The Ketchum Report

How many will argue if the are genetically human, to deny them rights is wrong? How do we draw that line? Well, its human, but it does not live in a house, so its an animal? I am not so sure that will fly, I suspect its more complicated than that, yes, lets stay grounded here, and not assume humanity is defined by social norms or conformity.

Let's just say that if Ketchum's claims pan out it will open a can of worms...

And, that's what people said when they found out Chimpanzees are so close to Humans - the only difference in their DNA is junk DNA.. Yet - they do not have Human Rights when in this country. Bigfoot will be treated no differently.

<p>

Constitutional rights.. Good luck with that. Hope she has a very good lawyer - which equals EXPENSIVE!! Wow. Seriously, good luck - but it won't happen and that I will bet my life on.

I think I predicted this about 5 years ago, she won't need a lawyer, what is science fact will ensure they already have it. They'll have rights, and probably a bit more than animal rights. Just leave the light on for them.

Guest slimwitless

The TBRC is actually seeing them, and they aren't noting this issue. I go with people that are actively seeing them over alleged bagel DNA.

There is no bagel DNA (alleged or otherwise). There is only lazy reporting and an alleged paper.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't know about constitutional rights, but a lot of their DNA does show modern human, which will really complicate things IMO.

Well - I hope you have a good insurance plan Southernyahoo - cause your head is gonna hurt when you hit the floor from holding your breath..

BUT - yes she will need a lawyer to get Bigfoot to fit into the constitutional protections. A constitutional lawyer at that. The Constitution would have to change (which requires an act of Congress and we know how quick they work) along with every law known to man, the judicial system, Law Enforcement and the Prison system. How do we arrest a Bigfoot if it kills a farmers pig or other livestock? Where do we hold it? Who will arrest it - the local dog catcher? Would you all want a bigfoot executed that killed a person - as is the law in many states?? Can you imagine being an inmate in a facility and having your cell buddy - be a Bigfoot? Well - you can't let a bigfoot get away with crimes we wouldn't let a person get away with..

Better think about this long and hard folks. But, still I wouldn't hold my breath.

Any wild animal that attacks a person is systematically dispatched.

Any domestic animal that attacks a person is most likely dispatched.

If a rogue BF was hurting people, it would be hunted down and killed.

There is no bagel DNA (alleged or otherwise). There is only lazy reporting and an alleged paper.

Maybe, which doesn't change my point, which is: people in the field going for documentation are experiencing these animals. That DNA can be anything at this point. I'd want to know what's showering my cabin with rocks.

Edited by DWA

Ever tried hunting down a bigfoot? Good luck. By the time you do - are you sure its the right one? How do you get close enough to find out? This is a person (hypothetically) remember... You can't just willy nilly shoot it. Humans are allowed their day in court. Boy - what a proceeding that would be.. LOL.

Also, if you give Bigfoot the rights of a human being - it must be able to understand those rights and responsibilities. Who will be responsible for that?

Oh and walk into a court of law and say "I speak bigfoot" - The judge will say "Prove it". You better be able to prove it or you may find yourself the recipient of a 5150 hold. LOL.

Edited by Melissa

Guest crabshack

She would have been better letting the data speak for itself, society and the government can and will work out laws if these things need protecting or not.

Besides humans have not had much luck in the last 200 years hunting for them, have they.

^^^^^^ Well I think the laws need to be strick enough to make killing one more of a hassle than paying a small fine.. Something like a $3000 fine, is nothing for eccentric millionaire big game hunter types.

Edited by HODS