The Ketchum Report

Ummmm has anyone had a thought that maybe the samples that were divided from the original steak may have been contaminated by the knife used? And I'm guessing probably Justin's hunting knife was used, which no doubt would have traces of bear DNA

Guest COGrizzly

I'd shoot any one of you if you were a Sasquatch. Go to jail, wait for the dough, get out, and party with my cool 20 Mil.

Or 1 mil.....Or 10.....or whatev.....

I'd shoot any one of you if you were a Sasquatch. Go to jail, wait for the dough, get out, and party with my cool 20 Mil.

Or 1 mil.....Or 10.....or whatev.....

Remind me to NOT tell you where my swimming hole is!

;)

Seasons Greetings All,

Robin Lynne, Dr.Ketchums PR person has sent me the following link to share (I have been supporting the PR push on this side of the pond)

in:http://www.youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=u-NGls9dVe4

Coast To Coast AM Bigfoot DNA December 23 2012

"....addressed controversies that have been stirred up in the Bigfoot research community about her findings. Part of the problem, she explained, was that some non-ethical people became involved in her project, though none of their research was ever incorporated into her final paper.While she was not at liberty to discuss all aspects of her Bigfoot DNA testing before her manuscript is published, she confirmed that analysis was done on over 100 hair and skin samples, sent in by eyewitness of the creature, or from researchers in the field. To maintain objectivity, some of the samples were sent "blind" to other labs-- that is they were not identified as possibly being from a Sasquatch. Ketchum outlined how her lab was able to prevent contamination problems, by checking against the DNA of her lab employees and the people who submitted the samples.Results revealed that the mitochondrial DNA was human, but the nuclear DNA was "unique," -- that is there were unknown sequences interspersed with human sequences..."

-------------

The team are also looking for feedback on the following (I have cut and pasted this part from her email which links to JREF)

"...Has anyone else seen this, Dr. Meldrums science and they are saying most of his bigfoot tracks are hoaxed. I've seen him on Monster Quest, but never looked into all this... "

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=125085

Could folks PM me if you have any info re this that you would like to share with the DNA DIAGNOSTICS team and I can forward it to them - just incase I miss your comments on the forum.Thanks.

Edited by kezra

Unless I missed a statement, Ketchum on her c2c interview allowed that she believed Smeja, but never stated that she confirmed his sample as testing positive for presumptive Bigfoot.

Kezra,

May I read between the lines and understand that Ketchum's team is going into counter-offensive mode concerning Meldrum?

Kezra said:

"...Has anyone else seen this, Dr. Meldrums science and they are saying most of his bigfoot tracks are hoaxed. I've seen him on Monster Quest, but never looked into all this... "

http://forums.randi....ad.php?t=125085

Wow, just WOW !!! Just out of curiosity what do you think they are going to say about ANYONE on that site involved in this field of research and what, exactly, does Dr. Meldrum and his work with castings have to do with the Sierra "steak" and the release of DNA by the two other labs that Justin, Bart and Tyler went to??

I gotta say, for the first time in a very long time - I am actually stunned.

Edited by Melissa

Guest Theagenes

Unless I missed a statement, Ketchum on her c2c interview allowed that she believed Smeja, but never stated that she confirmed his sample as testing positive for presumptive Bigfoot.

Kezra,

May I read between the lines and understand that Ketchum's team is going into counter-offensive mode concerning Meldrum?

Just to throw out a hypothetical scenario: JS shot a mangy bear or whatever but truly believes he shot a BF so he seems sincere and passes the polygraph. MK in the interview said she believed the story because she heard he passed a lie detector test though she was reluctant to talk about the situation. So if she believes his story that he killed a BF, but the samples she got from him turned out to be bear, wouldn't she likely conclude (fairly or unfairly) that his camp was intentionally trying to sabotage her study? Her comments about the steak pic seem to indicate that she is thinking along those lines. JS who still believes his sample is from a BF interprets her hostile behavior as something fishy so he wants to send his sample off to another lab and it comes back bear.

Just trying to come up with a possible scenario that accounts for the discrepancies without anyone necessarily lying or hoaxing (unlikely though it may be). The problem here is that several people are claiming that MK has stated privately that JS's sample is BF. BUt she herself has not stated this publicly so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Theagenes

Further, no one (that I know of has) yet ponied up ANY evidence that she has said that Smeja's sample was one of the "unknown" result samples.

