Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Particle Noun

Cisco,

There is a reason some predators hide their scat. Scat gives away their presence to prey with heightened senses, and we know animals have a sense of smell many orders of magnitude more than we do. It would make complete sense for Bigfoot, as an apex predator, to hide it's scat.

It would also make sense for it to not hide it under certain situations where it wanted to mark territory. Both are behaviors found in the wild, not at all uncommonly.

Hiding the scat, in other words, has nothing to do with hiding their presence from us (well, it might not anyway, I can't put it past them), but probably more to do with hiding their presence from prey.

CTfoot,

if I would have done this in private, tons of folks would have ran at me accusing me of trying to hide things, just like they accuse me of all kinds of other things. You can't win here no matter what you do. I did what made sense to me at the time, and I'd do it again tomorrow if I needed to. If my standing in the Bigfoot community has dropped down, well then so be it. This is not a popularity contest. Giving the info here on the forum was the fastest way to let it be known. Any other way would have started whispering and gossip and on and on. You would understand further if you were in my shoes. I did the best I could with this event. Any of you think you are better suited for the job, then by all means, go for it. It's like trying to keep a Tiger in a paper fence.

DR

I think no less of you than I did after reading this over a year ago. I don't see a great deal of difference in what Justin said this time as opposed to what he said in January. Any damage done was done when you first got involved with Justin, but I really haven't seen much criticism of you since then. You may want to consider getting a PR person for you and your group, from the outside looking in, you didn't do yourself any favors.

Edited by CTfoot

Do myself favors? What are you even talking about? I'm not here to look like Mr. upstanding Bigfoot researcher. I am a researcher, and I have been for the last 27 years. You can't please everybody in this field. As a matter of fact it's hard to please anybody. I do this research because I love it, plain and simple. I'm not doing this to look good to the research community, or anyone for that matter. Myself and co-founder Rich Germeau hand picked the biologists and other top notch researchers for our organization. If they come to me and have a problem with the way I'm conducting myself, then I will cool my jets. Please understand, this is not a popularity contest. I know I've said that before, but it's true. We are in this to do the most comprehensive research we can do, and provide as much empirical evidence as we can. As far as that's concerned, we've knocked it out of the park. Everything we do is strictly voluntary, and we don't have major Hollywood studios lining up to make us all superstars. What we do is real research and field work. If the general public doesn't like how politically correct we are that's just to bad.

And yes Cervelo, you're hilarious.

DR

Hi all

Please excuse my possible ignorance here, I've tried reading all the posts since the interview was posted looking for whether anyone had asked about how serious the General was taking the whole interview thing at times? No disrespect intended to anyone involved but there seemed to me to be a lot of laughing/smirking during what was supposed to be a frank and honest discussion on the events of that afternoon/evening. Did that not come across as strange or at least a little bit odd to anyone else?

If Justin was so desperate to talk to someone post event why not discuss it with the 'Driver'? It's not like they didn't have much to discuss!?. Attempting to put myself in his position post event if something that crazy had happened to me I would have at least talked to - Driver first and a lot, g/f, wife, good friend(s) etc. I mean if it was real it was real the same as if you saw or interacted with a ghost? or UFO?. Screw the implications, if it's that crazy you have a right to speak out to your nearest n dearest in my view.

Justin is not the only hunter in North America, or the world for that matter that would have had the same shoot first, questions later logic about what they were doing. I think we all know that to be a truism or at least highly probable. Why have we no more stories along similar lines that concluded with some tangible evidence, from anywhere, ever as far as I'm aware?

Why has the 'Driver' not talked to anyone in the public domain after witnessing something so out of the ordinary?

Why not go back sooner, much sooner? Even to case the area from a distance if necessary?

Pictures? 20/30 mins searching with juveniles running around yards away (before the epiphany). You just would, wouldn't you??

The 40 piles of huge scat dotted about and the lack of the 'Driver' arming himself for the post shot chase? Military background, that's not rational thinking surely?

Justin states that his brother is a police officer in California(?). Are the police some of the most likely people that would know how to beat a polygraph test?. He states he has taken one and that he will take another in part 2 (sometime August - if it ever happens considering all that's been written since)

Apologies if I sound overly sceptical, that's not completely the case, I just thought the interview threw up a lot of questions that don't appear to have been answered or discussed so far. (bar some of the the scat/non armed driver posts)

It seemed to me like a plausible story in parts but also quite disjointed and outlandish in others. Too much doesn't ring right in my mind.

A lot of the facts seem to be getting swallowed up in a little bit of a melo-drama of sorts and the whole thing appears to be in danger of following an old (apparently World War 1?) Chinese whisper sent from the trenches... 'send reinforcements, were going to advance' when it reached British HQ it read 'send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance'

G

“Doubt everything or believe everything: these are two equally convenient strategies. With either we dispense with the need for reflection.â€

- Henri Poincare

Guest BFSleuth

If I post this anywhere else, it'll just stimulate discussion appropriate to this thread.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

Darwin Award: The Man Who Stares at Goats, ... confirms on hole in goat suit...

I don't think it's a great idea to be out dressed as a game animal at any time of year.

BFF Patron

Here in the plains, a number of critters use roads. Not sure why. Walking on gravel make you have to go?

Long distance scent transfer for when it gets all caught up in that tire tread and fender wells... :wink:

Guest slimwitless

Hi all

Please excuse my possible ignorance here, I've tried reading all the posts since the interview was posted looking for whether anyone had asked about how serious the General was taking the whole interview thing at times? No disrespect intended to anyone involved but there seemed to me to be a lot of laughing/smirking during what was supposed to be a frank and honest discussion on the events of that afternoon/evening. Did that not come across as strange or at least a little bit odd to anyone else?

