypes fulfilled, and if you hand them a slow ball, they are going to knock you out of the park.

This is part of why BF and other "fringey" areas of study aren't taken seriously. How many reports do I have to read where they talk about the upstanding character of the person being interviewed- they look clean cut, they are a policeman, or whatever. You never see a report that says "well Bob was dressed like a Pirate, and Sara was dressed like a Goth" taken seriously.

The hole anyone has to climb out of to get the world to take the study of Sasquatch seriously is deep enough as it is- there is no reason to dig the hole deeper right before you area about to try and climb out.

St. G-

Perhaps we should wait and see if I'm wrong first. :)

I will agree with you that looks do matter. When I boarding a 767, I wouldn't want a flight captain greeting me in tattered shorts, a mohawk, facial piercings and massive tats covering his forehead. It would make me seriously question his skills and be horribly uncomfortable on that flight.

Having said that I don't think the subleties of makeup rise to the same level. Hey, but that's just me.

Guest OntarioSquatch

My appearance and presentation are at least as important as my

message. For if people don't like how I look and sound, chances

are they won't even hear the facts I present, and they will not

agree with me.

i.e., They won't care if Bigfoot is real or if he's hunted with guns.

The persistent ridicule will continue.

Is this some kind of insecurity some of you have? If someone is disagreeing with you just because of your looks then chances are they were not after the facts to begin with. A science journal looking to make next big discovery won't turn down an amazing discovery because of someone's looks.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

^^Slimwitless...good point. The paper might have run into trouble due to too much lip liner.

Can we get OFF the subject of how she looked?? Really. Icicle, not to be harsh but go hang out on a modeling forum and talk about her choice of make-up there.

What a lucky lady getting all of these bigfoot DNA samples all over the United States. What's the difference between me and her or her and you? Even luckier then Patterson IMO.

I'm not saying she's a liar but, this girl can go anywhere and leave a "nutbar" out and bigfoot will eat it.

Edited by kampz

^^Slimwitless...good point. The paper might have run into trouble due to too much lip liner.

Can we get OFF the subject of how she looked?? Really. Icicle, not to be harsh but go hang out on a modeling forum and talk about her choice of make-up there.

Really, this is shameful...

^^Yes NGJ. I feel a high school type shudder through my spine as I read some of these posts.

I am pretty neutral on this whole thing till I see a PAPER but again, I think the interview she did on the Houston (?) station was very informative. She sounded confident at least. I hope she does more.

***Please remember that this thread is about the "Ketchum Report" and all associated material with its content. For those who really care about physical appearance; by all means, please feel free to start another thread--in the TAR PIT! This is the only Mod Statement I will give before handing out warning points. Thankyou for your cooperation!

Aaron