As you have not with regards to Tontar's participation in a trackway hoax, so what's the big deal?

Mulder said:

Further, no one (that I know of has) yet ponied up ANY evidence that she has said that Smeja's sample was one of the "unknown" result samples.

Um, Well, did you see the part of the testing results posted by Tyler that the mDNA was Eastern Europe and the Caucasus and actually matched Justin's DNA? Now, if memory serves - didn't Melba say the exact same thing about her sample - that the mDNA was Eastern Europe and the Caucasus - but without the match with Justin's DNA..... ?? Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Guest slimwitless

Just trying to come up with a possible scenario that accounts for the discrepancies without anyone necessarily lying or hoaxing (unlikely though it may be). The problem here is that several people are claiming that MK has stated privately that JS's sample is BF. BUt she herself has not stated this publicly so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Ketchum's previous publicist said the shooting sample was in the study. I suppose it could be as some kind of "negative" but that seems unlikely. Derek Randles all but stated he was told the sample was BF. See his account of the shooting on the Olympic Project site and "read into that what you will". The problem with the idea that Smeja actually shot a mangy bear is the story continues to include two ape-like juveniles. He also has a witness.

Somewhere I saw a "rumor" that Smeja believed Ketchum somehow revealed she was scamming Wally. Obviously, I hope it's not true for a whole host of reasons. One of them relating to motives (perceived or otherwise) and the results of this independent analysis. What a mess.

Seasons Greetings All,

Robin Lynne, Dr.Ketchums PR person has sent me the following link to share (I have been supporting the PR push on this side of the pond)

in:http://www.youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=u-NGls9dVe4

Coast To Coast AM Bigfoot DNA December 23 2012

"....addressed controversies that have been stirred up in the Bigfoot research community about her findings. Part of the problem, she explained, was that some non-ethical people became involved in her project, though none of their research was ever incorporated into her final paper.While she was not at liberty to discuss all aspects of her Bigfoot DNA testing before her manuscript is published, she confirmed that analysis was done on over 100 hair and skin samples, sent in by eyewitness of the creature, or from researchers in the field. To maintain objectivity, some of the samples were sent "blind" to other labs-- that is they were not identified as possibly being from a Sasquatch. Ketchum outlined how her lab was able to prevent contamination problems, by checking against the DNA of her lab employees and the people who submitted the samples.Results revealed that the mitochondrial DNA was human, but the nuclear DNA was "unique," -- that is there were unknown sequences interspersed with human sequences..."

-------------

The team are also looking for feedback on the following (I have cut and pasted this part from her email which links to JREF)

http://forums.randi....ad.php?t=125085

Could folks PM me if you have any info re this that you would like to share with the DNA DIAGNOSTICS team and I can forward it to them - just incase I miss your comments on the forum.Thanks.

Kezra I have read a few posts by you and found your serious attitude on Protection issues encouraging.

I think you have your job cut out for you if it also entails diminishing other's work, especially the single employed academic seeking to prove Bigfoots.

I have been subject to other's behavior that has negatively impacted me, it's not nice or comfortable. But, the choices of response aren't many: sink down and divert to ripping back, or move forward and build your evidence. Said like that there isn't but one choice really.

I suppose if one is rich, and those harming also, litigation would be a choice, but one I rarely recommend. And, we can take our jabs here for instand relief, but it's a fairly closed system, it doesn't seem to go too far for anyone.

What now? It does appear some are out to stop this. But, unless they have good science arguments to so disparage, it's all just the sticky mud we are traveling through, it will eventually dry and fall off the tires?

The single most important thing here is this pending publication, that's what we are waiting for, that's what the fuss is about. I think Dr. Ketchum becomes a target b/c this is still under wraps..hard to imagine her personally taking more, and the focus will shift to the science once out, don't you think?

Can't say why I am writing except to encourage you to look at what can be released in response to this news (and stay away from destroying perceived enemies? There are already plenty out there doing that for you. Or at least don't ask publicly.)

