The Ketchum Report

I recalled reading somewhere a few months ago that around 200 samples were submitted to the study. Of the 200, there were 109 that tested presumptive for Sasquatch.

After Googling "ketchum sasquatch 200 samples", I found several references to the 200 samples that were originally tested..

Which does not mean they all tested positive for squatch.

I have directly quoted what Dr Ketchum said about the subject: ~20 mtDNA positive, from which they were able to sequence 3 whole genomes.

^^^^

In your opinion....

No, in objective fact. You cannot have DNA absent a body or part thereof (including vital fluids) from which to draw the sample.

DNA does not come from nowhere. It comes from a critter.

DNA = critter.

BFF Patron

Hey All! Say how's that DNA thing working out ~ :prankster:

Was that a drive-by?

No. You have to have a sample from the body to sequence the DNA, so DNA is just as strong as a body.

Unless identical twins are involved. You'd have the correct DNA but may have the wrong body.

RayG

No. You have to have a sample from the body to sequence the DNA, so DNA is just as strong as a body.

But if you don't have a body to show where the sample came from doesn't that throw questions from it?

In your opinion....and we shall see....maybe...someday ....or not ;)

Time to cross swords. DNA has already been used without a body to discover a new hominin — the Denisovans, which may soon be regarded as a new species.

Guest Cervelo

Alittle out of context but whatever rocks your boat PT ;)

If you guys want that as your back up to support an undoucumented homind walking amoung us, bad news you just brought a knife to a gun fight.

Let me know how that works out in the real world not the let's play debate world here :)

Guest Scout1959

Even identical twins will have variations in genetics :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/health/11real.html?_r=0

The specific changes that Dr. Dumanski and his colleagues identified are known as copy number variations, in which a gene exists in multiple copies, or a set of coding letters in DNA is missing. Not known, however, is whether these changes in identical twins occur at the embryonic level, as the twins age or both.

DNA has already been used without a body to discover a new hominin — the Denisovans, which may soon be regarded as a new species.

Where did the DNA come from? There must have been some sort of specimen from which to extract that DNA from, right? If it's not a body, then it's a part of a body, some part of a body. Remains. Bones. Teeth. Skull. Something, right?

I took a break from this topic for awhile. Seems like a lot has occurred. Can someone give me a real brief synopsis of what has occurred over the past week. I am up to speed on the steak.