Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

BFF Patron
....A fortune cookie factory?...

Sort of....

Well all of the info. about the findings has been encoded in a form of steganographical way.

http://www.polestarltd.com/ttg/isspeeches/pisec03/index.html

Who's got the key to the lock?! :unsure:

j/k

Sorry Jodie, Bigfootnis is under a NNDA. No Non Disclosure Agreement. Agree to disclose nothing even if there is nothing to disclose.

Think Seinfeld. A show about nothing.

LOLOL Hoosier :lol:

Ok, That steganography stuff is amazing!!! So instead of wasting our time with decoding the theological texts that must not be named, why haven't they tried this with our DNA? Maybe the ethereal world has a message for humanity in our double helix.

So has anyone called Dr. Ketchum's lab to check on their samples and had a guy in Calcutta who calls himself Bob answer the phone perchance?

SSR Team

This entire episode is nuts. Kids don't try this at home!

I love you Crow.. :D

The "bear hunter's" story is complete b.s., and this guy will never prove that he's killed 1, let alone 2 bigfoots. He also hasn't killed anywhere near 1000 bears...Saskeptic

There is no Bigfoot, no shootings, no bodies and no Bigfoot "slice-of-thigh" or any other body part forthcoming. My sources are irrefutable. There IS no DNA.

There is no (to say the least) convincing Erickson video. Isn't there....... WTB1

People have been crying about real scientists looking at the proof. Now they are, and you want Nestle's instant answers all hot and steaming with marshmellows in it...... HairyGreek

This is what my sources say as well. This issue is dead in the water and it is time to move on to some issues that might resolve the bf mystery.

Name your sources!

Guest Thepattywagon

Quote from Taxidermy.net thread by General:

"I shot it with a 25-06 behind the shoulder at 120 yards."

This statement implies that it had its back turned far enough for him to put his crosshairs in that area. If this is true, and the creature indeed was in the process of retreating, why were we told it was doing the opposite?

Since there are no NDAs regarding anything but DNA, can SOMEONE please explain this discrepancy?

BFF Patron

Simple.....they are saving it for the book. ;)

Guest parnassus

Does not imply back was turned unless the animal was going on two legs. And that description would be a strange way to phrase it. Most people would just say they shot it in the back. Or possibly UNDER the shoulder.

Strongly suggests to me that the animal was on four legs, as that location is the optimal target from the side if on four legs. Good catch!!!

What sayeth the General???

Edited by parnassus

Guest Thepattywagon

Without going back to find the pertinent info, my recollection is that the BF was on two legs and taking steps toward the two hunters while sort of waving its arms. I don't think he said it ever went to all fours until after he shot and it took off.

You are right Patty, but I also heard the other version of it being shot in the shoulder from the side. I don't recall the distance being mentioned though. I can't remember where I read it, chat or if he mentioned it in a thread, but it came from Justin. I don't know why it would matter, not being a hunter, when all of it is strictly hear say without a body or the release of the DNA results from that specific sample, assuming it will ever be made public.

Lord don't say they there is only one NDA. I got chewed out for questioning that comment. Evidently there is one for the book, and one for the study, and it's totally not nefarious if one or the other forgets to mention that fact.

Guest Thepattywagon

Quote from Taxidermy.net thread by General (according to RL):

From Olympic Project site:

"The shot was fired hitting it's mark in the chest region.  The figure went down.  It got back up immediately and started running on two legs, and then on all fours.  It went from two legs to four legs a couple of times before it left view."

Quote from Derek Randles on BFF:

"The large Sasquatch was not shot in the leg. I have no idea where that came from. It was shot in the chest."

Quotes from General on BFF:

"So its now been 3 or 4 seconds its walking towards me with its hands above its head, I'm still thinking this is the weirdest bear in the world."

"Once again the creature was not standing on or by any road. she was also not shot in the back."

"When the creature was spotted she had her hands above her head possibly in a defensive manner for her children possibly to scare the people for their own protection she took 8 very slow short steps in the direction of the shooter."

I'd love to see the original thread post from the Taxidermy.net site, because it makes no sense for him to describe the shooting as "behind the shoulder" on his first public recounting of the story, only to change it to a 'chest shot' later.

Guest parnassus

"The shot was fired hitting it's mark in the chest region.  The figure went down.  It got back up immediately and started running on two legs, and then on all fours.  It went from two legs to four legs a couple of times before it left view."

There is something rotten In the state of Denmark.

---Mparcellus, Hamlet, Act 1, scene 4

"The large Sasquatch was not shot in the leg. I have no idea where that came from. It was shot in the chest."

"So its now been 3 or 4 seconds its walking towards me with its hands above its head, I'm still thinking this is the weirdest bear in the world."

"Once again the creature was not standing on or by any road. she was also not shot in the back."

"When the creature was spotted she had her hands above her head possibly in a defensive manner for her children possibly to scare the people for their own protection she took 8 very slow short steps in the direction of the shooter."

I'd love to see the original thread post from the Taxidermy.net site, because it makes no sense for him to describe the shooting as "behind the shoulder" on his first public recounting of the story, only to change it to a 'chest shot' later.

There's something rotten In Denmark.

---Mparcellus, Hamlet, Act 1, scene 4

There is something rotten In the state of Denmark.

---Marcellus, Hamlet, Act 1, scene 4

Edited by parnassus

Guest Thepattywagon

The only consistency in the story from General, DR and RL seems to be that the creature was standing on two legs when it was shot. Unless and until we can see the actual post from Smeja from Taxidermy.net, we won't know if there is inconsistency in his story regarding where he aimed.

Dr. Ketchum's FaceBook posting, from early this morning:

Melba Ketchum

Since so many of you have sent me the link to one of the latest in a number of blogs, I've started a scrapbook to keep them all. In fact, I can't wait to see what the Globe Magazine or the Enquirer has to say when this comes out, it might be as entertaining as these tabloid-style BF blogs that currently love to write fiction about the project and me..... if they only knew the truth...... :) What is really funny is that some people, just like those that read and believe the Globe and other tabloid magazines, actually believe this stuff. Very funny!! It is like little children playing "Gossip".

For all of the wonderful FB friends that take their precious time to give me moral support, thank you so very very much, it is so appreciated and I am thankful for every one of you out there and for your well wishes and prayers since this has been a very long and tedious undertaking. Of course, if it was easy, it would have been proven a long time ago. Please do not worry, as I will not stop here in the homestretch and in fact am quite enjoying the tabloid sensationalism for its sheer entertainment value and as the old saying goes, "sticks and stones....". As a boring scientist, this is quite the treat to have so many exciting things written about me. I feel like Alexis from Dynasty after reading them (for those that remember that show or maybe JR from Dallas might be more appropriate). ;)