The Ketchum Report

Makes sense. I've never seen a black animal other than a cow. ;^)

Amazing! That must be some kind of record.

Sasfooty, your Avatar is priceless.

Thank you , Spader. He is kinda cute isn't he?

Well, you'd think Dr. Fahrenbach would have a box or drawer full somewhere?

I think Dr. Farhenbach throws them in the trash if he thinks they are bear or bovine. You don't get samples back from him, so you don't send all you got.

I think Dr. Farhenbach throws them in the trash if he thinks they are bear or bovine. You don't get samples back from him, so you don't send all you got.

I read sometime back, perhaps four months or more, a small paragraph by Dr. Meldrum that Henner's hair collection was being turned over to him and they were working together to produce a more definitive article on those. I believe Henner is in his eighties, so it's time. I also believe I read somewhere that the "medulla" absence or presence was not entirely 100% predictive?

I read sometime back, perhaps four months or more, a small paragraph by Dr. Meldrum that Henner's hair collection was being turned over to him and they were working together to produce a more definitive article on those. I believe Henner is in his eighties, so it's time. I also believe I read somewhere that the "medulla" absence or presence was not entirely 100% predictive?

Yeah, I'd say your last sentence is acurate. In Farhenbachs defense, he has mentioned that some samples he wasn't sure about rsembled Bovine. I'm sure it was tough to abandon his gold standard.

Why don't you all make up your minds what you want????

All last week everybody was screaming because of the press release & how it could ruin the publication & damage the sterling reputation of the "bigfoot community". (What a joke!)

Now it sounds like you want her to just go ahead & release the paper, too.

I know this is coming in late by a few pages (man you all have been on fire this weekend) but this is what I get for not spending much time here over the weekend.

Well, I can't speak for everyone Sasfooty - But I don't think anyone involved in this very LONG conversation - ever said they didn't want this paper to be published. But, instead of hearing "in six-months" or "weeks" --- how about she just not say anything until the release has happened? That's supposed to be how it works anyway (with at least the large majority of Scientific Publications if not all) so I really don't think I'm out of line when I say that.

Melba can do one of two things with the comments being provided here (and elsewhere).

1. Ignore them.

2. Use these questions and comments as practice for what she is going to be up against.

I would love to see a paper about Bigfoot DNA be published and accepted by the scientific community - key word being - accepted. Her paper can be published - but not "accepted" by the scientific community. This isn't about the acceptance of Bigfooters - this paper is about the recognition and acceptance of the Scientific Community. So really what Bigfooters say about the paper is of no consequence to the Scientific outcome. But, I am also wise enough to know, with something like this, everything about her will be fair game for every media outlet and scientist that doesn't agree with her findings and would rather go on a personal attack. For those who think I am kidding - just look at what happened within the Scientific Community over "Global Warming"... Yikes. Not all scientific disagreements devolve into death threats (as is what happened with the Global Warming Scientific Community) but they do devolve into verbal fights that are not moderated by Administrators.. It's no holds barred - and you either can take it - or not. I hope she can take it. Remember she lit the fire when she put out that press release and ended it with Bigfoot should have Constitutional Rights. It is completely within her right to say whatever she wants in a press release - but it is also the right of everyone else in the world to make their own comments about her statement.

Do I agree with the things she posts in reference to Bigfoot in her back 40? Nope. But, she does not need my approval to do what she does. I don't agree with 90% of what she posts in reference to her own field work. I don't have to agree with her and she does not have to agree with me. But that does not mean I don't want her to publish this paper.. Heck, that's what people have been waiting for now for at least 4-5 years.. That's why this thread has 350 pages.

I plan on pacing myself. Why? Because even IF her paper is published - this is going to be a long and bumpy road. Her paper has nothing to do with the reputation of the Bigfoot Community - not yet. So either she is right - or she is wrong. We will find out - but it won't be with the publication of the paper - that is just the start of the drama for her. Honestly, I feel for her. I would not want to be in her shoes for any reason. She has a long road to hoe - and I wish her luck.

I should also add - it is possible to disagree with someone - and still respect them as a fellow human being.

Edited by Melissa

SSR Team

I think it was a joke Sas..;)

Thank you , Spader. He is kinda cute isn't he?

Looks like me 30-45 minutes after Thanksgiving dinner.

Now is the appropriate time for anyone who is sitting on unreleased evidence to bring it out in public. Ketchum is in the news, Sykes is on deck. Bigfoot has caught people's attention for the moment. If you know of any 'good' clear pics or footage (ahem, Sas, Melissa, KC, etc) bring 'em on and help the cause. It's now or never folks. Help with the cause if you can. (I wish I had something to contribute other than my opinion, but I've had not a sniff of strange activity or evidence near me). Quit bickering, come together in this moment and prove it.

Guest VioletX

I agree Hoosier...but I kind of doubt most of us here have any evidence that would be helpful, unless someone out there is sitting on something...; }

Any thoughts on when a journal would publish something like this. Would publishing close to the preliminary reveal be wise, to keep up interest or as damage control, or do you think they would want to get it in before the New Year or as the first Discovery of 2013?

Maybe the holiday season is not the best time, I really don't know...

Edited by VioletX

Now is the appropriate time for anyone who is sitting on unreleased evidence to bring it out in public. Ketchum is in the news, Sykes is on deck. Bigfoot has caught people's attention for the moment. If you know of any 'good' clear pics or footage (ahem, Sas, Melissa, KC, etc) bring 'em on and help the cause. It's now or never folks. Help with the cause if you can. (I wish I had something to contribute other than my opinion, but I've had not a sniff of strange activity or evidence near me). Quit bickering, come together in this moment and prove it.

Hello Hoosierfoot :)

I'm not bickering with anyone. I am a realist, however, and I know it's going to take much longer for scientists to "sign on" even IF the paper is published. As I said above I wish Melba all the best.

At this stage of the game - this isn't about photos or anything other than DNA.. There will never be a photo or video good enough to end this mystery (I hoped but there is that realist thing again..) this is why I am hoping for the best with the work of Melba Ketchum - and Dr. Sykes. That is where my hope is.

I am hoping the video Dr.K referenced is the same grooming video that knocked HRP off the fence. I have been wanting to see it myself.

Three complete genomes. Not rumor, fact. Confirmed by numerous labs. I am looking forward to the intelligent discussion that will result once the study is released. HD video will be the icing on the cake.

Where can i go to confirm this fact? Can you give me the names of the numerous labs. Simply saying "Not rumor, fact" does not make it a fact. It is still a rumor until it has been confirmed. As of today, no paper has been published. No test results can be verified. I am not saying that what you are saying is not true. I am saying that nothing has been "confirmed".

Dr. Ketchum told me directly that they had recieved the results from three nuDNA genome tests sooner than they had expected. The test results may have prompted a major re-write according to another source.

@ bigfootnis

I mentioned that George Noory, radio talk show host on coast to coast am,has signed an NDA and has seen the results, and i mentioned him because he is not in the study and has no interested other than his own curiosity.

there is a paper, it will publish, it just a matter of when and where.

Edited by zigoapex

Bobo said " a chunk from the leg"

Yeah, I just rechecked that video, and he said a chunk from the leg, and he made a slight hand gesture at his own leg when he said it. I'm not trying to confuse things, I'm just trying to figure out what is what with the story because between watching the various Bobo interviews on different TV shows, reading the various posts here and elsewhere, it's a bit hard to keep it all straight.

How would Bobo know it was a chunk from the leg, if all that was found was the "steak" or hide or skin or tissue that has been seen in photographs? How would he know it was leg and not back, or arm, or shoulder, or chest?