The Ketchum Report

I do not know Melba Ketchum, and about 99% of what I do know about her is what I've read or heard from somebody else. With that being said, concerning her work, I feel it is purposefully misleading and it has an agenda.

First you admit you do not know her, only of or what is said about her, then you accuse her of some sort of skullduggery and/or fraud?

Am I the only person not to get that is improper?

First of all if her sample isn't that of a bear and that of a human? Then what happened to the hybridization theory? And if it is a bear? Then why the smoke and mirrors?

You are carrying on like the Smeja sample is the only sample in the study. It is not. Further, no one (that I know of has) yet ponied up ANY evidence that she has said that Smeja's sample was one of the "unknown" result samples.

She obviously wasn't all that interested in following scientific protocol concerning how her paper was published. And seemed to go for the lime light style of press release.

She was very interested and stuck to her "don't talk about the details" guns until Igor forced her hand.

People yelled and screamed about "lacking transparency" and "why won't she talk about her results" when she said nothing. Now you're yelling and screaming because she did say something...

You can't have it both ways, Norseman.

Also isn't this Dr. Igor so and so the same guy that stayed with that family that claimed they had Fox and family living in their back yard? And doesn't Ketchum also claim many many habituation experiences?

Irrelevant to the science of the study. Not even thinly veiled argument from credulity and ad hom.

Is it just me or does any one else see an agenda taking shape here?

Yes, I see your agenda quite clearly: you want one shot and have no interest in non-lethal means of species verification.

Yanno I'm a pretty loud pro kill proponent on this forum, but I'll gladly park my rifle if she has some evidence to back up her claims.......I don't care if it's human, proto human or ape.

You've spent many many posts saying just the opposite...which is it going to be?

Honestly somebody should do a study about why the topic of BF brings out these traits in such abundance?

And I think you should add:

egos

insanity

deception

The community reminds me of this classic:

Guest Theagenes

GJ, I know but there is nothing inconclusive at all about the Trent U. report. His comparing MK's full genome sequencing with it doesn't make sense. If the mDNA comes back bear then it's bear. Doing a full genome sequence makes no sense. His comments are just cheerleading and mean nothing.

October, 2010:

Dave Paulides and Melba Ketchum appear on Bigfoot Busters on Blogtalk Radio.

Dr. Ketchum says her paper is in peer review and is asked if she will go "around them" [the scientific journal peer reviewers] if necessary.

"Well, that's what we'll do if we get any trouble out of the bigger publications, we'll go to a smaller one if we have to., until somebody slips up and is actually open-minded. And I've got the name of somebody who's open-minded with a good journal that will be our second step if the first one doesn't go through quickly."

I wonder which step she's on now.

Guest gerrykleier

From Dr Ketchum:

In regards to information concerning Justin Smeja's samples. We are not concerned and have no comment. We are confident in the samples we used. We have nothing to say on others samples, we have not worked with.

https://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum

Seems straightforward in at least one sense-she still is in the game!

Well, if she sent the samples out to independent labs for sequencing this shouldn't be a problem. Is it also possible that she did identify this as bear and that is what led to her and Justin falling out?

I think it's close to impossible to think she would identify a piece of bear meat as Human or any kind of primate. Same with other other labs. Either Justin sent her a piece from a different animal or she was onto him right away.

There could be other interpretations-mostly having to do with scams and hoaxes, but I think those very unlikely.

Still in the game!

GK

Fwiw: on July 24th Melba Ketchum immediately said she thought that particular photo of the “steak†could not be from a Sasquatch:

“…Those pics are not real either, it looks like the hair is mounted on something fake (or tanned) and it really looks more like tanned coyote hide. The morphology is wrong for BF hair. Talk about grasping at straws. I wish people would stop bombarding me with emails every time all this fiction gets posted but that is all it is, fiction…â€

This was in response to R Lindsay’s release of two high res photos (with his copyright stamp). He didn’t say who gave them to him.

It’s all here in this post on Bigfoot Evidence: http://bigfooteviden...resolution.html

Now who's fooling who?..... what a confusing mess...

GJ, I know but there is nothing inconclusive at all about the Trent U. report. His comparing MK's full genome sequencing with it doesn't make sense. If the mDNA comes back bear then it's bear. Doing a full genome sequence makes no sense. His comments are just cheerleading and mean nothing.

I got excited.....LOL [ pink-faced]

First you admit you do not know her, only of or what is said about her, then you accuse her of some sort of skullduggery and/or fraud?

You are carrying on like the Smeja sample is the only sample in the study. It is not. Further, no one (that I know of has) yet ponied up ANY evidence that she has said that Smeja's sample was one of the "unknown" result samples.

She was very interested and stuck to her "don't talk about the details" guns until Igor forced her hand.

People yelled and screamed about "lacking transparency" and "why won't she talk about her results" when she said nothing. Now you're yelling and screaming because she did say something...

Irrelevant to the science of the study. Not even thinly veiled argument from credulity and ad hom.

Yes, I see your agenda quite clearly: you want one shot and have no interest in non-lethal means of species verification.

You've spent many many posts saying just the opposite...which is it going to be?

Mulder since you are one of the more vocal proponents of the Ketchum study, I thought I'd ask what your confidence level is in the study as of today? Do you feel she has authentic sasquatch DNA as claimed? What happens if she never releases any paper or results? (as to date she has not) Are you prepared to "eat crow" if this study proved to be a failure as you have asked skeptics to do should this be successful?

Also, do you feel like Ketchums results are strong enough to prove bigfoot?

Guest Theagenes

I got excited.....LOL [ pink-faced]

Believe me, I hope her findings are legit too, and she certainly sounds sincere, but at this point there is so much mud-slinging, and he-said/she-said going on who knows who's telling the truth at this point? :wacko:

I'm hurt I truly am. And I will not address any part of your post except the last one. I HAVE NEVER ADVOCATING ANYTHING OTHER THAN TAKING A TYPE SPECIMEN.

Obviously if I'm out in the field and I find a jaw bone or something compelling that would prove it's existence without killing one? I would do my utmost to protect the species from that day forward. Period. End of story.

I love this. There is so much Bigfoot scat hitting the fan it's fun to just sit back and watch.

There are 2 solutions here. Smeja reveals the body if the kid. (highly unlikely). Or Melba finally decides to scrap it and just releases all the bear DNA and frees Erickson to show the vids.

Or the third option. Nothing happens and we are back to square one, pointing to pgf as best evidence for another 40 years.

It boggles my mind how anyone can believe anything regarding Smeja . Not even a photo. Give me a break. He shoots 2 squatches and just leaves them there. It is totally laughable.