The Ketchum Report

this was posted on BFE quoting RL. Of coarse it has to be taken with at least 40 to 50 grains of salt.

But it would be a good thing.

Just to clear the air..

the REAL problem with all this is>>

There was NO OTHER creature OTHER than MAN 15K years ago. By that we mean....no other HOMINID ..no other UNKNOWN species capable of mating with a human and producing FERTILE offspring. The only OTHER demonstrable hominid capable of this vanished 30K years ago>>>

NEANDER.

Edited by ronn1

Guest thermalman

Just to clear the air..

the REAL problem with all this is>>

There was NO OTHER creature OTHER than MAN 15K years ago. By that we mean....no other HOMINID ..no other UNKNOWN species capable of mating with a human and producing FERTILE offspring. The only OTHER demonstrable hominid capable of this vanished 30K years ago>>>

NEANDER.

Were you there? Or how do you know this as fact? Some type of report written on stone?

Edited by thermalman

Were you there? Or how do you know this as fact? Some type of report written on stone?

I hope this doesn't sound too condescending>>>

trust me on this one. We know to a CERTAINTY that modern man has lived with NO OTHERS for almost 30,000 years! (other than this *hobbit thing* isolated in Indonesia and the jury is still out...but it was *gone* over 15k years ago.. people here try and use this as a counter argument>>FAIL). YES...30,000 years!!! There is ZERO..ZIP...NADA..evidence of ANYTHING co-existing with humans since then..let alone >>>

AN UNKNOWN...NOT RELATED TO MAN ..MORE DISTANT THAN NEANDER...who>>

SUCESSFULLY MATED WITH>>>AND HAD FERTILE OFFSPRING WITH>>US>>>>15K years ago???

Edited by ronn1

Guest thermalman

trust me on this one. We know to a CERTAINTY that modern man has lived with NO OTHERS for almost 30,000 years! (other than this *hobbit thing* isolated in Indonesia and the jury is still out...but it was *gone* over 15k years ago.. people here try and use this as a counter argument>>FAIL). YES...30,000 years!!! There is ZERO..ZIP...NADA..evidence of ANYTHING co-existing with humans since then..let alone >>>

SUCESSFULLY MATED WITH>>>AND HAD FERTILE OFFSPRING WITH>>US!!!

No offense, but I think I'll go with Ketchum's report on this one,........ nice try though. I know one thing for sure, I'm related to man! BTW, who did the peer review back then? :)

Edited by thermalman

Guest crabshack

There was NO OTHER creature OTHER than MAN 15K years ago. By that we mean....no other HOMINID ..no other UNKNOWN species capable of mating with a human and producing FERTILE offspring.

Your still thinking inside a box.

What if the dna data really shows a "wow, just what is that"?

AHH...

What IF...

Let me just say this folks..

I'm on your side as far as this creature living among us..

but...I won't put up with smoke and mirrors being passed off as science. Not going there and it's really counter to advancing further research.

SUCESSFULLY MATED WITH>>>AND HAD FERTILE OFFSPRING WITH>>US>>>>15K years ago???

You lost me at 'know to a certainty'. I'm just curious how you know this?

Guest slimwitless

I'm confused. You've been saying Ketchum is wrong because there's no evidence of near-human primates living alongside us 15,000 years ago. Now you're saying there's one living among us now? That doesn't make sense. Are you saying it's not near-human?

Edited by slimwitless

Guest thermalman

AHH...

What IF...

Let me just say this folks..

but...I won't put up with smoke and mirrors being passed off as science. Not going there and it's really counter to advancing further research.

The only smoke and mirrors in this topic are from......hmmmmm YOU. Ketchum has a report and results you cannot refute, because you've never seen it, and I would emphatically state that not many on BFF would be able to understand what is on the report, including me & YOU. Your junk science is NO match for a reputable career DNA scientist.

If you say you believe that this creature lives among us now, but is not documented, then how can we know for a fact that there wasn't another species 15,000 years ago that may possibly have been just as unknown?

Guest thermalman

Because of peer review..........as noted on a stone tablet that has yet to be brought forth, .....is my best guess? ;)

Edited by thermalman

If you say you believe that this creature lives among us now, but is not documented, then how can we know for a fact that there wasn't another species 15,000 years ago that may possibly have been just as unknown?

You're missing the point...

I'm contesting the Ketcham study..not the fact that BF lives.

We don't KNOW it's evolutionary genesis...it certainly (at least in my mind) didn't result from a copulation between a human and an *UNKNOWN*

15K years ago. My take...it has been around MUCH LONGER and has co-existed with man for at least 100K years. Of course..we have no evidence of that either.