Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Jodie, I would not shoot if I did not know what it was that I was shooting at. That has distressed me, and I'm trying to remove the post because it sounded harsher than I meant for it to be, FGS, but no one is around.Have you read the recent story here he wrote about the shooting? I was horrified about how it all happened. It broke my heart for those young BF to lose their mom, then only one was left which I hope could care for itself with it's mom and sibling dead.

It bothers me that 2 human like creatures were slaughtered and left out in the woods, with another cub left alone who may have starved to death. :(

It's not a happy story. I'm sorry for being guilty of becoming upset about these circumstances but I was upset, and I feel like the shooter was not as careful as trained experienced hunters should have been in these circumstances.

I was distressed.I'm sorry. I'm trying to have the post removed as soon as one of the mods I have contacted answers me.

And my hubby has nothing to do with this...............However, he is the person who taught me the rules of hunting, and how to shoot, which I'm a decent shot, surprisingly.

I don't think Justin will argue with you about that, but to judge someone in unusual circumstances???? First, you don't know that these creatures are human and you are projecting how you would feel if these were war victims. To be honest Susie, I'm just basing this on your forum persona here, but I think you would have been the first one to pull a trigger if faced with something that didn't fit what you thought a bigfoot ought to look like. You might have even shot me in a blind panic if it had been us in that truck and not Justin and the Driver.

I agree the interview was great. It was nice to hear it first hand even if it was not all new to us now.

It's a sad thing, true. I don't think you can blame anyone. I imagine the woods are full of guys just like Justin who would have done the same thing he did. He said (something like) we were there to kill animals, so I pulled the trigger....to me it was just a monster.... . If you think you are confronted with a monster coming toward you, what would you do? You can't tell what you might do and you can't blame him for whatever he did. I don't think he shot it to get a trophy or to make money from it or that he went out to shoot one.

I did wonder about why, if it's a monster, you want to put it in the truck and take it home. I wondered what the "steak" looked like, where they found it, who found it, how they found it, exactly. I didn't catch that. I wondered if he was afraid to go back, looking over his shoulder for a big daddy bf.

I was hoping he would describe the appearances better. Can't he draw one? Or get with an artist?

I also wonder if he will ever run into the other little one someday.

Guest Strick

I'm sorry. I'm trying to have the post removed. I was upset, and my posting showed it.I did not mean to sound harsh.

SweetSusiq, I don't think you need to get anything removed.

Your opinion is your opinion and it's just as good as anyone else's. No forum rules were broken and you have expressed similar sentiments on more than one occasion over a period of months, so obviously you mean what you write.

I don't necessarily agree with you and I haven't got around to listen to the show yet. However, the transcript did read a little more bloodthirsty than I would have hoped. Perhaps that was just how it came out on the page.

In my view, there is no doubting the General's frankness; nor yours. :huh:

And who are you to judge anyone? You weren't there, and if you were, I'm sure you would have been more of a liability than asset. It would have been Scarlett slapping the hysteria out of Prissy all over again with you screaming " I don't know nothing about carving up bodies, let me call my hubby." I'm not happy about what happened either but I can't honestly say what I would have done in the same situation.

But SSQ has a point. When it comes to the use of deadly force...if in doubt, you don't do it. What I got out of the interview was a lot of doubt in Justin's mind. By his own words he's been second-guessing himself ever since. And judging by his words, I don't think he would do the same thing again. Resolving doubt after a traumatic event can sometimes be life altering.

Jodie is right in that most people don't know what they will do until the event presents itself. Shooting 'monsters' is clearly outside the response repertoire of most people.

• Upvote 2

The post was a problem and removed at SweetSusie's request. Quotes from the deleted post were the only things removed from the thread. Thanks to Susie for sending Staff notifications, and everyone else for understanding.

Grayjay

The interview was enlightening in some areas of the incident and hearing Justin tell what happened in his own words with his voice inflections was very good. Admittedly some areas of the Sierra shootings was darn hard to listen to. Also you kind of get the mind set of what Justin and the driver do for recreation but I think also for a second income perhaps. That was a question that I should have asked. He obviously has hunted every week during season for years and years, so much so that he and the driver had a system worked out that when one shots, usually the other follows up with a shot. I wouldn't think that is something that the average dude with a yearly dear permit does. These guys struck me as almost professional hunters and that also explained to me Justin's mind set that day.

His description of the juveniles after the adult was shot was pretty darn incredible and comparing the juveniles to piglets of a wild sow after the sow was shot was very telling, for me anyway.

Sweet Susiq it was hard to listen to, no doubt about it but, for me, it helped me understand the mind set of professional hunters. I was taught to hunt by my father a very long time ago and the #1 rule after absolute gun safety was don't shoot if you don't absolutely know what you're shooting at, but I was an occasional recreation hunter not a well armed, seasoned, darn near professional as I think Justin and the driver both are. There is a world of difference in the hunting I did and most likely you too, than what these men do, so it's hard to comprehend for sure.

But SSQ has a point. When it comes to the use of deadly force...if in doubt, you don't do it. What I got out of the interview was a lot of doubt in Justin's mind. By his own words he's been second-guessing himself ever since. And judging by his words, I don't think he would do the same thing again. Resolving doubt after a traumatic event can sometimes be life altering.

Jodie is right in that most people don't know what they will do until the event presents itself. Shooting 'monsters' is clearly outside the response repertoire of most people.

