The Ketchum Report

I can see the potential for a good outcome...Perhaps we should begin to anticipate that there is MORE work to be done, however the Ketchum Report goes. Accept that it will need supporting evidence for wider publicacceptance. Continue to build an evidence set that DOES get broader, every year...In spite of hoaxing, and motives. The ACTUAL evidence gets better and better...Go look at the 'Brown Footage' thread, if you don't believe me

This is just the beginning indeed. If/when this report comes through, it still has to be duplicated and there is still Sykes to recon with. One report won't change everyone's minds, not even most.

I already did ( http://bigfootforums...950#entry665003 ) and you tried to blow it off.

You said>>

So what is so ludicrous about there being another hominid species out there as yet undocumented? We only documented Floresiensis a few years ago, and it too existed within the last 15,000 years.

Read my lips>>>

You can't have a human breeding with such a DIVERGENT *UNKNOWN* and have FERTILE offspring...let alone a species that originates15000 years ago.

BTW>>

READ MY LIPS AGAIN>>>

Homo floresiensis ("Flores Man", nicknamed "hobbit" and "Flo") is a possible species, now extinct, in the genus Homo. The remains were discovered in 2003 on the island of Flores in Indonesia. Partial skeletons of nine individuals have been recovered, including one complete cranium (skull).[1][2] These remains have been the subject of intense research to determine whether they represent a species distinct from modern humans, and the progress of this scientific controversy has been closely followed by the news media at large. This hominin is remarkable for its small body and brain and for its survival until relatively recent times (possibly as recently as 12,000 years ago).[3] Recovered alongside the skeletal remains were stone tools from archaeological horizons ranging from 94,000 to 13,000 years ago.

Edited by ronn1

Guest slimwitless

You said>>

So what is so ludicrous about there being another hominid species out there as yet undocumented? We only documented Floresiensis a few years ago, and it too existed within the last 15,000 years.

Read my lips>>>

You can't have a human breeding with such a DIVERGENT *UNKNOWN* and have FERTILE offspring...let alone a species that originates15000 years ago.

Uh...until a few years ago Denisovans were unknown. A small percentage of the DNA of Melanesians and Australian Aborigines comes from Denisovans.

Uh...until a few years ago Denisovans were unknown. A small percentage of the DNA of Melanesians and Australian Aborigines comes from Denisovans.

Did they *ORIGINATE* 15000 years ago????

Guest slimwitless

Did they *ORIGINATE* 15000 years ago????

She said the paternal species was more distantly removed from humans than Denisovan or Neanderthal suggesting it is far older than 15,000 years.

She said the paternal species was more distantly removed from humans than Denisovan or Neanderthal suggesting it is far older than 15,000 years.

Yes...but she suggested that BF originated 15K years ago..preposterous.

And any mating between two hominids is likely going to be fertile, otherwise we wouldn't have Neanderthan and Denisovan genes in the HSS genome.

Why?

The only thing we DO know is this is now quite a mess.

Even with a family emergency. She should have known to hold her tongue until the could focus on the problem at hand. First Impressions count. Now it's just dragging on.

Lastly, I have followed the comments of those who claim to be 'in the know' with great interest, as it seems at least some of them were in the know. I wonder if it is time for those people to reflect on whether what they BELIEVE they know about what is going on is actually true. I don't mean in the sense that they are unwitting dupes in a scam, but they have placed their trust in people and it's possible those people have misspoken perhaps with the best of intentions. Respectfully, as I do have a certain amount of self conscious blind faith in those in the know, I think it is time for you all to put up or shut up. I don't think you should be running interference for Dr K etc anymore, especially if you were never asked to. I think it is up to her to clarify things. If you can't tell us WHAT you know or WHO told you or HOW you know, you should zip your lips. Let the study stand or fall without your help.You only muddy the waters anymore. And if you don't like the way things are going, turn and put pressure on Ketchum to stand and deliver. Strong words, I'm sorry to say, but I think it has simply come to that point.

GK

And if she didn't answer, the statements would have been taken as fact.In today's fast paced media, if something isn't rebutted with in hours, it's taken as the rumor or misinformation is true.

She cant deliver what they are still reviewing, that would be extremely pointless.

The sad part is that most of the critics are BF believers themselves, they are the ones truly muddling the waters.

She is the only one that has an extensive array of samples, test results, and data analysis, accompanying hers claims.

Read my lips>>>

BTW>>

READ MY LIPS AGAIN>>>

Sense we can not see your lips, we had a really hard time the 1st time, never mind a second time.

Edited by zigoapex

when this all said and done, what do you think the chances will be that she would receive formal apologies ?

I will go on the BFF record and say if turned out to be a flop, I will video myself eating crow(well at least a chicken wearing a crow's disguise)

This was posted on melba's FB From Sally ---- Peer Review and Paper Publication Process

https://www.facebook...359075637446173

I predict great Rebuttal...

yummy...

Guest thermalman

Quote: "You can't have a human breeding with such a DIVERGENT *UNKNOWN* and have FERTILE offspring...let alone a species that originates15000 years ago."

I would agree with that statement. If the unknown has 23 pairs of genes like humans, then it is possible. No?

Edited by thermalman

^^Link not working...

I have to also point out that ronn1 is continuing to misquote Ketchum by omitting the word "hominid" after the word "unknown". There is nothing impossible about two closely related hominids producing viable offspring.

ronn1 seems to think that speciation has come to a halt, when nothing is further from the truth. The natural process of development doesn't stop short of 100% extinction of all life.

If you want a VERY recent incident that may be explainable by speciation, I would refer you to the changes in the components of rattlesnake venom in the western US that may be the result of hybridization of two or more species of existing breeds.

Edited by Mulder

Quote: "You can't have a human breeding with such a DIVERGENT *UNKNOWN* and have FERTILE offspring...let alone a species that originates15000 years ago."

I would agree with that statement. If the unknown has 23 pairs of genes like humans, then it is possible. No?

23 pairs of CHROMOSOMES... :drag:

Why?

Mulder,

Did you even bother to listen to Disotell's podcast on this subject? He gets into exactly what you are asking about.

15,000 years ago in evolutionary time is really not long ago.

Edited by rockiessquatching