Perhaps, explaining the nuances of lab test choices would be productive... I don't know if it makes more sense to take a large sample, remove some cells and nucleolus and stain them to count chromosomes with a species difference of bear and human or go right to DNA testing? And if not, then what different tests are there now, patented and typical in wildlife labs.....

There is a big gap in my understanding you guys could fill now and earn some points with us dummies.

I posted in the "Tyler Report" thread...after it sunk in the import of this and I listed five or six choices at this stage we can "believe." But, I left one out (suprised noone nudged me) and that is both Justin and Ketchum are wrong/or hoaxers...what are the odds?

I think pretty low, but until something of substance comes forth that foamy BFer conflict will remain. I actually think Justin did do this and sent a sample to Dr. Ketchum, who is sincere in her work,... My assuredness ends there!

So? Focus on the stuff that adds, the chaff hopefully will fall away with these storms....? It is a mess and I feel for all the parties, myself included! BF mostly.

Edited by apehuman

Kezra I have read a few posts by you and found your serious attitude on Protection issues encouraging.

I think you have your job cut out for you if it also entails diminishing other's work, especially the single employed academic seeking to prove Bigfoots.

I have been subject to other's behavior that has negatively impacted me, it's not nice or comfortable. But, the choices of response aren't many: sink down and divert to ripping back, or move forward and build your evidence. Said like that there isn't but one choice really.

I suppose if one is rich, and those harming also, litigation would be a choice, but one I rarely recommend. And, we can take our jabs here for instand relief, but it's a fairly closed system, it doesn't seem to go too far for anyone.

What now? It does appear some are out to stop this. But, unless they have good science arguments to so disparage, it's all just the sticky mud we are traveling through, it will eventually dry and fall off the tires?

The single most important thing here is this pending publication, that's what we are waiting for, that's what the fuss is about. I think Dr. Ketchum becomes a target b/c this is still under wraps..hard to imagine her personally taking more, and the focus will shift to the science once out, don't you think?

Can't say why I am writing except to encourage you to look at what can be released in response to this news (and stay away from destroying perceived enemies? There are already plenty out there doing that for you. Or at least don't ask publicly.)

Perhaps, explaining the nuances of lab test choices would be productive... I don't know if it makes more sense to take a large sample, remove some cells and nucleolus and stain them to count chromosomes with a species difference of bear and human or go right to DNA testing? And if not, then what different tests are there now, patented and typical in wildlife labs.....

There is a big gap in my understanding you guys could fill now and earn some points with us dummies.

I posted in the "Tyler Report" thread...after it sunk in the import of this and I listed five or six choices at this stage we can "believe." But, I left one out (suprised noone nudged me) and that is both Justin and Ketchum are wrong/or hoaxers...what are the odds?

I think pretty low, but until something of substance comes forth that foamy BFer conflict will remain. I actually think Justin did do this and sent a sample to Dr. Ketchum, who is sincere in her work,... My assuredness ends there!

So? Focus on the stuff that adds, the chaff hopefully will fall away with these storms....? It is a mess and I feel for all the parties, myself included! BF mostly.

Dear all,

I would like to clarify that I am supporting the DNA Diagnostics media team in a purely voluntary capacity. I received an email from Robin Lynne this morning and cut and paste the information she asked me to share. Maybe I should have edited it further but DNA Diagnostics is a forensics lab afterall and bigfoot research is a second to that, I simply read that as a need to find out more.

MY OWN VIEWS REMAIN IMPARTIAL; I am not in a position to side with any one party. I am here to learn and share information.

As Apehuman mentioned; I believe proof without protection is a massive oversight on behalf of the BF community.

I would also like to add that in a number of topics in this forum I have defended Meldrum and the work of other 'Ol' timers' following comments made by Paulides and others about the possible implications of the impending release. I am in no position of knowledge to criticise their work and understanding of the subject (bar MM although I very much respect BFRO as a whole).

Edited by kezra

Thanks for the response and standing up for yourself. Good Luck! Don't hesitate to educate me on DNA testing, that is something I would like spoon fed...

Edited by apehuman

^^ Thanks for the support apehuman, its a minefield sometimes! God knows how we are all going to stand together when the time comes. We need to learn how to close ranks people, time could very much be of the essence!