The Ketchum Report

If Melba has no comment - I gotta tell you - this sounds like a comment as it's coming from her PR person. Maybe you are right, maybe it should have been removed - because it looks like someone with DNA Diagnostics is gearing up for an attack on Dr. Meldrum. Why is beyond me.

I don't know you, Kezra, but I like your signature line, "Be the Change You Want to See - Ghandi"

I fully understand this is not on you. I just think it's a sad thing to see coming from her "camp."

I have to say , I agree with Melissa. Kezra have you asked Robin Lynn why she is inquiring about what the skeptic community has to say on forum about Dr. Meldrum's interpretations of tracks? How does it relate to Ketchum's study or the recent news about the results other than bear tracks are often mistaken for Bigfoot tracks? I'm not seeing the relevancy.

Edited by CTfoot

BFF Patron
....I posted in the "Tyler Report" thread...after it sunk in the import of this and I listed five or six choices at this stage we can "believe." But, I left one out (suprised noone nudged me) and that is both Justin and Ketchum are wrong/or hoaxers...what are the odds?

Unfortunately, Apehuman, there are other options. One is gullibility and ignorance. How does one get taken in by Biscardi or Biscardi-proxies and become a part of an LLC early on in this process while doing due diligence and a "business plan" or consulting a modicum of intelligent representation from the field? And, then, have to "gracefully" extract themselves by titanium NDA's???????

This whole shooting match is a purulent tale and I can only hope somebody has the salvation balm or antibiotic to salvage something from the whole matter.

Now Meldrum is being implicated at some whole new level. What gives? Sounds like somebody trying to find a dog to eat the homework to me.

Edited by bipedalist

Kezra said:

Wow, just WOW !!! Just out of curiosity what do you think they are going to say about ANYONE on that site involved in this field of research and what, exactly, does Dr. Meldrum and his work with castings have to do with the Sierra "steak" and the release of DNA by the two other labs that Justin, Bart and Tyler went to??

I gotta say, for the first time in a very long time - I am actually stunned.

I agree with everyone else on why the questions about Meldrum, it does sound like someone wants dirt on him and kerza needs to explain further what their intent is, because right now it looks shady.

Guest slimwitless

I have to say , I agree with Melissa. Kezra have you asked Robin Lynn why she is inquiring about what the skeptic community has to say on forum about Dr. Meldrum's interpretations of tracks? How does it relate to Ketchum's study or the recent news about the results other than bear tracks are often mistaken for Bigfoot tracks? I'm not seeing the relevancy.

Ketchum said the paper covers more disciplines than DNA. Maybe they're boning up on how to respond to various lines of attack.

That's speculation (what isn't around here) but I haven't seen any criticisms from Meldrum harsh enough to warrant such a public pr battle. If that's what this is, then I'd say the train has gone off the rails just as the plane is crashing into the mountains.

Edited by slimwitless

Cornelius - I had to plus one you for that.. LOL. I tried to give you another plus too but it won't let me. I was raised in Wisconsin and anything with Lombardi deserves a big +1!!

Slimwitless said:

Ketchum said the paper covers more disciplines than DNA. Maybe they're boning up on how to respond to various lines of attack.

Do you think her paper on Bigfoot DNA really might cover foot castings? I don't get the link between DNA and casts... Wait - unless she took hair samples that had been pulled from castings or tracks prior to casting.... But, that still does not explain why her "camp" would be trying to dig up info on Dr. Meldrum. He has nothing to do with her paper.

Paulides likes to attack Meldrum in his blog posts and radio appearances without actually naming him. Perhaps this is his doing? He often talks about the big names in the bigfoot field that fear the BF is human concept. I always assumed he was referring to Meldrum, Green, Bindernagel and Moneymaker with Meldrum being the biggest target.

Outside of Wally and Erickson I wonder how much of his own money Paulides forked out for the study he takes so much credit for? MK never mentions him when she talks about cost so I would bet very little to none.

Guest reelback

That's speculation (what isn't around here) but I haven't seen any criticisms from Meldrum harsh enough to warrant such a public pr battle. If that's what this is, then I'd say the train has gone off the rails just as the plane is crashing into the mountains.

Well, in my limited experience with this community I am rather disappointed.

I see a fractured and territorial community. In part because of human nature, but also in large part because of the types of personalities it attracts. Frankly... a fair share of nutters.

While you would imagine this community, a heckled one at that, would band together and try and form some commonality, it appears there is a vocal substrate which is intent on derailing the effort. Unfortunately, as with politics and many other areas of life, its the most vocal who often have the most extreme positions and need for attention... and often the least to say.

I'd suggest keeping the fringe at the fringe and providing the infighting as little energy as possible. I believe the moderators have a role to play.

For the most part the folks here on this forum have been intellegent and well reasoned.

Guest Theagenes

I feel the same way reelback. I'm also new here though I've tangentially followed most of the bigger BF-related news over the years. The backstabbing, the out of control egos, the divisivness, that one finds amoung the BF community is staggering and disheartening.

pogo-enemy.jpg

For me, observing us humans is part of the BF phenomenon. It exposes both our wildness and our reticence. Things will surely get boiling upon the fabled publication of The Paper.

A "scientist" is asking for opinions of members of an out-there community of armchair experts to support her paper? Really? I am shocked and disgusted. This is not a slam to Jref, I'd feel the same way if she solicited opinions from random members here (we are also an out-there community of armchair experts imo!) Something stinks! Bad!

Guest Thepattywagon

In her C2C interview the other night, I didn't get take away any sense of desperation, nor obfuscation on Melba Ketchum's part. She seemed very much at ease with her words and honest in her portrayal of how the events have affected her over the past several years.

She is obviously a strong personality, and perhaps that doesn't sit well with some.

Guest VioletX

A "scientist" is asking for opinions of members of an out-there community of armchair experts to support her paper? Really? I am shocked and disgusted. This is not a slam to Jref, I'd feel the same way if she solicited opinions from random members here (we are also an out-there community of armchair experts imo!) Something stinks! Bad!

As far as I know, Robin was only replying to someone else who found the subject of interest and she wanted to find out more, hence the post from Kezra, sorry to speak for you Kezra : D

Guest slimwitless

Do you think her paper on Bigfoot DNA really might cover foot castings? I don't get the link between DNA and casts... Wait - unless she took hair samples that had been pulled from castings or tracks prior to casting.... But, that still does not explain why her "camp" would be trying to dig up info on Dr. Meldrum. He has nothing to do with her paper.

It could be a line of supporting evidence. Video and photographs aren't related to DNA and yet The Journal supposedly requested demanded both. I've heard there is a hair and fiber expert involved so clearly some aspects of supposed BF morphology is part of the study. That said, I tend to think this request was probably more innocuous than some people are assuming.