The Ketchum Report

Guest Particle Noun

Masterbarber, I can't because it's from the closed Sasquatch Protection group, but Robin did give permission to quote her from that page. I realize that is awkward, but it is direct from the source.

Edited by Particle Noun

From Robin Lynne:

"In regards to what is being said . The only thing that happened with the paper was at one time it was sent back rejected pending revisions. They didnt even read it all. this is a long paper 50 pages. This is what Igor is referring to The REVISIONS HAVE BEEN DONE AND THE JOURNAL HAS THEM NOW. They are now reading the paper. I have read the paper myself it is very indepth. and long. Extremely scientific. This is why it is talking so long. This is what Igor is referring to. In Russia they very much believe in the forest people . That is why it is also in review there. It is being reviewed in the U.S. as well as Russia. The large amount of information takes alot of time to be though. Also this is a topic never been done before. All this adds up to taking alot longer to approve."

Don't you find statements like "Extremely scientific" and "In Russia they very much believe in the forest people" totally out of sync with reality? Scientific IS scientific. It either is or isn't... right? It feels like more of an excuse than a reason.

I'm just glad she didn't say, "In RUSSIA, Forest People believe in YOU!" - (poorly performed Smirnoff impression....)

Guest VioletX

And you both failed to list a source or link

Sorry I meant to edit that it in but when I saw I had posted it after Particle Noun I did not go back. It is from the Sasquatch Preservation, but since that is a private group I doubt the link will work .Thanks

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove double-quoted content

To quote Ridley....

"This news will, of course, lead to an uprising of conspiracy theories about the bias of mainstream science. While I have no doubt that a majority of the scientific community thinks the subject of Bigfoot is silly, no reasonable scientist is biased against solid research based on sound scientific principles. At this point, we must all assume that the paper is not worthy of publication."

Seems like there could be another point being made for consideration........

Remember you have read that Sykes has encountered problems and is behind in his report .......

A delaying tactic ( another revision of the paper ) will allow Sykes ( main stream academic type ) to rescue the Academic side, with a coup, letting Academia claim victory over "those outside the mainstream Scientists" And the right to name the new species...

EDITED TO ADD LINK: http://rwridley.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/there-is-no-bigfoot/

Regards,

mb

Thank you, guy. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thinks 'forest people' is an odd way to reference them. Things like that would definitely put people off.

Admin

Masterbarber, I can't because it's from the closed Sasquatch Protection group, but Robin did give permission to quote her from that page. I realize that is awkward, but it is direct from the source.

That's fine, just a notation of some sort so it doesn't appear as though this stuff is coming out of thin air......

Guest poignant

Thank you, guy. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thinks 'forest people' is an odd way to reference them. Things like that would definitely put people off.

The euphemism soon becomes a dysphemism.

I have suggested paene/prope-human from the latin meanings for 'almost or near'. :)

Edited by poignant

Guest Particle Noun

That's fine, just a notation of some sort so it doesn't appear as though this stuff is coming out of thin air......

Totally, I dropped the ball on that one, sorry.

So are the conspiracy theories gonna start now. I'm sure that's why its going to be published in Russia, because of those mean, evil American scientists poo-pooed it. It had nothing to do with her results, interpretations or methods.

From Robin Lynne:

...the forest people...

Am I the only one that cringes when they use this term? I realize Bigfoot isn't much better, but 'forest people?' It's a little too new age-y for me.

Guest VioletX

That's what happens when....

Let the cryin begin :(

When you put your eggs in 2 baskets they are easier to carry and you can take them across the ocean ; }