The Ketchum Report

Since Papers can be declined for ANY reason, it's lovely to see people jumping the gun and believing the national inquirer of bigfoot blog sites. Until such time as a statement is made by either the declining journal or Dr.Ketchum it's just more speculation.

If you believe the latest conjecture, then you have to give creedence to ALL the conjecture; you can't pick and choose. So if you believe the completely baseless rumor that the paper has been rejected, then you should also believe the completely baseless rumor that it had been turned in and returned for rewrites several times. Why would she be asked to rewrite it at all if the science was bad?

The only thing that's clear is that for some reason there are people who REALLY want Dr. Ketchum to fail.

Some of us are not on the facebook (shocking I know) could someone post the contents of Igors page

edit : its ok i found post 10767 thats good enough

Edited by Nakani

Another way of reading it is that there are people who REALLY want her to succeed given the credibility of the samples submitted, and that the lack of a successful result to date, the process followed, the public comments, etc. are causing great concern with her professionalism.

Actually, there are people who really want her to success for a great reason- they are certain they have seen something that changed their lives, and have been ridiculed ever since for it. Those people deserve vindication (if it is really out there). Taking shots at her "professionalism" is fairly baseless and low. We've seen shots taken at her professionalism, her looks, her business-management skills, her personal facebook page, etc, but no shots at her SCIENCE.

NiceguyJon,

Nobody has taken any shots at her "science" because nobody has ever seen her science. Taking shots at her looks is pretty low. But questioning professionalism and business skills is fair game. It's not a mystery how badly she has handled the Public Relations on all of this. Quite honestly I think that if the PR was handled better she might have had a better chance at getting it published. But we are where we are today partly because it wasn't.

As for the science who knows. Hopefully someday we'll see it. Then it can be judged on it's own merits.

As for the science who knows. Hopefully someday we'll see it. Then it can be judged on it's own merits.

A nice sentiment indeed, but this will be virtually impossible due to the hackjob that has been a complete success. It's one thing to question someone's professionalism and business skills, but to try to tie that in to what the quality of her scientific research may or may not yield is a dirty tactic and way too easy to do successfuly unfortunately. You can't deny that the ones slinging mud have made it very clear not that they think the paper will fail, but that they WANT the paper to fail, and are happily doing their part to make sure that happens.

It's ugly and it has no place in science.

Wow. I cannot believe Im actually back on the fence for if the paper is even in review or not, but Todd Disotell's comments were really disturbing.

The paper exists, Im like 90% sure of that based on everything I've seen up to this point, but if its not even being reviewed by a reputable journal, then this whole saga is completely bogus. Where all these people who've signed NDA's? If its going to be published in some Russian spoof science journal, then why the silence? No one's going to believe it anyways. Who are the other doctors working on this study? Why dont we even know any of their names?

Im going off the deep end here people, my faith is plummeting dramatically. I cant believe I told family/friends about this, I really should have known better considering the subject...

Guest VioletX

For the record :onthequiet: , the paper is still waiting to publish,( in the U.S)., nothing new has occurred except poor journalism, as usual.

edit to say: we should stop fretting and get on with the hated holiday shopping,lol

Edited by VioletX

For the record :onthequiet: , the paper is still waiting to publish,( in the U.S)., nothing new has occurred except poor journalism, as usual.

It is ?

Really ?

You know this how ?

edit to say: we should stop fretting and get on with the hated holiday shopping,lol

Violet - it's not poor journalism when it comes from someone who is on the inside and working with Melba.. Igor is the source for these latest comments. Igor said very clearly her paper was rejected here in the US - and he would be helping her publish in Russia, which makes sense - why else would she involve Igor - a Russian Scientist? Igor has been hinting at this since his first release of information about the study.

Guest VioletX

It is ?

Really ?

You know this how ?

Yes and yes.

Not trying to be coy, just being chill about this and also respectful of any info. I get , just letting you know that nothing if this sort has transpired.

I would re-read the article and see if you can see how Igor did not say this, he was not speaking of any current affairs and he did not say "rejected".

Violet - it's not poor journalism when it comes from someone who is on the inside and working with Melba.. Igor is the source for these latest comments. Igor said very clearly her paper was rejected here in the US - and he would be helping her publish in Russia, which makes sense - why else would she involve Igor - a Russian Scientist? Igor has been hinting at this since his first release of information about the study.

"Re the paper: the reviewed journals in the US refused to publish the paper. That is why Dr Ketchum has sent it to me to arrange publishing in any Russian reviewd journal. And I showed to our genetisits and understood that it was a serious work. I gave it up to the journal, now it's under reviewing."

Thanks Melissa,

To the best of my knowledge this is Burtsev describing what led up to trying to publish in Russia. It is easy to read into this that he is talking about something that happened recently.