Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

As I've said before I don't understand why Derek keeps coming back to defend/correct/clarify anything. If the evidence is compelling it will speak for itself. It would seem to me that something this big would not warranty his time or consideration at this point. But I can't wait to learn way more than I ever wanted to know about DNA!

PS

General next time throw the friggin body in the truck! :)

I think it's important to try and keep the record as straight as possible. The story with this event has been so badly distorted that the lines get fuzzy. I've taken it upon myself to do my part to keep the record straight. I do understand that I'm probably wasting my time, but I feel compelled to try and keep it right. I also know that some of you very much appreciate me being here, and willing to talk about it.

DR

I agree that the legal counsel questions are really nobody's business, but questions about at what point you believed Justin and who you contacted, those are interesting. What could go wrong in answering those questions truthfully?

Good point John. I spent a ton of time with Justin on the phone in the beginning. I found him to be very believable. Like I said before, he knows his stuff / wildlife / wilderness/ animals. The preliminary results on the flesh sample came back pretty quick. I can't say what they were, but it was enough for me to really start believing him. The testing continued, and I got to know Justin very well and now consider him a good friend.

As far as who I contacted, it was Melba of coarse. She was right there. We have over 100 samples with her. If your question refers to what authorities were contacted, there were several on my end and Justins.

DR

Well let's see here. The legal counsel questions are none of your business. I could go on, but I won't. I don't know your agenda and I have no idea who you are. If you are cryptically trying to freak me out, it's not working.

If you are a researcher and truly want to talk about what already has been discussed, then get a hold of me. I'm an easy guy to find and contact. www.olympicproject.com, or you can PM me here. I won't be interrogated, but I will talk to you as long as you verify who you are, and the info doesn't violate the NDA that binds me.

Good day,

DR

Thank You Derek for responding. No, I am not trying to freak you out. I am asking pointed questions, yea. If they do make you uncomfortable, and they appear to, it is something to consider.

I don't think one can define at this point whose business is whose really. I am a citizen and the Natural Resources of our country belong to me as equally as you. That includes Sasquatches. So, I admit I am self appointed.

I have no problem sharing in private who I am, as I do with most who inquire. I choose a pen-name in such public forums b/c the association with the BF world has already cost me dearly, personally. It was my desire to have never entered the BF Researchers world and still is! So, unlike many, yourself included, I choose not to be publicly identified and appreciate the offer of the forum to remain anonymous publicly.

But, as I said, my unique background and, albeit somewhat tangential involvement, certainly makes my questions as valid as any you have afforded real answers, don't you think?

However, I certainly can't make you answer them and so they remain, as far as I can tell unanswered.

Of all the questions I did ask, the one about what attorney or law firm is representing you, is perhaps the most appropriate question. Even though I do not advise (or even read stuff sent to me) anyone legally in the BF world, nor seek to, nor am I a party to this case, or representing a party, I am a licensed attorney and my questions might better be answered by your counsel privately.

Mostly Derek, I believe people should act for the greater good (within all the tensions we know are real) and behave in an ethical and responsible fashion. Especially those who claim professionalism, or religion, other noble goals, as their creed.

I am wondering today, almost six months after this story leaked and spilled all over the internet, did the professionals, and those who claim "prove to protect" behave responsibly in this situation? It matters to me on many levels, not the least of which is the manner in which it may color the BF community and the Ketchum Study. But, I am just one of many...the BF community is home to perhaps a few thousand voices...the world 6 billion!

To others, thanks again... for the forum!

Derek, your answers are your choice and I respect that entirely.

Thanks again

Melba Ketchum - Yes Ketchum / Biscardi link etc etc .....)

3 - If a pattern starts to emerge........start demanding to see, touch, feel, taste the actual physical evidence.

I just hate seeing good people get hoodwinked.

Slabdog I'm curious to know what you think this implies. Dr. Ketchum didn't get into this knowing who was who in the BF community. Physical evidence is physical evidence, and thats about all that matters in her study. Sure , she could waist time on samples that aren't what they are thought to be, but it goes with the territory here. Is everyone who writes up an article about Dr. Ketchum somehow involved and tainting the study efforts? If Biscardi has no samples in the study , then he is a nonfactor in all this.

