Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest OntarioSquatch

Honesty is one thing, but showing no remorse is another. It was things like bragging about how far he could throw the dead baby and how the adult looked like a man in a suit that probably pissed Mr. Randles off.

^^^

If you think it might have actually happened, I would suggest we all cut him some slack.

Ever consider the possible impact of PTSD in the months and years following such a traumatic incident?

I mean think about it....

If it really happened...

massively powerful, life changing incident.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I remember he mentioned that he and his friend quit smoking for months after the event. So, I think it had some affect.

Guest Thepattywagon

Actually, he and driver had quit smoking 6 months BEFORE the incident, but got cigarettes and smoked all the way home after the shooting.

That may be what you meant to say, OS.

I find many parts of this story interesting, but now that I have heard this one small detail recounted twice by Justin - once in an audio interview and now again in the video - it has become the most interesting part to me.

He has said - twice that I know of - that he was holding the small one after he shot it, and looking at it....then, "a bunch of stuff happened". Then it died.

A bunch of stuff happened?

It is interesting that he has told us quite a lot of detail, except for this "stuff" that happened while he was holding the small one.

General - what was this bunch of "stuff" that you skip over?

Guest peter

It's a good story but without proof it's just a story.

The one thing that really bothers me is his reasoning for leaving the young one, he shoots it for proof then leaves it behind. I wonder what happened as it was dying to change his mind.

SSR Team

unfortunately, in today's world, if you don't sugar coat it and fill it with colorful phases,

and magical words, You get thrown all the way under the bus,

Honesty doesn't necessarily make everything ok.

Just because someone is/was honest, doesn't mean that what they did was fine.

Guest peter

He had the story pretty well down pat until he got to the point where he killed the young one. Something happened that he didn't want the little one anymore and the fact that he keeps claiming the little ones somehow look less human like then the big one could be a subconscious attempt to ease his guilt.

Edited by peter

Guest BFSleuth

He stated he had cellphone pictures early on in one of these threads (don't tell me of what?); they were asked to be presented to the forum and to other's to verify. Request was denied. Somebody got a picture of a sample and posted it up on several blogs of the sample though (or at least the blogger who broke some of the details accessed one).

Whether the pic was taken in the field or later I don't recall.

Why did we leave in such a hurry and why didn't we take a picture?

I don't know. We just wanted to get away from the nightmare, none of it was fun and we wanted it to be over. Till you see a monster and decide not to shoot or to shoot then I just don't think I can describe or put into words my feelings or emotions in a way that would make sense to you. The thought of taking a picture at the time never crossed my mind. That may sound weird or untrue but its what happend.

I don't really enjoy talking about this (any of it). Its not really a fun thing to remember. or being the center of attention, so forgive me if I'm not always around to talk bigfoot or answer questions.

I think any reference to pictures must be after the event.

BFF Patron

He had the story pretty well down pat until he got to the point where he killed the young one. Something happened that he didn't want the little one anymore and the fact that he keeps claiming the little ones somehow look less human like then the big one could be a subconscious attempt to ease his guilt.

Well if this is the case, then the Lindsay artwork posted up of the little one (allegedly from a sketch or description for the book by General's illustrator), looks a little more chimp/gorilla like than human-like to me.

I am not a hunter and know next to nothing about rifles and ammo etc. I recall Justin saying how the bullet he used was capable of a good bit of damage. Would this bullet leave something as small as the young one alive for a few minutes after being shot in the neck at that distance? It seems like it would blow its spine apart and kill it instantly. Can anyone with hunting knowledge provide some insight for me please?

BFF Patron

Probably only Justin would know that PBLM. Depends on if just muscle, tissue, vessels were hit or ligaments/bone/nerve-CNS, etc. Def. a high velocity round at close distances could have a chance of a clean cut through the former. Since there was considerable blood described I'd imagine at least a jugular or accessory vein was hit. If it was the carotid or spinal or both, not sure there would have been much responsiveness even if it rolled to his feet.

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

Well if this is the case, then the Lindsay artwork posted up of the little one (allegedly from a sketch or description for the book by General's illustrator), looks a little more chimp/gorilla like than human-like to me.

Whilst on the subject of pictures, i wondered where the picture of the little Chimp looking Monkey young that is laying in a pool of blood in the Interview video came from ?