Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

It's interesting to see the range of responses engendered by this story. We've gone from moral outrage to slapstick over the course of a few days. I have reasons to be cautiously optimistic but it's hard for me to ground this tale in reality until I see proof. Until that day, I imagine I'll occasionally post something I'll eventually regret. You don't have to scroll up too far to see an example.

If the central premise of this incredible story actually pans out (and even if it doesn't to everyone's satisfaction), this thread could become be a historical document. So...spit out that gum, comb your hair and sit up straight.

It was just a little comic relief slim.

Indeed it has been interesting to watch all the various reactions to this account, and I agree with another poster that this being aired out before the evidence is revealed could have served a purpose in preparation for the reveal. Digesting the details and venting the emotions is probably good to get out of the way, so that rational thinking can take over.

I've not felt the need to post much in this thread because I've had a unique seat to observe from. I knew about this shooting event 6 months before the story broke on this forum, and there's only one way I would have known that, so when it broke I was sure to capture some of those more cynical reactions for posterity, and now reside in my sig line. :)

The OP and the General either have a chunk of uncataloged primate or they don't and only the science can tell us for sure, so we wait. It's all I need to see.

Guest slimwitless

But, I do agree that little more than one or two individuals stories have fueled this speculation long enough.

The story comes from two individuals but if that's all there was to it, I wouldn't be hanging around.

The thing that gets me is that it would be a really really stupid lie to make up. I could come up with something much better than that without really even trying. If you were going to make up a lie would you say that someone else was telling you not to shoot because it was a guy in a suit? :blink:

Well, Justin and Driver could be masters of reverse psychology!

It was just a little comic relief slim.

Absolutely! It was funny. I guess the second part of my post sounded a little preachy. I meant it as tongue in check reminder to be careful not to say something you might regret. It wasn't aimed at anyone. I'll take jokes over indignation any day of the week.

It depends on how you frame it, if you look at it in a historical light, i.e. has anything like this been proved to happen before, then surely Occam's razor would conclude it's a simpler explanation that it didn't happen?

I guess simple is subjective.

Well I guess we will have to continue to wait.....and wait.....and wait....

Where is Slabdog's skeleton covered in cobwebs at the keyboard when you need it?

The story comes from two individuals but if that's all there was to it, I wouldn't be hanging around.

Slim..

I believe something happened, only because the player in the study are able to speak via FaceBook and web posts on many topics, except denouncing Justin's story. That speaks volumes.

When I said enough of speculation from the stories of 2.. I meant.. I need more input now..more versions to speculate further - profitably... that's all.

And, yes I am hanging around b/c I want to know the truth..and all the roles everyone had. Why? Because I care, and since we are all self appointed I figured I can do that!

but...I must confess I still read your comments, and others, they are worth the trip here.

BFF Patron

Norman...... NORMAN? lol

Well I guess we will have to continue to wait.....and wait.....and wait....

Where is Slabdog's skeleton covered in cobwebs at the keyboard when you need it?

realizing Slabdog's is a nice color picture, I like this one as well... (same message).

skeletonPC.jpg

Guest slimwitless

realizing Slabdog's is a nice color picture, I like this one as well... (same message).

skeletonPC.jpg

Was he using one of these? Guys, I don't think I can wait that long.

trs80ii.jpg

BFF Patron

Was he using one of these? Guys, I don't think I can wait that long.

trs80ii.jpg

Nope, that's the newer model, after this one burned out............ yah, it's been awhile