I can look at and touch one sample in the study anytime I want, and Dr. K wouldn't be the first to find it to be suspect, so my getting hoodwinked goes beyond this study whatever the outcome. I appreciate the concern though. :)

I don't think one can define at this point whose business is whose really. I am a citizen and the Natural Resources of our country belong to me as equally as you. That includes Sasquatches. So, I admit I am self appointed.

I have no problem sharing in private who I am, as I do with most who inquire. I choose a pen-name in such public forums b/c the association with the BF world has already cost me dearly, personally. It was my desire to have never entered the BF Researchers world and still is! So, unlike many, yourself included, I choose not to be publicly identified and appreciate the offer of the forum to remain anonymous publicly.

But, as I said, my unique background and, albeit somewhat tangential involvement, certainly makes my questions as valid as any you have afforded real answers, don't you think?

OK, so it's a bust!............ :unsure:

mattmoneymaker.png

Pheww! That was a close shave Derek :rock:

Guest parnassus

DR

When does your Ketchum NDA expire?

How long did it take to get the results back?

Thanks

p

Edited by parnassus

DR

When does your Ketchum NDA expire?

How long did it take to get the results back?

Thanks

p

Well the copy of my NDA is in my office, I will look at it Monday when I return. I honestly don't remember. The first results started coming back I'd say in about two weeks or so, but the stream of results kept coming for a long time.

DR

I should clarify a little more, the results were coming hard and heavy but remember, it wasn't just Sierra results, we have a bunch of other samples in the study. Too much for my little mind to handle. She is a patient woman, and she was able to dumb it down enough for me to understand. The technical and scientific aspects are a lot to wrap your brain around. I'm a Landscape contractor and wilderness guide, so this was a whole new world for me. I have learned a lot since the beginning though, and the more I've learned, the more exciting it's become.

DR

I should clarify a little more, the results were coming hard and heavy but remember, it wasn't just Sierra results, we have a bunch of other samples in the study. Too much for my little mind to handle. She is a patient woman, and she was able to dumb it down enough for me to understand. The technical and scientific aspects are a lot to wrap your brain around. I'm a Landscape contractor and wilderness guide, so this was a whole new world for me. I have learned a lot since the beginning though, and the more I've learned, the more exciting it's become.

DR

I don't remember if this has already been asked/answered, but if the juvenile died in his arms(still not sure if that had been confirmed, or rumor) wouldn't Justin have had blood, or hairs from it on his clothes? If that actually did happen, what was done with the clothes?

Guest Thepattywagon

I think that was a bit of hyperbole. From what I remember reading, the 'kid' rolled down the hill and landed near him after it was shot. I highly doubt General would have taken it in his arms to comfort it if he was too freaked out to take a picture of it.

Oops, there I go again. :rolleyes:

Guest slimwitless

Speaking hypothetically, I can understand why General might not casually photograph something that just died in his arms. He surely wouldn't comfort a dying bear cub. Normally, a wounded animal like that might even require a second shot.

Am I the only one that feels the "human" nature of this creature explains the otherwise improbable response to the situation?

Am I the only one that feels the "human" nature of this creature explains the otherwise improbable response to the situation?

No , you're not.

• Upvote 1

No , you're not.

The "bear hunter's" story is complete b.s., and this guy will never prove that he's killed 1, let alone 2 bigfoots. He also hasn't killed anywhere near 1000 bears...Saskeptic

There is no Bigfoot, no shootings, no bodies and no Bigfoot "slice-of-thigh" or any other body part forthcoming. My sources are irrefutable. There IS no DNA.

There is no (to say the least) convincing Erickson video. Isn't there....... WTB1

People have been crying about real scientists looking at the proof. Now they are, and you want Nestle's instant answers all hot and steaming with marshmellows in it...... HairyGreek

This is what my sources say as well. This issue is dead in the water and it is time to move on to some issues that might resolve the bf mystery.

Well what exactly do you sources say? Can yo be a little more specific? You've been sporadically saying this for months now. Did some one accidentally sneeze in the samples or what?

The shot bigfoot was just one of a 100 samples that the OP alone says they submitted, this doesn't count everybody else that submitted samples. Some of these submitters say they have their results. Who did these various submitters not affiliated with each other receive their results from ? A fortune cookie factory? Inquiring minds would like to know.