The Ketchum Report

Here is how I separate the legitimate sasquatch researchers from the illegitimate ones:

The legitimate ones don't care who makes the final confirmation happen, as long as it does.

The other ones...not so much.

I couldn't agree more! It's just too bad that the majority seems to have a self-serving intent with their research. I still think it's weird to be egotistical over BF research.

Guest BFSleuth

Lookup @MattMoneymaker1 on twitter.com.

Geez.... now he's accusing Bobo of being a hypocrite sometimes? My irony meter is twitching...

I have come to the conclusion it isn't just ego, but also money. They see the stakes in their personal life as extremely high, For some their entire life and employment. Others real hoped for riches/fame. They do rise to the top because they are motivated to do so. And for some well known the bullying tactics go largely unchecked because this is a subculture and almost invisible to the normal world (yeah many cheat, but in the larger society the checks and balances help us peeons). In the past (my view really short, under 10 years) the jockeying seemed to center around access to Meldrum or Money..in the form of Wally...

And that path, Wally's path, and the shifting alliances in his wake (or in $$ like a real TV show) are telling, to me anyway.

Matt Moneymaker has a long and public history on the internet (and here..lol) and it isn't pretty in any form IMO, and in some specific areas worse..outright, well....he's cooked IMO, it is just a matter of time.

He has people who love him, and support him, he's lucky. But, it seems he has many more hurt or angry in this community than most. And that is hard to do!

How about a "Knowing Bigfoot" show now....lose MM and Rene (no skeptics needed) and keep Bobo for Love and Cliff for sanity, add a NA for the anchoring to tradition and a Real Anthropologist for explaining modern methods.... the show could focus on "HOW" BFs live...and so on, rather than, "are they there?" Gee, they could even bring in some basic anthropology and cultural comparisons with our prehistory... I would watch that!

p.s. why I feel it isn't so simple to broadly brush us into motivations is because...at some level everyone involved is doing so for their benefit..whether b/c they Love BFs or Hate BFs...it's still about us IMO, and few are truly jumping the Homo sapiens ship to advocate solely for BFs.... it may appear some are altruistic, but hard to really accept that entirely, especially since I am not sure what response by us benefits BFs..or that we can actually pull off. ....we'll see

I am waiting for real anthro studies I guess....who are BFs? LOL

geez too many typos too many edits.. I need glasses and coffee!

Edited by apehuman

Guest BFSleuth

"Knowing Bigfoot".... I like the concept, +1 for that

It does seem to me that if Dr. Ketchum's paper does help establish the reality of BF's existence, then it would make perfect sense to move forward from whether BF exists to how it exists, and perhaps how modern science and popular media/culture got it wrong.

Guest slimwitless

Geez.... now he's accusing Bobo of being a hypocrite sometimes? My irony meter is twitching...

New Moneymaker tweets...

It's all fake. Her "team of scientists" doesn't exist

and

She has hired foreign immigrant scientists who come and go at her lab. No established, respected American scientists will endorse her claims

Guest BFSleuth

Where's the :facepalm: emoticon?

I notice that the Ketchum thread on the BFRO forum has been locked. Of course, they tend to lock most threads after about 25 posts anyway...

Edited by BFSleuth

New Moneymaker tweets...

It's all fake. Her "team of scientists" doesn't exist

and

She has hired foreign immigrant scientists who come and go at her lab. No established, respected American scientists will endorse her claims

"Foreign immigrant scientists."

If it will confirm the sasquatch, let's kick out all our scientists and import them all. For the past half-century, what the heck have our established, respected American scientists done in this field?

So the claims won't fly with Americans because "foreigners" made them.

Edith? I think we have the problem.

"Knowing Bigfoot".... I like the concept, +1 for that

It does seem to me that if Dr. Ketchum's paper does help establish the reality of BF's existence, then it would make perfect sense to move forward from whether BF exists to how it exists, and perhaps how modern science and popular media/culture got it wrong.

Good call, Bobo made a similar comment on Joe Rogan's podcast which I found interesting. Once this animal is proven to exist, someone will have to do a study on why we as a society consistently ignored and dismissed all the evidence we had in front of us, and try to figure out why we seemingly just outright REFUSED to believe it was out there. Right now it's all circumstantial, but after undeniable proof is obtained, all of that "circumstantial" evidence becomes a MOUNTAIN of evidence that we have had the whole time.

Good call, Bobo made a similar comment on Joe Rogan's podcast which I found interesting. Once this animal is proven to exist, someone will have to do a study on why we as a society consistently ignored and dismissed all the evidence we had in front of us, and try to figure out why we seemingly just outright REFUSED to believe it was out there. Right now it's all circumstantial, but after undeniable proof is obtained, all of that "circumstantial" evidence becomes a MOUNTAIN of evidence that we have had the whole time.

If I were where the mainstream is on this topic, simply worrying about that might turn me to actually examining the evidence.

He is rude, isn't he? I asked him on twitter to offer up some evidence that Ketchum is a fraud and he responded in part by going out of his way to insult me with a diminuative of my real name.

Edited by Mulder

No study needed. It's all about the "orthodoxy" of science by "consensus" where truth is a matter of whether or not people accept the evidence, rather than the evidence itself.

"Maintstream" science has a decidedly secular/materialist and experientialist world-view, which blinders it on a number of topics we can't discuss in the un-paid forum.

Early on I contacted a Stanford adjunct prof in psychology and myth (or something like that) asking why won't anyone look at my evidence? She referred me to Kathy Strain and didn't look at my evidence! LOL....Imagine she will be one of the first to do such an article.

Edited by apehuman

I don't think one should minimize that feeling, the insult intended, but rather identify it for what it is. It's classic MM IMO.

Personally, since he is in such a public position now (no longer just the BFers) his tweets (I don't follow, just what I see here or BE) are embarrassing as a "beeleever" and often aimed at silencing others, rather than engaging in mature discourse (and maybe even bordering on, what? the "foreign scientists" thing is startling) such as this poster points out, that might be in opposition to his views (or position)..

In this case Dr. Ketchum's claim of discovery and analysis of DNA is real news and the question valid, he could have been respectful...., I don't think we should silence people on the receiving end either.

. We'll see, I don't have a crystal ball,

lol edit vortex, time to go!

Edited by apehuman
to remove members personal information/name