The Ketchum Report

If a "human" female entered her menstrual period, it is quite conceivable (to me, anyway) that male "humans", could smell/sense that (pheromones), and attempt to mate with said female.

Did you read Them and Us? Vendramini talks about this aspect of his Neanderthal Predation theory and suggests this is possibly why women's cycle's seem to sync up when they are in groups. (ie: safety in numbers)

Ron Morehead mentioned in the Voices book that the one time his daughter saw a Bigfoot in the Sierra camp was when she was menstruating.

Edited by rockiessquatching

Guest BFSleuth

Concerning the Press Release, I think that the "15,000-year" threshold was a mistake. I think that what they meant to say was, "as recently as 15,000 years". That makes more sense to me than, "it happened 15,000 years ago" (quotations for emphasis, not for quoting exact wording). The hybridization could have happened further back in time than 15,000 years.

While the hybridization could have happened further back than 15,000 years ago, it did clearly state in the press release the event was no more than 15,000 years ago. I'm not clear on exactly how one arrives at dates using DNA, but I know that it has to do with estimating based on numbers of generations and mutations through those generations. This aspect of the paper will be a focus of discussion.

Isn't the synchronization of periods a myth?.

Nope. I've seen it happen when we used to rent beach houses for the summer with a bunch of guys and girls. This also led to random once a month episodes of synchronized drunk crying.

That's the paradox the study is left with. They are also boxed in around 15K years as well...so we also have the conumdrum of comming up with an *UNKNOWN* unrelated to Neander and more archaic. As a result..those here who still want to believe in all this find themselves *fishing* for anything (The Hobbit) that will give them a life line to keep the study viable by having us buy into the existance of a FAR removed hominid co-existing with humans at 15K (and>>> MATING with a human). Unless Ketcham shifts her position on this (and provides the data), this study is DEAD in the water.

You can't change positions if the data doesn't allow it. Your arguments suggest we must have prior knowledge of bigfoot to accept it's existence now. This is demonstrably not how science works. we accept what we cannot disprove using evidence and data, not the absence of it.

Nope. I've seen it happen when we used to rent beach houses for the summer with a bunch of guys and girls. This also led to random once a month episodes of synchronized drunk crying.

I'd be very interested if you would explain what you mean by "drunk crying?" This must be some new scientific study or did you just now think that up?

I am not sure it's been peer reviewed but trust me. It exists. I've seen it. It's not pretty. It invokes such a fear response in men that they collectively flee for the safety of the nearest alcohol serving establishment.

Ketchum just did an interview on the local radio here (QR77 Calgary - Dave Rutherford Show). She sounded pretty confident and was talking weeks. I only got to focus in on a part of it because I'm at my desk and the phone took my attention away for half of it. If they have a podcast I will post the link. As skeptical as I am about the whole thing, from what I did hear, she did peak my interest and made the old believer in me perk up just a tiny tiny bit.

Guest VioletX

Ketchum just did an interview on the local radio here (QR77 Calgary - Dave Rutherford Show). She sounded pretty confident and was talking weeks. I only got to focus in on a part of it because I'm at my desk and the phone took my attention away for half of it. If they have a podcast I will post the link. As skeptical as I am about the whole thing, from what I did hear, she did peak my interest and made the old believer in me perk up just a tiny tiny bit.

Yes, please post the link if you don't mind-thanks!

Edited by VioletX

Ron Morehead mentioned in the Voices book that the one time his daughter saw a Bigfoot in the Sierra camp was when she was menstruating.

Well, maybe it's not a specific thing with female hormones, but a general thing?. In 2010 when my daughter was 36+ weeks pregnant (and went on to deliver 2 weeks later) and with me in camp, we had two close approaches... one each evening. The second one brought it within 15' of the camper about 2am, only to leave handprints on her car windows like it was leaning down on the glass to look in.

We tried an experiment this summer by hanging a shirt and pant from a 8 month pregnant woman in camp, and one of those nights we had one of our best "displays" of attitude we've had in some time. I don't know WHAT they really can sense or smell, but maybe they can? I'm hoping to repeat that experiment next spring or summer if at all possible.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

Yes, please post the link if you don't mind-thanks!

Doesn't look like he has a podcast of his show but they do have what they call an audio vault which I think allows you to pick a time and listen to it. Never tried it and today's content is not up yet, but when it is up just look for Dec 10 between 11:30 and noon, she was on during that time. Link below. Hope that helps, enjoy.

http://www.qr77.com/news/audiovault/

"Audio for a specific hour will not be available until 20 minutes following its broadcast."

Edited by summitwalker

I think that one thing people are forgetting is that, even as recently as 15,000 years ago, we were still "animals". We did not have the same thought processes as we do today. If a "human" female entered her menstrual period, it is quite conceivable (to me, anyway) that male "humans", could smell/sense that (pheromones), and attempt to mate with said female. In that case, you're going to have cross (or hybrid) fertilization. In other words, if it walks on two legs, it's mate-able. I don't think think they cared if the female was from the same tribe, or looked like them. If they could sense/smell that the female was in her period of fertility, then they could mate with her. Survival meant propagation of the species.

Take lions and tigers, for example. Both are solitary felines, However, we have "Ligers". A cross between both animals. Why? Because they are both "felines". They didn't just walk up to each other and say, "Hey, you're kinda sexy", and one thing led to another. One feline sensed that the other was "in heat", and they did what comes naturally.

Concerning the Press Release, I think that the "15,000-year" threshold was a mistake. I think that what they meant to say was, "as recently as 15,000 years". That makes more sense to me than, "it happened 15,000 years ago" (quotations for emphasis, not for quoting exact wording). The hybridization could have happened further back in time than 15,000 years.

A few years ago there was a program on TV that was describing the human sexual attraction. It was stated that we still process the abilities to find a mate (not so much for physical attraction) but for the type of pheromones that each give off. That particular pheromone attracting is like a magnetic south and north pole....it only fits that one couple. The show went on to say that we mask our pheromones now with the commercially available anti-odor products. These products have caused us to come out of our stone age cave dwelling days, and we're missing out on many more potential encounters of interest.

....just a side note here for the still single crowd. I've tried this and it works.....works very well... There are still some products that are made up of the human pheromones. It is said use these and you will become like a magnet.

And they do. I found away back then to even enhance the environment (my apartment/house)...just put a few drops on a light bulb. Then when you....if lucky get a potential interest back to your pad....strickly for a game of chest, no, no I mean.....a cup of coffee. Turn that light on. See what happens.

....ol, been married now for 20 years. And If I get interested in swinging from the ceiling lights....and being met with some resistance.....the trick still works with the light bulb. She's never caught on. :music:

Guest VioletX

Doesn't look like he has a podcast of his show but they do have what they call an audio vault which I think allows you to pick a time and listen to it. Never tried it and today's content is not up yet, but when it is up just look for Dec 10 between 11:30 and noon, she was on during that time. Link below. Hope that helps, enjoy.

http://www.qr77.com/news/audiovault/

"Audio for a specific hour will not be available until 20 minutes following its broadcast."

hey thanks Summit Walker ; )