Thank you.

I still overreacted, I never meant for my posting to sound so very harsh.

I kept seeing a young BF starving to death with it's mom and sibling dead, and I was just devastated all over again.

I remembered a murder that occurred and the baby was found still trying to nurse it's dead mother's breast.

The baby barely survived by drinking from the toilet which is what the police believed happened. The baby did survive, and was only hospitalized for a couple of days to get her re-hydrated.

The thought of a young baby BF being abandoned due to death of the mother and sibling just broke my heart.I posted while I was deeply distressed.

I'm sorry.I did not mean to sound like that, but after reading general's posting about how the event occurred I just felt devastated, and upset that a child was left without any family that we know of to care for it.

The entire event is a tragedy IMHO.

The post was a problem and removed at SweetSusie's request. Quotes from the deleted post were the only things removed from the thread. Thanks to Susie for sending Staff notifications, and everyone else for understanding.

Grayjay

:wub: Thank you my friend.

I sent almost every forum mod and leader a request to delete it for me. I was horrified by how my posting sounded because it was not meant to sound that way.

I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful and kind consideration of my request, and for removing something that I was distressed about posting that sounded differently from what I meant to post! Yikes.

The story does not add up for me..and the feeling in my gut tells me it is false..Why would these two guys tell such a tale? could be any number of reasons..Oh yes a very sad tale..A story meant to shock and i can see by the reactions that it has been effective. Just Goobs humble opinion..There are not any Sasquatches missing a slab of skin nor is there a Sasquatch youngun shot dead..and another itty bitty one alone missing it's mama or daddy..Humans are very strange sick people..Just yet another tale to get peoples knickers in a wad..I urge y'all not to be hurt by this interview..It will all come to light one way or the other..Stay tuned(:

The part that I find most profoundly disturbing is that after watching the tiny, three-foot-tall youngsters innocently search for their murdered parent for many minutes, talking to each other and trying their best to handle this infinitely traumatizing situation, Justin keeps itching to shoot one of them, long before the doomed one appears on the hillside above him.

Edited by Christopher Noel

Guest slimwitless

The story does not add up for me..and the feeling in my gut tells me it is false..Why would these two guys tell such a tale? could be any number of reasons..Oh yes a very sad tale..A story meant to shock and i can see by the reactions that it has been effective. Just Goobs humble opinion..There are not any Sasquatches missing a slab of skin nor is there a Sasquatch youngun shot dead..and another itty bitty one alone missing it's mama or daddy..Humans are very strange sick people..Just yet another tale to get peoples knickers in a wad..I urge y'all not to be hurt by this interview..It will all come to light one way or the other..Stay tuned(:

You forget they have corroborative evidence. Melba Ketchum clearly believes the flesh they found is from a Bigfoot. Do you think she's in on it too?

Edited by slimwitless

SweetSusiq, I don't think you need to get anything removed.

Your opinion is your opinion and it's just as good as anyone else's. No forum rules were broken and you have expressed similar sentiments on more than one occasion over a period of months, so obviously you mean what you write.

I don't necessarily agree with you and I haven't got around to listen to the show yet. However, the transcript did read a little more bloodthirsty than I would have hoped. Perhaps that was just how it came out on the page.

In my view, there is no doubting the General's frankness; nor yours. :huh:

Thank you. However,To me, I did sound harsh, and I tried to have it removed but it took until I reached a mod who was here to get it deleted, so it was posted and caused distress among some members and I deeply regret that occurring to our members.

I did not mean for it to sound as it did. I feel deep sorrow about the poor baby that was left alone (we think, don't know for sure), but there are different ways of expressing my feelings. Perhaps I'll finally learn not to post when in tears. :blink: .Again, Thank you.

Did my post really get removed? Wow... I was only responding to a harsh opinion with a fairly mild one of my own (in comparison).

I too was about to respond with some thoughts of my own but apparently the post in question has been pulled. That type of behavior was rampant in the chat room last night and completely uncalled for. Why get hysterical about a story that may or may not be true about a creature that may or may not exist? I am sure Dr. Ketchum was quite alright including Justin's samples in her study despite how they were obtained.

There is no doubt that the story is unfortunate if true, but the dude (General) appears to be remorseful for his actions. I stated this in the chat room last night as well and then was accused by a righteous one of sleeping with Justin for stating this. A poor attempt to shout me down. Little did they know I'm a dude. The Genus name of Polypodium ferns for my screen name seems to throw people off on my gender. LOL

Who knows maybe they didn't care if I was male or female? ;)

Edited by Polypodium

You forget they have corroborative evidence. Melba Ketchum clearly believes the flesh they found is from a Bigfoot. Do you think she's in on it too?

IMHO All i can say about that is either the reported findings will be botched and or mysteriously vanish as to not prove anything to mainstream science..Something along those lines:/

Nice guy said:

Perhaps you could do us all a favor and write a book on how to handle every situation perfectly, every time. You can even include a section on how to repremand someone on a subject you know nothing about. However, you should probably leave the section on â€tact†for someone else to write.

Susi says:

Jon, That's harsh. I've apologized for posting while upset. I'm sorry it happened. I did not mean to sound like I did, and I'm distressed that it has upset you so badly. You can help me write the "tact" section....I hope! I live to learn, and I'm open to suggestions.