I'm sure Justin has told his story so many times he can't even count. I wouldn't expect him to be continually somber about it or show faux tears. The day he gets a public relations person is the day you'll see that interview...which may be never. Humor is a very good way to deal with a bad situation. Oh, he was also drinking beer and talking to a friend. BTW, I think that would make a great format for a serious news show. Sixty Minutes sponsored by Bud Light.

If Justin was so desperate to talk to someone post event why not discuss it with the 'Driver'? It's not like they didn't have much to discuss!?. Attempting to put myself in his position post event if something that crazy had happened to me I would have at least talked to - Driver first and a lot, g/f, wife, good friend(s) etc. I mean if it was real it was real the same as if you saw or interacted with a ghost? or UFO?. Screw the implications, if it's that crazy you have a right to speak out to your nearest n dearest in my view.

I believe he said it was quite a long time before either of them broached the subject. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've talked it this many times since (even when being interviewed for the book). Surely they have as they're still good friends.

Justin is not the only hunter in North America, or the world for that matter that would have had the same shoot first, questions later logic about what they were doing. I think we all know that to be a truism or at least highly probable. Why have we no more stories along similar lines that concluded with some tangible evidence, from anywhere, ever as far as I'm aware?

There are other shooting stories. Many end with the hunter fleeing or burying the body out of fear they killed a person.

Why has the 'Driver' not talked to anyone in the public domain after witnessing something so out of the ordinary?

The 'Driver' is a member here and answered some questions many months back. His user name is...let's see...oh yes, "thedriver". He also appeared on a radio interview with Justin and Bart Cutino. He is most definitely a real person.

Why not go back sooner, much sooner? Even to case the area from a distance if necessary?

Pictures? 20/30 mins searching with juveniles running around yards away (before the epiphany). You just would, wouldn't you??

The 40 piles of huge scat dotted about and the lack of the 'Driver' arming himself for the post shot chase? Military background, that's not rational thinking surely?

I don't know the answer to these questions. I could speculate but it's almost dinner time. I will say I don't think it's a big deal that the driver didn't take his weapon. His partner was armed. Perhaps he suspected the adult was likely dead. Clearly he didn't feel threatened at that moment. Maybe he was packing something else. I don't know the answer but it doesn't bother me.

Justin states that his brother is a police officer in California(?). Are the police some of the most likely people that would know how to beat a polygraph test?. He states he has taken one and that he will take another in part 2 (sometime August - if it ever happens considering all that's been written since)

Is that something they teach California Highway Patrolmen? I don't put any stock in lie detectors although I I'd be lying myself if I said I wouldn't want to see a filmed test with the right questions. It simply shows that JS is earnest and not afraid to tell his story.

Apologies if I sound overly sceptical, that's not completely the case, I just thought the interview threw up a lot of questions that don't appear to have been answered or discussed so far. (bar some of the the scat/non armed driver posts)

It seemed to me like a plausible story in parts but also quite disjointed and outlandish in others. Too much doesn't ring right in my mind.

Truth is almost always stranger than fiction. If they're making the whole thing up, it'd be a lot easier to concoct a more believable tale. There's also nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. I've found that approaching a subject as if all sides are full of it is usually the best way to get to the truth. If these boys are telling a tall tale and have somehow managed to fool numerous DNA labs (or fool us into believing they have), they've pulled off a masterstroke hoax. One for the BF ages.

How could I ever get mad about that?

Edited by slimwitless

Going to back out for a while. It appears that you all have all my evil motivations all figured out. I posted my feelings here because I wanted it out with no gray area, and without a million questions. This is a thread about the Sierra shootings right? I feel like I was very clear about my deciding factors. Happy Big-footing all.

FYI. I and the Olympic Project own the sample. It was signed over to me in the beginning, then I signed over the study rights to Melba, so that can be taken out of the motive theories. Nothings changed since the beginning. Justin still has what's left of the sample for future testing or whatever he plans to do.

Peace,

DR

I think it's a big deal that the driver didn't take a weapon, considering they were looking for a wounded monster. Additionally, why would he feel comfortable enough to split up, a number of times, while searching for it?

I had originally understood that there was some hesitation because of fear of more monsters. Justin didn't give that impression during the interview. After a day full of curious scat, one would think that it could be more than a parent and two young siblings worth - yet there seemed to be NO hesitation or worry about other monsters. Interesting.

Guest MikeG

Right folks, listen very carefully.

This is all getting too personal.

We are supposed to be discussing the so-called Sierra Shooting, not the motivations or personalities of members directly involved or otherwise, or their standing in the BF community (whatever that is). So, get off Derekfoot's case. He is a member, and he deserves all the respect that every other member deserves.

Derek, you might serve your own best interests by no longer responding to the negative stuff.

If this doesn't cool down a bit we might just have to close the thread for a while. This isn't something we do lightly. Read the rules, people, behave according to them, and just simmer down.

Mike

Darwin Award: The Man Who Stares at Goats, ... confirms on hole in goat suit...

I don't think it's a great idea to be out dressed as a game animal at any time of year.

Any way you slice it, the goat guy's behavior is wierd. I like their charitable description of him as an "enthusiast".

didn't notice the earlier post warning for a calming period.

Thread closed.

cooling off period starts now....

Edited by slabdog