Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest slimwitless

Speaking of grind research, I created a Google Earth KMZ file with possible hidey holes in the Haskell Peak area. If you load the file into Google Earth, you'll notice a red band around the mountains. This band extends from 7150 to 7250 feet in altitude (the reported height of the shootings). There are also placemarks. Likely candidates are marked by a little blue helicopter (in the spirit of Dave Paulides rumored expedition) and labeled "Hidey Hole 1" through "Hidey Hole 5". Less likely sites are labeled U1 through U10. I only had one criteria. A road that ended at the right altitude. A site scored additional points for having steep terrain and a meadow. Notes are attached to each placemark.

Unfortunately, it appears I can't attach a KMZ file. Until I figure that out, I'll leave you with a few screen captures. Let me know if there's a good way to distribute a Google Earth file.

post-1810-022496900 1328029653_thumb.jpg

post-1810-010259500 1328029711_thumb.jpg

post-1810-050994600 1328030118_thumb.jpg

Edited by slimwitless

Guest slimwitless

Thanks, Bob. Here's the link to the Google Earth file.

Sierra Kills.kmz

By the way, these placemarks are guesses. If the reported elevation is off, Google elevations are wrong or if the road doesn't end then I'm probably not even close. If anyone has any guesses of their own, send me the coordinates and I'll take a look. It's been a fun little exercise. It looks like beautiful country up there.

Thanks, Bob. Here's the link to the Google Earth file.

Sierra Kills.kmz

By the way, these placemarks are guesses. If the reported elevation is off, Google elevations are wrong or if the road doesn't end then I'm probably not even close. If anyone has any guesses of their own, send me the coordinates and I'll take a look. It's been a fun little exercise. It looks like beautiful country up there.

Good work

Guest slimwitless

I'm struck by how remote this place is. I only found one vehicle in the entire area. Interestingly, it looks like it's coming around a blind curve next to a small meadow. In the image, the yellow line represents exactly 80 yards and falls exactly at 7200 feet. I wonder if Justin drives a white pickup? I wonder what's in the trailer? :D

post-1810-026560700 1328112969_thumb.jpg

Regardless, there ain't much activity up there.

39.686196 -120.589860

I thought the following comment on Erickson's Sasquatch the Quest website, which has just reappeared on line. It does list Dr. Ketchum as a team member. Here is the comment:

The sasquatch is an extremely cunning and elusive creature. Their senses are beyond human, especially their incredible night vision. In human populated areas the operate almost strictly nocturnally. We know of two sasquatch that were mistakenly shot by hunters decades ago. In both cases, upon discovery, the men ran off, afraid to tell anyone until many years later

If Ketchum did indeed analysis dna from the Seira Kills and she is a member of the Erickson team, it is safe to assume that she has concluded that the samples are not from a bf or otherwise, they would no of more than the two shootings referenced in the above comment.

I don't think that's a logical assumption to make. They did not state that they only know of these two incidents to the exclusion of all others. Inferring anymore seems a bit presumptuous, and I also wouldn't expect Erickson to tip his hand so easily while waiting for the DNA results.

Edited by Bonehead74

If Ketchum did indeed analysis dna from the Seira Kills and she is a member of the Erickson team, it is safe to assume that she has concluded that the samples are not from a bf or otherwise, they would no of more than the two shootings referenced in the above comment.

I fail completely to see how you arrive at this conclusion. It seems perfectly obvious to me that Erickson views the Sierra Kills as somebody else's can of worms that he is not interested in opening on his own website. I expect he feels that his own samples, and his film project, are enough to be going on with just at the moment.

Both Derek Randles and Justin have practically gone blind in one eye tipping the forum the wink, from the restrictions of their NDA's, that Melba Ketchum has certified the Sierra samples as 100% American Bigfoot in her home-made, patented, Bigfoot test. I believe that much.

I am much more interested in why Jeff Meldrum and John Mionczynski are so sceptical of the Sierra samples. I listened to an interview with the latter here and was surprised at how much cold water was poured on the story from someone who was personally guided over the kill site by Justin himself.

I think Meldrum is walking a thin tightrope if he alienates himself from Ketchum and then her results pan out. He is already on a sticky wicket clinging to his Giganto hypothesis, when the direction of travel of the paradigm shift seems to be moving in precisely the opposite direction.

Is Dr. Ketchum beholden to tell Erickson the results of the Sierra DNA. It is part of another, separate project if I'm not mistaken.

Guest slimwitless

Derek Randles was on Bigfoot Tonight Sunday. I managed to get in a few questions through the moderator which was nice. Here's the info I found interesting:

• Hair and a small piece of bone (maybe the end of a rib) was found during the expedition in July. The location and color of the hair suggest it's related to the sample found earlier. It hasn't been tested.
  • The only blood from the juvenile was/is on Justin's boot. It's been preserved but not tested.
  • If the adult dropped where the sample was found, it sounds like it traveled between 100 to 150 yards after being shot.
  • Justin probably came within forty feet of finding the adult on that day. It sounds like it was slightly elevated on a ledge. That's probably why they missed it.

Other thoughts: Derek Randles brings an enormous amount of credibility to this story. Bigfoot Tonight is the best blogtalk BF show IMO.

Edited by slimwitless

If I am not mistaken the only other evidence I've heard Randles being related to other than this is the skookum elk thing. Wasn't he one of the ones that proclaimed it to be a bigfoot lay impression?

Guest RioBravo

Derek Randles was on Bigfoot Tonight Sunday. I managed to get in a few questions through the moderator which was nice. Here's the info I found interesting:

• Hair and a small piece of bone (maybe the end of a rib) was found during the expedition in July. The location and color of the hair suggest it's related to the sample found earlier. It hasn't been tested.
  • The only blood from the juvenile was/is on Justin's boot. It's been preserved but not tested.
  • If the adult dropped where the sample was found, it sounds like it traveled between 100 to 150 yards after being shot.
  • Justin probably came within forty feet of finding the adult on that day. It sounds like it was slightly elevated on a ledge. That's probably why they missed it.

Other thoughts: Derek Randles brings an enormous amount of credibility to this story. Bigfoot Tonight is the best blogtalk BF show IMO.

Thanks for the info, Slim!

If I am not mistaken the only other evidence I've heard Randles being related to other than this is the skookum elk thing. Wasn't he one of the ones that proclaimed it to be a bigfoot lay impression?

Can we spell "Strawman"?

@ DEREKFOOT

I know the bfro/moneymaker do not believe in Justin's story and noticed you said that Bobo fay was there, was that his belief also, or does he share your views ?

Thanks, and great interview by the way.

P.S. - On the last redundant caller were you imitating Archie Bunker pretending to shoot himself during the call ? (you don't have to answer

this one wink.gif)

Edited by zigoapex